CANADIAN MASTERS 2013 MONTREAL 2-11 August

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I dunno why you're still arguing this one, buddy. You can't tell the difference between a "fake timeout" and a real one, you're just attributing motives to him, despite the fact that he's taken a timeout that scuppered his chances in a Wimbledon final. Why don't you just put "IMHO" after your allegations and leave it at that? ;)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I dunno why you're still arguing this one, buddy. You can't tell the difference between a "fake timeout" and a real one, you're just attributing motives to him, despite the fact that he's taken a timeout that scuppered his chances in a Wimbledon final. Why don't you just put "IMHO" after your allegations and leave it at that? ;)

A roundabout way of not answering my last question. And my opinion is anything but humble good sir :p Enjoy your Saturday!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Kieran said:

A roundabout way of not answering my last question. And my opinion is anything but humble good sir :p Enjoy your Saturday!

If you had presented something resembling proof, I'd have dealt with it. All you're giving is the usual Fedfan excuses about poor old Mighty Rafa... ;)

EDIT: Thank you, and enjoy your Saturday too! :D

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Clay Death said:
I just want this guy to get out of montreal with no injuries.
I don't give a damn if he wins or loses tomorrow.
my only concern is the knee. last time he had to sit out for 7 months. the knee issues also cost him heavily in 2009. he could not get himself to get off the bloody hard courts.
next time it could be a whole year that he has to sit out and that will end his career.
I could care less about another masters level hard court title for nadal.

if he has any sense at all--and it doesn't look like he does--he would minimize match play and practice on the hard courts.

that is the only way to make sure the knee doesn't explode and the only way to make sure he continues to be a factor on the natural surfaces.
his obsession with hard courts has to end one way or another. I have a feeling that the only way its going to end is with the knee sustaining further damage. that is the pattern.

What is the point of practicing on the HCs if not playing on them? I would say, if anything, minimizing practice and maximizing efficiency in match play would be the way forward. So far, so good, btw.

I am starting to feel like I am defending Rafa like I was his fan CD?!

You gotta end this defeatest attitude. Be the General that Kieran and Moxie need, haha! Hard courts are too much of the season. If all your fears are really right and rafa can only play on clay and grass, why not retire now? If he can't compete on hards, he has to scrap almost 2/3's of the season. Rafa has played quite well on hard courts for the last 2 seasons! 1 masters title and 1 EPIC gs final!

It also takes the fun out of rooting against Rafa if his fans are doing it for you!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
It also takes the fun out of rooting against Rafa if his fans are doing it for you!

:snigger It does, doesn't it!

The fact is, he's not playing Cinci. So he's tailoring his events to see what works best for him - and he's competing ably and aggressively in Montreal. Do my eyes deceive me, or is Rafa standing in closer to the baseline, especially on return? And isn't he serving quite well, too?

I don't say he's a shoo-in, but the guy is working things out - and that's always been a good sign. Personally, he's up against it tonight, but that's grand. That's what competition is about. But he's certainly not a lame duck...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Riotbeard said:

Unfortunately for some Djokovic fans, you've entered a relatively schadenfreude-free era with Rafa fans. If we Rafa fans have learned anything over the past couple of years, it's to have relatively low expectations whenever he steps on a non-clay court -- especially a hard court. No one was more surprised he won Indian Wells than many of his fans. Even in the draw challenge I remember picking Djokovic -- an unprecedented choice.

He's lost far too many hard court matches to Djokovic to have realistic expectations of a win. As disheartening as it may be for some Novak fans, you're not going to make me feel bad about this.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
congrats to those who predicted a clay warrior win today.

I predicted that nadal would lose 6-2, 6-3.

so much for that prediction.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Riotbeard said:
Moxie629 said:
Clay Death said:
I just want this guy to get out of montreal with no injuries.
I don't give a damn if he wins or loses tomorrow.
my only concern is the knee. last time he had to sit out for 7 months. the knee issues also cost him heavily in 2009. he could not get himself to get off the bloody hard courts.
next time it could be a whole year that he has to sit out and that will end his career.
I could care less about another masters level hard court title for nadal.

if he has any sense at all--and it doesn't look like he does--he would minimize match play and practice on the hard courts.

that is the only way to make sure the knee doesn't explode and the only way to make sure he continues to be a factor on the natural surfaces.
his obsession with hard courts has to end one way or another. I have a feeling that the only way its going to end is with the knee sustaining further damage. that is the pattern.

What is the point of practicing on the HCs if not playing on them? I would say, if anything, minimizing practice and maximizing efficiency in match play would be the way forward. So far, so good, btw.

I am starting to feel like I am defending Rafa like I was his fan CD?!

You gotta end this defeatest attitude. Be the General that Kieran and Moxie need, haha! Hard courts are too much of the season. If all your fears are really right and rafa can only play on clay and grass, why not retire now? If he can't compete on hards, he has to scrap almost 2/3's of the season. Rafa has played quite well on hard courts for the last 2 seasons! 1 masters title and 1 EPIC gs final!

I happen to be clay warrior`s harshest critic in the world sports fans.

you defend him and I will tear him down.

keeps things in perspective and in balance.

I prefer to be objective no matter what. and that is my game.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Clay Death said:
I prefer to be objective no matter what. and that is my game.

Objectivity shoulda told ya: when Rafa plays his best, he wins. Doesn't matter about surface or opponent. He's on fire!

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
prepare the troops for war general Kieran.

you want war, you got war.

we march into flushing meadows in a few days.