Cincinnati 2013: Western & Southern Open

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Vika and Maggie started, Vika is behind an early break but looking to break...she just broke.

Maggie leads 2-1, Vika to serve.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There are a lot of great match ups today on both the women's and men's side. I don't think Serena and Mona have ever played one another, yet another first time match up for Serena this tournament.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Vika is hammering Magdalena, now up 4-2 in the second set, just broke Maggie at love.

And soon as I said this^ Maggie gets two break chances! Blows them both, back to deuce. Gets a 3rd chance and converts.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Vika got a shaky finish but she finished, into the quarters she goes.

Vinci beat Sara, her doubles partner, as someone said before, Roberta is no longer Sara's sidekick, that relationship just changed!

JJ dragged Sloane into a third set,should be interesting 3rd set.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Does Sloane ever have routine victories so to speak? All I ever see her in are these 3 set battles. I suppose that is why she hasn't really contended for a title at the moment.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Does Sloane ever have routine victories so to speak? All I ever see her in are these 3 set battles. I suppose that is why she hasn't really contended for a title at the moment.

5-5 in the decider. JJ just broke, JJ leading 6-5, she will serve for it.
Hicccuuupppp, coming up?

Angie and Li
Aggie and Elena

3 matches. Yay!!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
this is how JJ and Sloane roll.. They consistently always take the "long" way home.. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes into a TBr.. Sloane has got to fixed her backhand.. it is a huge deficit for her

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yessss - Caroline did it 36 62 63 - back on track :) Time for 2 Carlsbergs - hope i won't get a problem ;) Nice smile from Kvitova:

BRv3y_WCEAAUAjT.jpg

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline 22m

Particularly impressed by Wozniacki's aggression and willingness to come into net. Payed off big time and had a good night volleying.

SA ‏@sambria 30m

hey @WTA @Kfish_WTA @CincyTennis thanks for not doing anything so us fans could see that match between wozniacki and kvitova. appreciate it.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stosur is having problems with Halep - interesting day.

Seems like Aga has left the building and went home to Poland.

WTA ‏@WTA 3m

Aga Radwanska has withdrawn from tomorrow's @CincyTennis QF vs Li Na for personal reasons. Li Na will receive a walkover into SFs. #WTA

WTA ‏@WTA 23s

“I’m very sorry to withdraw. Unfortunately, my granddad passed away. Funeral is going to be Saturday & I need to be there" -Aga Radwanska

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
hoergren said:
Stosur is having problems with Halep - interesting day.
Halep is having a great season and is very efficient,she makes very few errors and very good bh.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
britbox said:
hoergren - 2 Carlsbergs today... How many if Caro wins the tourney?

Must be a six pack and staying home from work:p

tented

Administrator
Reactions
hoergren said:
Yessss - Caroline did it 36 62 63 - back on track :) Time for 2 Carlsbergs - hope i won't get a problem ;)

I wasn't able to see it, but I'm glad Caroline won.

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
tented said:

Well only people attending the tournament or journalists in the press room were able to see it. You know cameras on 8 courts and NO streams and for some unknown reason ONLY 2 womens games are shown each day. But as this appears in USA it must have something to do with money - well shame on WTA that they allow this sexism.:nono

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
hoergren said:
tented said:

Well only people attending the tournament or journalists in the press room were able to see it. You know cameras on 8 courts and NO streams and for some unknown reason ONLY 2 womens games are shown each day. But as this appears in USA it must have something to do with money - well shame on WTA that they allow this sexism.:nono

You didn't get the memo on the WTA's revolutionary new strategy

for promoting the tour by not letting anyone see it.

Since Stacy took over the coverage has been getting less and less.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena's serve is so weird at the moment. She has been losing her serve at love a lot more than I am used to seeing recently. Losing her serve at love when serving for the set hmmmm...