Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In other sports news....

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
that's very impressive

At the risk of sounding sexist, it's tough to see how a teenage boy is going to be effective wrestling a girl. I remember the raging hormones. When you're grappling like that is he really going to feel free to put his hands where he has to? And is he going to be panicking about his equipment making a public joke out of him? These are serious questions. I'm genuinely curious to get the thoughts of other guys. I'm not questioning the girls skill. I'm just wondering if the boy was compromised at all

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Phil Mickelson won the PGA today, just shy of 51 years old. Oldest man to win a Major in golf. Take heart, Federer fans.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations to Italy on their first Euro title since 1968! Well deserved!

Commiserations for England boys but they have a great future ahead of them with an exciting young team.

Final was locked at 1 goal each full and extra time and so it came down to penalties shoot - out (kinda like Tennis Final set tie-breaker).
Always brutual when that happens for the losing side but hey, how else would you achieve an outcome?

Hard to believe that it is 500 days 'till the World Cup Soccer / Football.

Reactions: Moxie

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anybody following formula one these days? Great stuff and today’s the US Grand Prix

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Almost forgot 2022 Figure Skating World Chp. on! I wonder how relevant they'll end up being as Russians and Belarusians weren't allowed to compete? The USA won a GOLD in Pairs; 1st since '75 so it appears to be tainted! The US women are doing very well today without the best in the WORLD being there! Alysa Lui took Bronze Medal with Mariah Bell just falling out of contention in 4th Place! Uno wins Men's event! :yawningface: :astonished-face::fearful-face:

- - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_World_Figure_Skating_Championships#Pairs - -

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
No current NBA thread. I’ll post this here. It’s utterly fantastic!! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anybody enjoying the return of Formula 1???? Looks like Red Bull are doing well once again, although I do hope Ferrari gets their act together for all concerned.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
one of the. greatest post fight speeches I've ever heard. Heck! It reminds me of the. Rocky to his son. speech...

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anybody enjoying the return of Formula 1???? Looks like Red Bull are doing well once again, although I do hope Ferrari gets their act together for all concerned.
the man...the legend...the Diva..... Vamos Sergio Perez!

1681499053859.png

• Love
Reactions: shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Max's streak was ended by Carlos Sainz today! Red Bull will not have a season of winning every race!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey @shawnbm !

I don’t follow formula 1 as closely as you do but I am interested. However, how do we tell if it’s the driver is great, and not the car?

Second! Do you think Hamilton was robbed if his eighth title a couple of years ago?

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It takes both--driver and great car. In the team element you have two drivers in the same car worked on by the same team but Hamilton was heads and shoulders above his teammates for years just as Verstappen is over Perez today. So, both are key.

Hamilton--it was a very gray area there and I do not follow it enough to quite understand how it ended the way it did, but Max fans say it was a fair call and Lewis' fans say otherwise. Truth be told (I have been told), Hamilton had pretty of calls go his way during his dominant years. No denying Max is a top notch driver, clearly--as is Hamilton.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It takes both--driver and great car. In the team element you have two drivers in the same car worked on by the same team but Hamilton was heads and shoulders above his teammates for years just as Verstappen is over Perez today. So, both are key.

Hamilton--it was a very gray area there and I do not follow it enough to quite understand how it ended the way it did, but Max fans say it was a fair call and Lewis' fans say otherwise. Truth be told (I have been told), Hamilton had pretty of calls go his way during his dominant years. No denying Max is a top notch driver, clearly--as is Hamilton.
Thanks brother! Great insight into it. Hadn’t thought about the fact that there’s 2 drivers per team, and the difference is the driver.

I think in the great controversy, there was a “human error” according to FIA when the safety car was leading them around the track, in the decision to allow Verstappen to basically have a free run past lapped drivers so he was directly behind Hamilton, and on fresh tyres, going into the final lap. It’ll be argued forever! Especially if Verstappen gets to 8 titles first..

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is going to be if not already is one of the greats. He has passed the man himself (Senna) and will soon be knocking on Lewis' door in perhaps another five seasons the way things are going for him and Red Bull. But, you never know.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anybody watch The Masters and The Chevron? Scheffler and Korda (whose daddy won the AO in 1998) are now the dominant faces of professional golf, hands down. Great stuff!