Cover songs

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I was going to answer to a Broken's post on the Music Box thread but I realized that cover songs is a good enough subject for its own thread. So:

I like the Metallica version a little more.

hmmm... As a die-hard old metal fan, in general I would like metal covers of good songs, but... this cover kills the atmosphere of the original, as it is common with many Metallica's covers. As far as their covers go, this is the one I like the most (or dislike the less). They pick extremely well the songs they do (or we happen to have a very similar taste), but I usually don't like the result. Their greatest character assassination IMO is Thin Lizzy's Whiskey in the Jar (no, I won't post a link of the cover).

Within the metal covers, one of my favorites:

Judas Priest cover of Joan Baez Diamonds and Rust

Following the chain, Joan Baez Cover of Leonard Cohen Famous Blue Raincoat

(and this is one I like the cover WAY more than the original).

Reactions: Nekro
N

Nekro

Dalriada's cover of this Moby Dick (80s thrash band) song is great:

N

Nekro

cover of Slayer's Fight 'til Death from the Show No Mercy album by the Norwegian blackened thrash band Aura Noir

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Be "A" the set containing all people who listen to black and brutal metal, and "B" the set containing all people who listen to "Newton family", find the intersection C of both sets.

Answer: The set C contains one and only one element: @Nekro.

N

Nekro

Be "A" the set containing all people who listen to black and brutal metal, and "B" the set containing all people who listen to "Newton family", find the intersection C of both sets.

Answer: The set C contains one and only one element: @Nekro.
Hahaha :lulz1::laugh: When i got home today i learnt some of the riffs of a black metal song "Key to the Gate" by Burzum, then i watched some of Varg's guitar playing vids, it's very funny how he's apologizing nonstop about his messups (i'll post some in the normal music section, they are tons of fun) then in the evening i went back to Newton Family, i've been psycho about them for days, i'm having so much fun watching the clips, concerts, comparing lyrics of diff lang versions, etc :D

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions

A very cool rock version of this song, in my opinion.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
White Lion's version of Golden Earring's "Radar Love". I love it!

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Britny Fox's version of Nazareth's "Hair Of The Dog". I like it. I think it rocks!

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Michael Angelo and Dokken are 80s icons :cheerleader:

Michael Angelo's guitar DVDs are not only useful but also great entertainment :dance3: He's a cool person..... His movie appearances are also great :D

I don't play guitar, but I love listening to/watching "shredders" like Michael Angelo. Very entertaining. Dokken was my first favorite band. George Lynch came up with some damn cool riffs and solos. The "Tooth And Nail" album kicked ass. Don't Close Your Eyes is one of my favorite Dokken songs. The "In my Dreams" riff and solo kick ass! "Back For The Attack" is my favorite Dokken album. Great riffs and solos...the "Night By Night" solos and the "Sleepless Night" riff and solos in particular.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Tribute/cover of Rush's "Working Man" and "By-Tor and the Snow Dog". Pretty cool drum solo.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Electric guitar rendition of Paganini's 24th Caprice...

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Cover of ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man". The drummer is funny as hell!...