Coco Puffs - Coco Gauff Talk

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
How are you mentally strong when you collapse like that in the final.Clijsters was also like that,beat everyone but come final she folded like a cheap suit.At 28,yrs she only has 4 titles... that says it all.
See, I hate that the lasting image of her losing the final erased what she did against Kvitova, Rybakina, and Sabalenka. Let's be honest, if Jabeur had lost to Rybakina or Sabalenka instead, it would have been viewed as a good loss and no one questions her mental ability. Yes, Jabeur should have played better in the final, but I think it's unfair to hold it against her especially after completing the murders row. If you want to blame something, it should be the unbalanced draw. Like why are Jabeur, Rybakina, and Sabalenka all on the same side of the draw? Having last year's Wimbledon finals rematch in a quarterfinal, especially when the players are in form and seeded in the Top 6, is a crime against tennis.

Reactions: Jelenafan

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
See, I hate that the lasting image of her losing the final erased what she did against Kvitova, Rybakina, and Sabalenka. Let's be honest, if Jabeur had lost to Rybakina or Sabalenka instead, it would have been viewed as a good loss and no one questions her mental ability. Yes, Jabeur should have played better in the final, but I think it's unfair to hold it against her especially after completing the murders row. If you want to blame something, it should be the unbalanced draw. Like why are Jabeur, Rybakina, and Sabalenka all on the same side of the draw? Having last year's Wimbledon finals rematch in a quarterfinal, especially when the players are in form and seeded in the Top 6, is a crime against tennis.
Well..talk is cheap from Ons,and last year she said the same thing after a loss,something like I will be back and all that jazz.Its the same scenario..hire a mental coach or fire her coach who is not motivating her enough to win.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco Gauff has recently hired Brad Gilbert to her coaching team,, Coco hired Pere Riba earlier this Summer.
Brad has been seen at practice with Coco at the Citi DC tournament in Washington., this week

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco Gauff has recently hired Brad Gilbert to her coaching team,, Coco hired Pere Riba earlier this Summer.
Brad has been seen at practice with Coco at the Citi DC tournament in Washington., this week
Brad will fix Coco's footwork and FH..even if he has to show her videos of Andre before he became a fatty

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Brad will fix Coco's footwork and FH..even if he has to show her videos of Andre before he became a fatty
Agree with Brad helping with the FH and footwork, well done to Coco for hiring Brad.leave Andre alone lol! actually I saw a picture of Gil Reyes the other day at his gym with Darren Cahill, gosh he hasnt changed, expect his hair is greyer lol!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Agree with Brad helping with the FH and footwork, well done to Coco for hiring Brad.leave Andre alone lol! actually I saw a picture of Gil Reyes the other day at his gym with Darren Cahill, gosh he hasnt changed, expect his hair is greyer lol!
LOL. Gil is the Hulk. No tennis player he trains will ever resemble him. :nono:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL. Gil is the Hulk. No tennis player he trains will ever resemble him. :nono:

Gil is a very good trainer, look what he did for Agassi when he was down and out, when his rankings went down the drain

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco needs a good draw at the US Open but her new found confidence will make her a serious threat..I think she will have to face at least 2 of the big three plus Ons and tattoo woman.. There's gonna be a lot of dangerous ex champs like Vika, Sloane and almost champ Maddy..my LORD can you imagine what next year AO is going to be like with Osaka and Kerber back..Coco needs to win her big on NOW!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco needs a good draw at the US Open but her new found confidence will make her a serious threat..I think she will have to face at least 2 of the big three plus Ons and tattoo woman.. There's gonna be a lot of dangerous ex champs like Vika, Sloane and almost champ Maddy..my LORD can you imagine what next year AO is going to be like with Osaka and Kerber back..Coco needs to win her big on NOW!
Well!!!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like she now has a boyfriend,and hopefully it's not Jimmy Butler or some opportunist.She really needs to protect her energy..
She never mentioned her BF's name when I read she called him to talk before her GS final match? maybe she wants some privacy in her personal life which I dont blame her

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She never mentioned her BF's name when I read she called him to talk before her GS final match? maybe she wants some privacy in her personal life which I dont blame her
She better not talk about him because everyone is now very curious to know who it is.She is too young to focus on BF's,it's time to date and have fun like varsity age girls because if she was not playing tennis she could be at away at school.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She better not talk about him because everyone is now very curious to know who it is.She is too young to focus on BF's,it's time to date and have fun like varsity age girls because if she was not playing tennis she could be at away at school.
Well I am now curious to know who it is lol! knowing Coco who is a grounded young woman, she understands tennis is a demanding sport and you dont have much time for other things off court, in saying that players do need time off or to pursue other interests at times, you can get burnt out mentally and physically thinking and breathing tennis 24/7

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well I am now curious to know who it is lol! knowing Coco who is a grounded young woman, she understands tennis is a demanding sport and you dont have much time for other things off court, in saying that players do need time off or to pursue other interests at times, you can get burnt out mentally and physically thinking and breathing tennis 24/7
Yes..but don't want her to end up like Osaka.