Cincinnati 2021, Ohio, US - WTA 1000

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In the battle of the last two GS champions Barty d Krejcikova 62 64 to reach the s/finals
Ash is 14-1 against Top 20 opponents so far this year

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Petra needed to take a MTO leading 3-1 2nd set,suffering from feeling dizzy,hard to breathe,these hot humid conditions have never suited Petra who suffers with asthma.
Angie won the 1st set 64
I feel that Petra will retire she looks dreadful
Petra has done the right thing and retired in this match......she tried bad luck Petra,these conditions did not help your cause

Kerber wins by retirement 64 3-3.

Barty will play Kerber in the s/finals

Note....Petra said in her press conference she had also been battling a 'stomach issue' for a few days' apart from the 'breathing issues" in today's match

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Petra needed to take a MTO leading 3-1 2nd set,suffering from feeling dizzy,hard to breathe,these hot humid conditions have never suited Petra who suffers with asthma.
Angie won the 1st set 64
I feel that Petra will retire she looks dreadful
Petra has done the right thing and retired in this match......she tried bad luck Petra,these conditions did not help your cause

I have asthma too, and can attest to humidity being a potentially severe aggravator. I’ve had to go to the hospital on humid days because my asthma got so bad. I have nothing but sympathy for Petra.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
W/Card Jill Teichmann backed up her good win over Naomi Osaka,with a 63 62 win over her fellow countrywomen Bencic 63 62 to reach the s/finals.
Jill will play the winner of the mach between Pliskova and Badosa in the s/final.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Badosa trying to give away this first set for no reason, when she had it in the bag.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, and now she's fighting to stay in. She served 3 DFs in one game at 4-2 or something like that. Plishkova has been there for the picking.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
She looks cooked, Badosa, on her serving arm. I think this match is over. Too bad. It looked like Badosa had a good chance, early on, and Plishkova is nothing more than adequate, if you ask me.

TBH, this is a terrible match. I'm out.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She looks cooked, Badosa, on her serving arm. I think this match is over. Too bad. It looked like Badosa had a good chance, early on, and Plishkova is nothing more than adequate, if you ask me.

TBH, this is a terrible match. I'm out.
Paula retires sad,hopefully she will be okay for the USO

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Karolina Pliskova wins by retirement over Paula Badosa 75 2-0
Pliskova will play Teichmann in the s/final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash Barty is into her sixth final of 2021 with a 62 75 win over Angie Kerber.

BTW I just found put from Andy Murray he asked Ash to play mixed doubles with him at Wimbledon this year,she turned him down lol!....maybe next year Andy.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wild Card Jill Teichmann defeats Karolina Pliskova (5) to take her place in her first WTA1000 final,Jill defeated some Top seeds along the way,Osaka,Bencic and Pliskova....Well done!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Who is this person mowing down everyone in her way? Amazing effort; esp. against Osaka who was in control of their match the other day! :dance2:
Jill who is Swiss has played a great tournament,she and Ash have a lot of similar tennis skills,should be a interesting final

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OMG, I heard Sam Stosur name! I thought she was dead and buried! Now she's going back to her doubles roots and in the final tonight! :astonished-face:
I have said many years ago for Sam to quit singles and concentrate on doubles,she is a excellent doubles player winning GS titles in doubles and mix GS titles.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I have said many years ago for Sam to quit singles and concentrate on doubles,she is a excellent doubles player winning GS titles in doubles and mix GS titles.

Winning that USO a decade ago over Serena gave her confidence and delusions of grandeur when it came to her singles play! Unfortunately for her, she was just the 1st of a few nobodies to take out Williams who was so favored to win in those major finals! :ptennis: :partying-face: :dance2:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Winning that USO a decade ago over Serena gave her confidence and delusions of grandeur when it came to her singles play! Unfortunately for her, she was just the 1st of a few nobodies to take out Williams who was so favored to win in those major finals! :ptennis: :partying-face: :dance2:
I am still to this day in ' a complete stupor' how Sam won :) it was the only time she actually had a decent bhand ,I always thought if she was to win a GS title in singles it would be on clay,dont remind me how she choked in the final against Fran at RG final,who deserved her win.