Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raonic in 3

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
In the first set, Milos won 0 points on return. That is amazing.

However, he got in to almost every service game of Fed in the second set.

This shows that Milos has the return game too, once the nerves have calmed down.

N

NADAL2005RG

GameSetAndMath said:

This shows that Milos has the return game too, once the nerves have calmed down.

I agree Raonic probably would have won if he wasn't nervous.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
1972Murat said:
calitennis127 said:
Raonic is so terrible. What a disgrace that he is even in the Top 30.

Maybe a little more respect for the only guy that made all the quarters or better in every Masters 1000 this year?

That is a reflection of the state of pro tennis right now. The game is not what it was 5-10 years ago except for the Top 4.

Roddick was the big server of Federer's generation and do you ever recall him looking this unathletic?

Milos is much taller, no? It is not easy for guys like him to run a round like rabbits. He has improved somewhat in that regard but there is a ceiling there...

Delpo and Tsonga are tall but they can still move. Raonic has pigeon toes and he is a photograph of emasculation. I personally can't get past the haircut. It is unthinkable that an athlete in this day and age would sport that.

WTA side of members should see this post. They would be happy that it is not just women
who get picked based on their looks.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I agree Raonic probably would have won if he wasn't nervous.

Who are you agreeing with? This is second time in this thread alone.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
Too bad that Nalbandian didn't play in the WTA. With his WTA level serve, he MAY have been able to win a Major. :)

N

NADAL2005RG

GameSetAndMath said:
WTA side of members should see this post. They would be happy that it is not just women
who get picked based on their looks.

I wonder if females care what the world thinks of their looks.
Some care probably, but I wonder if most don't.
Its not like there is anyone out there that I value the opinion of.
So if someone criticized my looks, it wouldn't mean anything to me.
But, females might have different mindset and be obsessed with what strangers think or something.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kiu said:
1972Murat said:
Nobody beats David 16 times in a row, or ...?
Roger Federer can!
Are we opening the chat room for the finals?

You guys want a chat for it? If so, we'll open it. Please weigh in.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Moxie629 said:

Just keep the chatroom open at all times thanks.

We only open it for special matches. Is it your vote that we open it tomorrow?

N

NADAL2005RG

Moxie629 said:
NADAL2005RG said:
Moxie629 said:

Just keep the chatroom open at all times thanks.

We only open it for special matches. Is it your vote that we open it tomorrow?

Yes thanks open it for all the special matches.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
Too bad that Nalbandian didn't play in the WTA. With his WTA level serve, he MAY have been able to win a Major. :)

Don't forget the hair cut.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
mrzz said:
I. Haychew said:

Don't forget the hair cut.

...and the "bro"ssiere!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very poor serving by Milos with first serve % worst this year and generally a very disappointing match by him. Roger was having a great time out there:s

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
LOL, I missed some Cali gems there.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
That was some lesson by Mr. Federer. It was an all around bad day for Raonic though, it happens.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
calitennis127 said:
Moxie629 said:
Raonic has learned a bit of net game, to be fair.

The bigger issue is how the hell is this guy a Top 10 player? It shows how much the game has declined in recent years.

He's got a big serve, he's tall and consistent. Like Isner, who has also been top 10. They win matches. In what way would you describe this as a "decline?" I'm just curious, sincerely. Big man tennis has been coming for quite some time.

EDIT: Reading the above…I have to agree about the hairstyle. LOL.

Moxie, do you really want to tell me that the likes of Roddick, Davydenko, Grosjean, Moya, Fernando Gonzalez, Ljubicic, Hewitt, Ferrer, Gasquet, Berdych, Haas, etc. were not a clear cut above Raonic as a tennis player? All of those guys may have been dominated by Federer overall but at least they could somewhat test him and push him from the baseline.

Federer hits a chip backhand down the line and Raonic spanks it into the bottom half of the net with his feet tied up. Federer hits an inside-out forehand and Raonic's backhand, yet again, manages to find the bottom half of the net.

In Raonic's defense, he did hit a couple decent shots in the second set off the forehand side, but there is no way this guy would have been a Top 15 player 7 years ago.

N

NADAL2005RG

Billie said:
That was some lesson by Mr. Federer. It was an all around bad day for Raonic though, it happens.

Certainly happens to Raonic when he plays Naderer.

Thumped 6-2 6-2 in the 2013 Montreal Final vs Nadal.

The good news for Raonic is that only Nadal (5-0, and Raonic has won 1 set) and
Federer (5-0, and Raonic has won 3 sets) really thrash him.

Raonic has beaten Murray THREE times (from FOUR meetings), and lost a tight one to Djokovic at 2014 Rome 6-7(5), 7-6(4), 6-3.

N

NADAL2005RG

calitennis127 said:
Moxie, do you really want to tell me that the likes of Roddick, Davydenko, Grosjean, Moya, Fernando Gonzalez, Ljubicic, Hewitt, Ferrer, Gasquet, Berdych, Haas, etc. were not a clear cut above Raonic as a tennis player? All of those guys may have been dominated by Federer overall but at least they could somewhat test him and push him from the baseline.

Federer hits a chip backhand down the line and Raonic spanks it into the bottom half of the net with his feet tied up. Federer hits an inside-out forehand and Raonic's backhand, yet again, manages to find the bottom half of the net.

In Raonic's defense, he did hit a couple decent shots in the second set off the forehand side, but there is no way this guy would have been a Top 15 player 7 years ago.

And going back to the 90s, I'd also I'd put Rusedski above Raonic.
Rusedski's serve was just as good, and he moved better, volleyed better, groundstrokes better.

rubydo

Reactions
Federer was like a composer last night, conducting a piece of exquisite music. Hardly anyone could have done much to destroy the script he was performing. Milos looks bemused, especially in the first set. As for he not being in the top 15, 7 years ago, that is all theory, but even from a "north of the border" look he really needs to sharpen up many elements of his game before he can crack a win against Roger. Do remember he is still learning and let's give him credit for what he has achieved to date.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^I wouldn't go that far. Radon ice was awful. Fed didn't have to do much. Still.. I'm happy!