Danish Angel - Holger Rune Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He still has a coach - Kenneth Carlsen. And his mother is steppeng down as his manager...
I did hear rumors that his mother is a problem? of course they are rumors, maybe in hindsight that is a good decision moving forward. You did say Carlsen came on board this year,, hopefully this will work out

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Which tells me the real problem here is Rune.

Let’s face it: it’s obvious from his on-court behavior that he‘s not the most likable player on the tour. It’s not difficult to imagine how he behaves when he’s being coached. Guys like Becker and Luthi know there are plenty of other players they can work with who aren't so challenging.
Yep I take your point, pity because I thought that Becker and Luthi were a good mix to coach Rune,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
@AdamAddicott on Twitter,

Holger Rune's management will be handled by IMG from now onwards instead of his mother Aneke who recently confirmed this in an email to Danish media

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did hear rumors that his mother is a problem? of course they are rumors, maybe in hindsight that is a good decision moving forward. You did say Carlsen came on board this year,, hopefully this will work out
This is what I was going to say. She seems rather intense. Hopefully, it's true she's stepping away. Marat Safin had a mother who coached him and was very intense and negative. He finally banned her from his box. I don't think it was long after that that he won his 2nd Major.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is what I was going to say. She seems rather intense. Hopefully, it's true she's stepping away. Marat Safin had a mother who coached him and was very intense and negative. He finally banned her from his box. I don't think it was long after that that he won his 2nd Major.
I remember Marat's mother intense indeed. Holger being 20 I can understand his mother wanting to look out for him and protect him, in saying that she should let the tennis professionals do their job, and support her son not becoming 'the tennis parents' we have seen in our sport over the years. I really thought Becker and Luthi would be a good mix for Holger, sad to say it didnt work out.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just putting this here.

1713233412392.png

(What a baby...Jeez)

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is what I was going to say. She seems rather intense. Hopefully, it's true she's stepping away. Marat Safin had a mother who coached him and was very intense and negative. He finally banned her from his box….
To be replaced by these “non mothers” in the players box

IMG_0941.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just putting this here.

View attachment 9386
(What a baby...Jeez)
I did post that from Holger on social media after he lost the match to Sinner, in the Monte Carlo post.
About time Holger grows up and stop whinging when things dont go his way, not the first time he has gone to complain on social media,btw it is not doing him any favors at all.
He refuses to acknowledge his short comings how is he going to improve?, he has to stop finding faults outside himself!
Holger needs to stop posting on social media, when he lost in the 1st rd in Miami again he went on social media and said he should not have played because he wasnt well? if that was the case he should have withdrawn from the tournament?

Holger needs to buckle down and start working to get back in the Top Ten, he is bordering on 'Entitlement Mentality" about time he Grew Up!,

Shame because he has all the elements to be a Top Player!

Last edited:

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I did post that from Holger on social media after he lost the match to Sinner, in the Monte Carlo post.
About time Holger grows up and stop whinging when things dont go his way, not the first time he has gone to complain on social media,btw it is not doing him any favors at all.
He refuses to acknowledge his short comings how is he going to improve?, he has to stop finding faults outside himself!
Holger needs to stop posting on social media, when he lost in the 1st rd in Miami again he went on social media and said he should not have played because he wasnt well? if that was the case he should have withdrawn from the tournament?

Holger needs to buckle down and start working to get back in the Top Ten, he is bordering on 'Entitlement Mentality" about time he Grew Up!,

Shame because he has all the elements to be a Top Player!
And here we go again..... how many times do you feel the need to write this? I think all of us got your message the first 15 times you made it.
And you are still reading his message wrong. He is not complaining about the conditions. He is stating, that the ATP didn't need to rub it in in favour of one ATP player againt another.
May the force be with you....

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And here we go again..... how many times do you feel the need to write this? I think all of us got your message the first 15 times you made it.
And you are still reading his message wrong. He is not complaining about the conditions. He is stating, that the ATP didn't need to rub it in in favour of one ATP player againt another.
May the force be with you....
Keep making excuses, btw I only made this comment one time, when I posted it on the MC post, so stop exagerating? well if you go to social media and read the comments after he carried on, I am not reading the wrong message.and other people back me up. he stated he wasnt given the best conditions? I am reading it correctly and yes I have my glasses on :) also complaining that the umpire made crucial mistakes? Its a pity his fans cannot take constructive comments on his general behavior on court? and also whining on social media and his excuses why he lost on other occasions?
I mean Sinner had a dreadful call in his match with Stef that cost him badly and he could have gone up a double break in the 3rd set? did he go onto social media and complain? did he kick up a fuss to the umpire when she made the bad call? No he Did Not, he just accepted the bad call? maybe Rune can take a leaf out of Sinner's book and show some maturity on the court.
May the force also be with you::)

Last edited:

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Keep making excuses, btw I only made this comment one time, when I posted it on the MC post, so stop exagerating? well if you go to social media and read the comments after he carried on, I am not reading the wrong message.and other people back me up. he stated he wasnt given the best conditions? I am reading it correctly and yes I have my glasses on :) also complaining that the umpire made crucial mistakes? Its a pity his fans cannot take constructive comments on his general behavior on court? and also whining on social media and his excuses why he lost on other occasions?
I mean Sinner had a dreadful call in his match with Stef that cost him badly and he could have gone up a double break in the 3rd set? did he go onto social media and complain? did he kick up a fuss to the umpire when she made the bad call? No he Did Not, he just accepted the bad call? maybe Rune can take a leaf out of Sinner's book and show some maturity on the court.
May the force also be with you::)
The repeating of your comments was a comment to you on several occations have called Rune out for his behaviour. We got it.

I am definitely not blind for Rune's faults. But in this case he is NOT making excuses for his loss with the comment. ATP wrote about Sinners victory and wrote "May the force be with you". And that is what he made the remarks too. And a lot of the comments I read on X got the message (and some didn't). And many agrees that it was uncalled for.

I just guess some people have decided that he's the "bad" guy/villain no matter what he does. I honestly don't think he cares that much about what we think.

Reactions: Jelenafan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t have any problems with Rune’s personality on and off the court. My only thing with him is he needs to start winning consistently (not necessarily titles but just reaching SFs/Fs). We will see if the MC tournament was the spark he needed to get his season going

Reactions: Moxie and lomaha