Covid vaccine - opinions?

Will you take the vaccine when it is available to you?

• I will take the vaccine

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • I don't trust the vaccine

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Don't know enough yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thrilled there is a vaccine...it feels like there is light at the end of the tunnel

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I'll wait to see how it works for others

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I've just had my 1st coronavirus jab. My Mother & Sister had their 1st 1 a few months ago. We all have allergies. My Mother & Sister had the Astra-Zeneca & they've been fine. I had the Pfizer. I asked questions about allergies etc. before I had it done. They said I was answering all the questions they were going to ask before they asked them. They said I should be fine. I'll just have to wait & see. Although I've heard about people dying after the Astra-Zeneca I'd have preferred to have it because I'm like my Mother & Sister & it hasn't affected them so it probably wouldn't have affected me but I got told all the under-40s were having the Pfizer.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I am fully vaccinated w/ Pfizer as of last week. I had no side effects with either shot, but talked to several guys on my new job who had fever, chills or no energy for 2 days following both shots. Most of my family is fully vaccinated with a variety, my aunt in her 80s -- Pfizer, had no side effects. My sister and brother in law located in Montreal, both in their 60s had Pfizer, no effects. I have a sister in St. Louis who got J&J, then 2 brothers, a sister in law and 2 nieces who got Moderna. One niece who is 30 in NY was down for a day w/ low energy after her 2nd Moderna. It definitely effects everyone differently.

Horsa

Reactions
I am fully vaccinated w/ Pfizer as of last week. I had no side effects with either shot, but talked to several guys on my new job who had fever, chills or no energy for 2 days following both shots. Most of my family is fully vaccinated with a variety, my aunt in her 80s -- Pfizer, had no side effects. My sister and brother in law located in Montreal, both in their 60s had Pfizer, no effects. I have a sister in St. Louis who got J&J, then 2 brothers, a sister in law and 2 nieces who got Moderna. One niece who is 30 in NY was down for a day w/ low energy after her 2nd Moderna. It definitely effects everyone differently.
O.K. Thank you very much. When you're a person with allergies you tend to worry too much about these things (sometimes you're right to do so). When I said my Mother & Sister were the same as me I meant we all have the same allergies so I thought that if it didn't affect them it wouldn't have affected me. I've just got a headache & arm-ache this morning. Other than that I'm fine.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I got my second Moderna last week. The day after I felt sicker than I’ve felt in years. The day after that, I was back to normal.

Reactions: Moxie and kskate2

Horsa

Reactions
I got my second Moderna last week. The day after I felt sicker than I’ve felt in years. The day after that, I was back to normal.
I'm very sorry to hear you felt that bad the day after your 2nd jab but glad you felt better the day after that. I hope you're well & happy now.

Reactions: kskate2 and tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't want to say, to put people off, but I was very sick after my first Moderna shot last week. It's very possible that, because I was in a trial and already have some vaccine, that that was why. Still, only felt bad for 5 hours, and slept through most of it. Once I took an aspirin, drank some mint tea, then a strong coffee, I was back to normal. My 2nd shot is in two weeks. I'm not planning anything challenging for the 2nd and 3rd day after. I'll let you know how I do. :)

Reactions: tented

Horsa

Reactions
I didn't want to say, to put people off, but I was very sick after my first Moderna shot last week. It's very possible that, because I was in a trial and already have some vaccine, that that was why. Still, only felt bad for 5 hours, and slept through most of it. Once I took an aspirin, drank some mint tea, then a strong coffee, I was back to normal. My 2nd shot is in two weeks. I'm not planning anything challenging for the 2nd and 3rd day after. I'll let you know how I do. :)
I'm very sorry to hear you felt so ill for a while but you're o.k. now.

I hope your next jab doesn't affect you as badly. :0)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm very sorry to hear you felt so ill for a while but you're o.k. now.

I hope your next jab doesn't affect you as badly. :0)
You're kind, thanks. It's funny, but it seems no telling how anyone is going to react. There is no clear pattern as to who suffers with side-effects. Some older, some younger, some with the first shot, some with the second one. Many or most get no side effects at all. Bottom line is: it's better than getting COVID, and it's better than risking spreading it, by a lot.

Reactions: tented and Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
You're kind, thanks. It's funny, but it seems no telling how anyone is going to react. There is no clear pattern as to who suffers with side-effects. Some older, some younger, some with the first shot, some with the second one. Many or most get no side effects at all. Bottom line is: it's better than getting COVID, and it's better than risking spreading it, by a lot.
You're welcome.

