Songs which have the same titles!

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We know that there are a number of occasions where two songs (sometime more) would have the same title.. Just for fun, here's a place to post songs by singers, groups, instrumentalists that have the same songtitle at one time or another.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Beatles and Jim Diamond each had a record called "I Should Have Known Better" in 1964 and 1984 respectively.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hard Headed Woman - Cat Stevens and 'The King' Elvis Presley each had a single out. The Elvis one especially is notable, about the closest he came to Jazz music.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not going to attach videos, but there are 3 pretty famous songs called "Gloria." Van Morrison wrote the best one, also covered by the Doors, Patti Smith, and Jon Lee Hooker. Then there's the Laura Brantigan one featured in "Flashdance." And U2 also has a a song by that name.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not going to attach videos, but there are 3 pretty famous songs called "Gloria." Van Morrison wrote the best one, also covered by the Doors, Patti Smith, and Jon Lee Hooker. Then there's the Laura Brantigan one featured in "Flashdance." And U2 also has a a song by that name.
Good one MOX. Yes that was back when he was lead singer of THEM. And Branigan's song was english version derived from some italian disco record. I also named my golden late-labrador after this record. She had a good long life of 14 years.

Reactions: Moxie

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Marty Robbins (country) and Cliff Richard (70's era disco) both had "Devil Woman" songtitle.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lindsey Buckingham and Whitesnake both waxed a song called 'Trouble'. The Buckingham record was from 1981, 40 years ago!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now I think you're stretching the point. :)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Knowing how much of an Elvis fan Vince is, I'm amazed he didn't mention the Elvis version of trouble. :0)
That's because i want to see a variety of artists and era's. How are you Horsa?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How about 'Witchcraft' , certainly you get a good contrasting of music styles and era.

and of course this one:

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
That's because i want to see a variety of artists and era's. How are you Horsa?
What about Sweet Caroline by both Status Quo & Neil Diamond?

I'm fine, thank you very much for asking, Vince. How are you?

I'm a lot less stressed than I was because my Manager emailed me 3 weeks ago with a new task which means I have to take time out from my last task which I'd almost finished & do a new 1 as this 1 will have a day set for it all being well if it goes ahead, virus & restriction permitting. She set me the task of planning & preparing to be a Vera Lynn tribute act for an event. I've finished all the extra research, planning songs to sing & writing words down. Now I just get to listen to the music & sing along until I get everything perfect. It's great to have a break from all that research & report-writing. I haven't quite got the variety I'm used to at work but all that singing cheers me up & makes me happy.

Horsa

Reactions
How about 'Witchcraft' , certainly you get a good contrasting of music styles and era.

and of course this one:

You've avoided Elvis there too when you could easily have mentioned him being the big Elvis fan you are.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You've avoided Elvis there too when you could easily have mentioned him being the big Elvis fan you are.
That's cause i was going to save the best for last ! Elvis and The Beatles each recorded four same song titles.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll post "Tell Me Why" - Elvis for his "Loving You" album, The Beatles , it was included in their "A Hard Day's Night" movie and soundtrack.

Horsa

Reactions
That's cause i was going to save the best for last ! Elvis and The Beatles each recorded four same song titles.
Ha! You didn't want to bombard us with Elvis as you didn't want us to get fed up with Elvis.

I disagree that they're the best ones. I prefer a couple of the early ones. Mind you, I'm not an Elvis fan. I like "Always on my mind" but prefer Willie Nelson's version, I like "Old Shep" & I like "In the ghetto". That's it. (If you want to convert me into an Elvis fan, you've got your work cut out for you. Big time!)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ha! You didn't want to bombard us with Elvis as you didn't want us to get fed up with Elvis.

I disagree that they're the best ones. I prefer a couple of the early ones. Mind you, I'm not an Elvis fan. I like "Always on my mind" but prefer Willie Nelson's version, I like "Old Shep" & I like "In the ghetto". That's it. (If you want to convert me into an Elvis fan, you've got your work cut out for you. Big time!)
Haha well you certainly been giving a very good impression of someone who is a fan of EP. You know his "Witchcraft" song which has only ever been a B-side to his 1963 single "Bossa Nova Baby". The song never even made it on his albums , other than compilations.

Reactions: Horsa

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK how about "I Want You" song by Bob Dylan (who will turn 80 this month) and KISS ?