Danish Angel - Holger Rune Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I still think that Rune should just take the rest of year off especially if he is still somewhat dealing with the back issues. Allow his body to heal first and have a longer off-season so he can have a recharge in 2024.
Yeah, he’s definitely not where he was this time last year. Back injury is the kind you really need to take care over…

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another terrible loss from Rune, this time it is against Nakashima (a player outside of the Top 100) AND Rune only won 2 games this match! Like I have stated before, he needs to shut down his 2023 season now. No need to further injure himself on what ever is happening him physically right now.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Another terrible loss from Rune, this time it is against Nakashima (a player outside of the Top 100) AND Rune only won 2 games this match! Like I have stated before, he needs to shut down his 2023 season now. No need to further injure himself on what ever is happening him physically right now.
He’s too young for his body to be continually falling apart like this. It looks as though this kid may have a Nishikori career trajectory.

Reactions: tented and Fiero425

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He’s too young for his body to be continually falling apart like this. It looks as though this kid may have a Nishikori career trajectory.
He does have the same body physique as Nishikori now that you have mentioned it, Nehmeth.

I will give Rune until end of 2024 before I have a final verdict on him physically. As much he has physical problems right now, he is only 20 years old so he has time to fix whatever physical "problems" he has right now. Sinner was the same in 2021 going into 2022. Now in 2023, it seems like Sinner is getting better physically and becoming more fitter as the year goes on.

The key for Rune right now though is that he needs to understand that playing through this injury will not help him now and potentially in the future. He needs to rest both mentally and physically or else it will only get worse from here on out.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He does have the same body physique as Nishikori now that you have mentioned it, Nehmeth.

I will give Rune until end of 2024 before I have a final verdict on him physically. As much he has physical problems right now, he is only 20 years old so he has time to fix whatever physical "problems" he has right now. Sinner was the same in 2021 going into 2022. Now in 2023, it seems like Sinner is getting better physically and becoming more fitter as the year goes on.
Having a great coach added to your team (like Cahill for Sinner in 2022) would go a long way in helping Rune with making good long and short term decisions that are best for him and his career.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Having a great coach added to your team (like Cahill for Sinner in 2022) would go a long way in helping Rune with making good long and short term decisions that are best for him and his career.
Rune did reunited with his old coach, Lars, at Beijing. We will see if he will add more to his team.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, man...please let that not be true.

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Exactly. @Jelenafan got me liking him and appreciating his game and fight — I’d be disappointed to have him be part of the constant wounded.
I don't know what's going on with him, but he's too young to be among the walking-wounded. And I do like him for his fight, and his bold game. I hope this is some blip in his progress, nothing more.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh, man...please let that not be true.

"It felt good. I’ve had a tough period, both with my body and match circumstances, so I’m just happy to be back feeling good. Feeling mentally well on and off the court. I’m just super happy with my level today. I was feeling very good. I didn’t feel anything in my body.
This is good. I don’t mind muscle soreness, but I’m too young to have these kinds of problems, so it’s good to feel good out there. I’m feeling healthy, taking care of my body and I’m super happy to play without pain and just enjoy myself."

Holger Rune from a September 29 article after ending a 7 match losing streak. He’s correct. He’s way too young to be saying crap like this. He lost his next match in Beijing to Dimitrov, and here in his first match in Shanghai.

Last edited by a moderator:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Holger Rune loses another 1st round match and this time against Kecmanovic.

Since his loss to Alcaraz in Wimbledon, Rune is 1-7 in his last eight official matches! He is just in free-fall right now!

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Holger Rune loses another 1st round match and this time against Kecmanovic.

Since his loss to Alcaraz in Wimbledon, Rune is 1-7 in his last eight official matches! He is just in free-fall right now!
Is he still relating it to his back trouble?

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Boris Becker to fill in as interim coach for Holger Rune? Thoughts?

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Boris Becker to fill in as interim coach for Holger Rune? Thoughts?

Boris Becker received a damaged good, but then again Boris himself is damaged too in a way haha. I guess they might get along very well. When Becker worked with Novak he had a complete player already. Now he has Rune and he needs to improve him as a player, that is not a small difference compared to Novak. Let's see if they will work permanently going into the 2024 season.

Reactions: tented

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
https://www.atptour.com/en/news/holger-rune-hires-boris-becker#:~:text=Holger%20Rune's%20team%20confirmed,some%20of%20his%20greatest%20heights.

I’ve said i wanted little Holger to work on his serve as more of a weapon, so the addition of Becker is encouraging. : )

Danish-Angel just barely made it thru! He was a netcord away from losing to Etcheverry who had his chances! Just caught the end! It's amazing how the elites have to steal a match in 3rd set TB's like this all the time! And they say the competition is weak! Come on! :fearful-face: :yawningface: :astonished-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: Jelenafan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Danish-Angel just barely made it thru! He was a netcord away from losing to Etcheverry who had his chances! Just caught the end! It's amazing how the elites have to steal a match in 3rd set TB's like this all the time! And they say the competition is weak! Come on! :fearful-face: :yawningface: :astonished-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
The Danish Angel has been fairly fragile himself of late, but that was a great win for him. Etcheverry was a game lad…

Reactions: Fiero425

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Someone likes Runes legs.....

1700039123945.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fiero425 and Kieran