I agree & I've noticed. I made the mistake of having it in the arm I use most, i.e. I'm right-handed & I had it in the right arm which means the arm-ache was prolonged because the ache goes off & then I use my arm & it comes back on again. The arm-ache was wearing off until I did some sewing, then I've been doing a lot of writing (well, my Manager put me on a "Working with under-12s" course & there's a lot of writing & typing involved) which have provoked it. I accidentally provoked it by rolling over onto it when I was asleep & waking up when it hurts & moving. I hope it's o.k. when I go into quilting at work tomorrow.

I agree. My cousin got COVID & she sounded terrible when she told us about it on the phone. It is better than risking spreading COVID about & it's better for another reason. We cannot live normal lives. We keep going in & out of lockdowns to protect people. If these vaccines work it will mean we don't need as many lockdowns. People can have more freedom so they'll be happier. Businesses that don't operate online won't lose as much money. Some time in the future we might not have to wear masks so people who have breathing difficulties when wearing masks so they've been limiting the amount of time they've been going out to limit the amount of time they needed to wear masks will be able to go out more often without having breathing difficulties. (I don't mind giving others more personal space but would love to be able to stop wearing masks as they cause me breathing difficulties.) At some time in future we might not need to give others as much personal space.

Reactions: Moxie

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I haven’t detected a pattern either among my friends and family. It does seem to be completely random, including which version of the vaccine.

Reactions: Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Almost 1.5 years since covid came along and still no vaccine and that's how it will stay for me. Feel great. Install some app and try and do min 10,000 steps per day or more, eat well, sleep well, take good vitamins. Unless you're old, frail or have some serious health condition that's all you need in my opinion as covid will not kill you but don't take my word for it as the official stats back that up 100%

Currently as I type this it says "15,412,691 (99.4%) in Mild Condition" so I'll take my chances on a "deadly" virus with a 99.7% survival rate personally and am not buying into the mass media scaremongering.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

78% of those hospitalized were either overweight or obese according to this study.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/cov...le-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

Don't live in fear like your governments are currently forcing you to with all the doom and gloom over mostly very old or already sick people dying and get on with your lives. WAY more people die of much more deadly conditions. Young or middle aged healthy people are more than twice as likely to get struck by lightning than die of covid. Once again, live your lives and try and cheer yourselves up from this pathetic doom and gloom forced upon us by the media. The French Open and Wimbledon aren't far away.

Last edited:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Almost 1.5 years since covid came along and still no vaccine and that's how it will stay for me. Feel great. Install some app and try and do min 10,000 steps per day or more, eat well, sleep well, take good vitamins. Unless you're old, frail or have some serious health condition that's all you need in my opinion as covid will not kill you but don't take my word for it as the official stats back that up 100%

Currently as I type this it says "15,412,691 (99.4%) in Mild Condition" so I'll take my chances on a "deadly" virus with a 99.7% survival rate personally and am not buying into the mass media scaremongering.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

78% of those hospitalized were either overweight or obese according to this study.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/cov...le-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

Don't live in fear like your governments are currently forcing you to with all the doom and gloom over mostly very old or already sick people dying and get on with your lives. WAY more people die of much more deadly conditions. Young or middle aged healthy people are more than twice as likely to get struck by lightning than die of covid. Once again, live your lives and try and cheer yourselves up from this pathetic doom and gloom forced upon us by the media. The French Open and Wimbledon aren't far away.
Fallacy is the reasoning that the vaccination is only for our own personal survival.

The problem isn’t only that you can die from the COVID but in more likelihood that you can infect someone who is vulnerable to complications. Both my mother and my in-laws are in their 90’s ,still in relatively good health. Should I be careless around them because there is a 99.7 % chance I will survive? I doubt if that is their percentage of survival if they get it from me or anyone else.

Second hand smoke is dangerous to those not smoking who are impacted by it, don't see how the concept of public health is alien to some.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fallacy is the reasoning that the vaccination is only for our own personal survival.

The problem isn’t only that you can die from the COVID but in more likelihood that you can infect someone who is vulnerable to complications. Both my mother and my in-laws are in their 90’s ,still in relatively good health. Should I be careless around them because there is a 99.7 % chance I will survive? I doubt if that is their percentage of survival if they get it from me or anyone else.

