Davis Cup Finals 2023, Malaga, Spain

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thank you! If that’s the case, then I stand by on what I posted earlier: Whichever team wins the 1st singles match, more than likely that team wins Davis Cup. Unless of course De Minaur upsets Sinner or the Italian Doubles team upsets Ebden/Purcell team
Obviously the Italians need to win it in singles and avoid the doubs altogether. So we'll see tomorrow.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Obviously the Italians need to win it in singles and avoid the doubs altogether. So we'll see tomorrow.
Fair assessment, but I'm going with Margaret's notion of the DC x-factor. The Australians had to get past Finland for the final, and Italy had to go through a real trial-by-fire. Italy has the energy and momentum. They beat world #1 not once but twice to make the finals. They may be less-rested, but they have impetus on their side. Plus, they have Sinner.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyway I am off to bed as I have to get up at 2am my time for the DC final
Italia Forza( please tennis gods we havent won a DC final since 1976) surely it is our turn no?
Later good people!

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My commies think the fast court suits Arnaldi we shall see
Oh Matteo did beat Popyrin a month ago in Shanghai

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My commies think the fast court suits Arnaldi we shall see
Oh Matteo did beat Popyrin a month ago in Shanghai
Matteo had the break, but then got broken straight back. Of the two, he started calmer, but Popyrin has calmed down, and now Arnaldi seems over-pumped.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo had the break, but then got broken straight back. Of the two, he started calmer, but Popyrin has calmed down, and now Arnaldi seems over-pumped.
Matteo needed to calm down after the break and he didnt , broken, both players are nervous may take a couple of service games to calm themselves down

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Matteo reminds me of the female version of Sabalenka at times, :)
Come on Matteo keep directing your shots to the bh side of Popyprin either player do not seem to have a game plan at present they are just being 'reactive' presently

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow...Arnaldi pulls that set out of his...hat! He can hit that forehand big, when it doesn't go too wild.