Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raonic in 3

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Milos has a really good serving night, he could get a set in a TB, but I think Roger will get him and most likely in straights. This tournament has opened up for him, and I don't see him missing such an opportunity.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
With 2 guys left in the tournament that have never beaten him if Roger doesn´t win this his year has hit a new low. He´d then be 0-5 in big finals this year and not winning with no Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, Tsonga or Berdych would be a real kick in the stones. Won´t be able to watch it but he better win this and then mop the floor with Ferrer.

N

NADAL2005RG

Both guys are solid if not spectacular at tennis, so should be a decent quality, albeit mostly about serving.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the :mad: match and so the dynamics will be interesting, hopefully.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I tuned into skysports and it wasn't on..thought id missed it ?..when is it ?..it it raining ?

Iwent on official website..and because its past midnight here, the order of play only showed up for sunday,:s soooo I checked the results but they only went up to Friday, :huh: and the only info on todays matches and which court, just showed the scores of a doubles match..:s

so unless I missed something :idea: i.m caught up in a weird tennis shaped twilight zone episode where todays order of play (cincy local time is Saturday) no longer exists. according to my early sunday morning viewing of the tourney website..:ras::emperor:

whatever..it is clear the oop has changed as feds been at at midnight here and its either after that doubles match or sharapova sf match.

N

NADAL2005RG

^ No rain that I know of.
This match was scheduled for 9pm Cincy time, so its not due to start yet.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
NADAL2005RG said:
Both guys are solid if not spectacular at tennis, so should be a decent quality, albeit mostly about serving.

Federer solid but not spectacular.... do you watch tennis? I think it's probably the other way around at this point in time mate. Please don't let prejudices blind you.. :laydownlaughing

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
finally some relevant info on the atp site..

fedster vs milos not before 9pm local time.

N

NADAL2005RG

federberg said:
NADAL2005RG said:

Federer solid but not spectacular.... do you watch tennis? I think it's probably the other way around at this point in time mate. Please don't let prejudices blind you.. :laydownlaughing

Like I said, both guys are solid if not spectacular.
Or have you found them both to be in spectacular form this week?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
With 2 guys left in the tournament that have never beaten him if Roger doesn´t win this his year has hit a new low. He´d then be 0-5 in big finals this year and not winning with no Djokovic, Murray, Nadal, Tsonga or Berdych would be a real kick in the stones. Won´t be able to watch it but he better win this and then mop the floor with Ferrer.

I have to say I agree with this. The only let-off would be if Raonic has a spectacular serving night and wins two TBs. The set-up is a gift for Roger, and a chance to turn around a drought at this level, to go into the USO on a high. I would be completely shocked if Roger doesn't take advantage.

N

NADAL2005RG

Moxie629 said:
I have to say I agree with this. The only let-off would be if Raonic has a spectacular serving night and wins two TBs. The set-up is a gift for Roger, and a chance to turn around a drought at this level, to go into the USO on a high. I would be completely shocked if Roger doesn't take advantage.

Very crucial that Federer gets this title, for me because finally I can get to see a Naderer clash at the US Open if Nadal plays and if Federer has the confidence to move through the draw. Imagine the media hype if they clash. America is starving for it :heart:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ We're running out of chances to see them play at the Open, too. Fingers crossed!

N

NADAL2005RG

^ Unbelievable last year when Robredo prevented the Naderer clash. It didn't make sense, and felt like a tank. But of course, Robredo is the real deal as we continue to see.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
finally some relevant info on the atp site..

fedster vs milos not before 9pm local time.

The ladies are playing a third set, so we wait some more.
All should come over to WTA forum for now, good match going on.
:)
2 Pretty ladies too!
:plot

N

NADAL2005RG

sharapova's scowling face is ghastly and unwatchable.
After all these years, Kournikova's face still looks younger than Sharapova's face, despite Kournikova being 6 years older!
I know the WTA is a tennis tour.....but it desperately needs a Kournikova.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Even earlier today, the commentators said the winner of the first semi would have an advantage. The men's SF could easily go to 12:30-1am. Final is at 4pm tomorrow. Not a lot of recovery if tonight's is a tough match.

N

NADAL2005RG

Federer leads 1-0 in the 1st set, but Raonic has a 30 point lead in the 2nd game.