Second hand smoke is dangerous to those not smoking who are impacted by it, don't see how the concept of public health is alien to some.
No offense but completely inaccurate as you can still both catch and transmit covid even after you've been "vaccinated" as these are not proper vaccines thereby making a person who is vaccinated no different than unvaccinated except that if you're old or have underlying health issues then the vaccine will protect you from severe illness or death. Please research it as this is everywhere online. This has nothing to do with my perceived lack of the concept of public health but your lack of research on covid vaccines...

In addition, 6 people were hospitalized in Bolton, UK with the so called Indian variant recently after their amazing "vaccines". Matt Hancock who is a wanker (as his name would imply also) tried to pass it off that one was frail as if it didn't matter 'cos he's a prick but, fact is, the frail and vulnerable are the very ones these vaccines are meant to protect so he needs to cop the fuck on with what he says publicly and they need to make proper vaccines.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/six-people-hospitalised-indian-covid-20608009

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-57084572

Another example which illustrates you can still get covid even after vaccination but he didn't die even though he had an underlying condition so the vaccine saved him which is good news. You can also still pass covid to other people after vaccination. I don't have any underlying condition so I've no desire to take any vaccine as I stated earlier but just posting this to show you can still catch covid after vaccination but you probably won't die even with an underlying condition which is good. The chances of a young or middle aged person with no underlying condition dying are practically zero. I've taken plenty of vaccines as I mentioned previously a few weeks back, hep a and b and whatever my parents got for me when I was young so I'm not an anti-vaxxer and that term also annoys me because many of the people against covid vaccines are not either, they are simply against the rushed covid vaccines. You can't possibly know the long term side effects for something released only a few months ago and that's a fact but people still talk you down as if you're a mad person which is beyond ridiculous. Taking an active interest in your own health and going against the majority is frowned upon by many in this sad society we live in. Just remember this: millions/billions of people may like Justin Bieber but that doesn't mean he's not crap! ie, the majority are not always right.

All vaccines I've taken were properly researched for years and years for long term side effects unlike these rushed emergency approval only vaccines and I never felt crap after any. Not everyone feels bad after covid vaccines but many do so something is not right there with so many adverse reactions which aren't usually so commonplace with other vaccines. With these though, there's a massive list of side effects, including blood clots and death which is nice. This is another reason I'm not taking a covid vaccine but the main reason is because I don't need it and my own body's immune system is more than enough. I've had 2 sick days in work in 20 years, one wasn't for illness but a sore back caused by a crap chair in the office so I don't need any vaccine for this. I've never taken the flu vaccine and I've never had the flu either.

Three weeks after he had been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, a science journalist in Delhi developed high fever, a sore throat and a general feeling of discomfort.

On 22 April, Pallava Bagla tested positive for the coronavirus. Four days later, a chest scan showed his clear lungs turning white, a sign of infection.
As the fever persisted, he was admitted to hospital - eight days after his first symptoms.
At the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, doctors put Mr Bagla, 58, through blood tests and administered steroids. As he had an underlying condition - diabetes - his blood sugar soared. Luckily, his oxygen levels never fell perilously low.
Before he left the hospital after eight days, doctors showed him a scan of the lungs of an unvaccinated, diabetic, male Covid-19 patient of his age, and compared it to his scan.
"The difference was clear. The doctors told me that if I had not taken the vaccine I would have probably landed up on the ventilator in critical care. Timely and full vaccination saved my life," Mr Bagla says.

Although India has fully vaccinated a paltry 3% of its 1.3 billion people, breakthrough cases - people contracting the infections two weeks after being fully vaccinated - appear to be rising.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No I didn't see the crowd,maybe they will enforce people wearing masks?
I was in Vegas last week. I would say about 60 percent of the people were not wearing masks. Vegas is governors by the "honor's" system..if you have been fully vaccinated,no mask requirements. I wonder if MGS required a vaccine vaccination shot record for entry.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was in Vegas last week. I would say about 60 percent of the people were not wearing masks. Vegas is governors by the "honor's" system..if you have been fully vaccinated,no mask requirements. I wonder if MGS required a vaccine vaccination shot record for entry.
I do not know about the vaccination shot for entry.People here in Sydney still wear masks especially on public transport,regardless if they have been vaccinated.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I do not know about the vaccination shot for entry.People here in Sydney still wear masks especially on public transport,regardless if they have been vaccinated.
Yup, given how you can still catch and transit covid even after vaccination, I'm surprised by that. Most countries have masks mandatory indoors still regardless of vaccination status and I don't see that ending anytime soon either. Are people supposed to dress all in red if they're not vaccinated and green if they are and wear no masks ? Human traffic lights? Class. I should patent that idea. (c) Front242.