CANADIAN MASTERS 2013 MONTREAL 2-11 August

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Moxie629 said:
My ESPN2 is dead, and I have no streams. Aside from the partisanship, how's it looking? Can I get an overview?

Surely some from here should work for you. Nadal's up a break 4-2 in set 2. Serving better in set 2, served poorly in set 1 but won the set easily as Matosevic had way too many UFE's, mostly on his forehand.

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html

Thanks for the update, and the link. I've really tried all of those and fromsport.com, but will keep trying.

And why shouldn't Matosevic have loads of UFEs? He's #75 and playing Nadal.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
My ESPN2 is dead, and I have no streams. Aside from the partisanship, how's it looking? Can I get an overview?

Pretty routine match for Rafa.. His movement is pretty good, backhand and fh looks good and serve is biting.. Two easy sets so far

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Doh. Shame they're not working. Not missing much anyway. Well, Istomin fared a lot better and is low ranked as well. Just sloppy play from Matosevic and he serves a love game now to hang in the match, down 4-5. He's like Dimitrov in that respect. Serves better when he's behind. Actually maybe I'm alone here but Matosevic's service motion reminds me of Bartoli's and hers is weird.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, hopefully we get a good semi tomorrow.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Moxie629 said:

Pretty routine match for Rafa.. His movement is pretty good, backhand and fh looks good and serve is biting.. Two easy sets so far

Rafa is back to being #1 ranked player again, Spain that is.. :snigger:clap

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I pick Djokovic in two tight sets tomorrow against Nadal. Let's do hope it is a competitive match and not a sloppy match.

Tomorrow will be their 36th career meeting. It will be their 17th meeting in a hardcourt (Djokovic leads 11-5 winning the last four meetings at this surface).

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't get to see a moment of it, but seems routine. Yes, big match tomorrow. The Pre-Final final. Both seem in reasonable form. Can anyone who was actually watching give me some assessments? (I missed Djokovic mostly because of work.)

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Moxie629 said:
1972Murat said:
Front242 said:
1972Murat said:
Front242 said:
I see Rafa has taken to tugging his front as well as the back of his shorts! Classy.

Hey, that's ONLY during returns...;)

True :) Nice for the handshake later though, huh? Well soiled with sweat on both sides out in that heat. Pretty damn manky.

I may have figured why Nadal has the "picking" habit. I am thinking , in normal life, he is boxers type of guy. But you cannot really play tennis with boxers, it would be like Free Willy 5 or something, very uncomfortable, so he wears the tighty whities for tennis that he is not used to, hence the picking :cool:

WAY too much thinking about Nadal's underwear. He says it's a habit...can't you guys just leave it at that? (BTW, I have no visual, so I can only comment to your goofy posts. :snigger)

Come on Moxie, you cannot just leave it at that...you have to "dig" deeper...;). Did you like my explanation or not???:cool:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
the AntiPusher said:
Moxie629 said:

That's true. He's back to #3. (He'll still get back to #1 overall, I know it! See my arguments in the Rankings thread.)

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
the AntiPusher said:
the AntiPusher said:
Moxie629 said:

That's true. He's back to #3. (He'll still get back to #1 overall, I know it! See my arguments in the Rankings thread.)

Moxie, their match tomorrow could have a huge implications in the year end number one ranking.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Moxie629 said:
1972Murat said:
Front242 said:
1972Murat said:
Hey, that's ONLY during returns...;)

True :) Nice for the handshake later though, huh? Well soiled with sweat on both sides out in that heat. Pretty damn manky.

I may have figured why Nadal has the "picking" habit. I am thinking , in normal life, he is boxers type of guy. But you cannot really play tennis with boxers, it would be like Free Willy 5 or something, very uncomfortable, so he wears the tighty whities for tennis that he is not used to, hence the picking :cool:

WAY too much thinking about Nadal's underwear. He says it's a habit...can't you guys just leave it at that? (BTW, I have no visual, so I can only comment to your goofy posts. :snigger)

Come on Moxie, you cannot just leave it at that...you have to "dig" deeper...;). Did you like my explanation or not???:cool:

No one will ever have made a funnier double-entendre as to the Rafa picking issue than nehmeth, some time back. When I mentioned digging myself into a hole in an argument, he reckoned that Rafa could always dig me out. :laydownlaughing

As to Rafa's underwear, I believe we have the answer, and I can't believe I missed this opportunity earlier. Thanks for offering it again. ;)

Armani-Rafael-Nadal.jpg

Those seem to fit ok.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:
the AntiPusher said:
the AntiPusher said:
Moxie629 said:

Moxie, their match tomorrow could have a huge implications in the year end number one ranking.

Why do you say 'huge?' Obviously, if Nole loses, he loses points. Which helps Rafa's cause. And if Rafa wins, and wins the tourney, he's within touching distance of Murray and the #2. But Nole would have to do some losing to put his #1 in jeopardy. I think at this point it's more bragging rights, wouldn't you say?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Congrats Rafa... Once again the semi will be the final.

Who you got winning encounter number 36? Rafa or Djoker.. I haven't seen Djoker play this week..

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
surely djokovic will triumph in the sf :huh:..

he 'almost' beat rafa/wafa at rg..in ideal hot n sunny conditions after 12 days of gloom and 15c 59f type weather, and on rafa's fave surface..

so surely djokvic will win on HC..its difficult to assess when they are both at with their games,

actually its going to be amazing, I have decided :p..3 tb sets possibly ??..could be.

Attachments

• win_sector.jpg
    win_sector.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 36

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:
the AntiPusher said:
the AntiPusher said:

Why do you say 'huge?' Obviously, if Nole loses, he loses points. Which helps Rafa's cause. And if Rafa wins, and wins the tourney, he's within touching distance of Murray and the #2. But Nole would have to do some losing to put his #1 in jeopardy. I think at this point it's more bragging rights, wouldn't you say?

Moxie, I said the year end number one ranking not the 52 week rankings.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
nehmeth said:

Who you got winning encounter number 36? Rafa or Djoker.. I haven't seen Djoker play this week..

I didn't see either today (obviously,) but I think you're kind of looking at a draw, in terms of where they are in terms of their games, going in. Which I suppose favors Djokovic, it being HCs. I could make the argument that Rafa has won the last 4 of 5 of their encounters, but those have been on clay. So I'll say Rafa in 3. (What did you THINK I was going to say?) I guess we must do a poll.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Sorry, I did miss the distinction. But why tomorrow, especially? And forgive me if I'm not getting the point.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:
rafanoy1992 said:
Moxie629 said:

Sorry, I did miss the distinction. But why tomorrow, especially? And forgive me if I'm not getting the point.

Part of it is because they are huge rivals. But the main reason is because it is a close race. Whoever wins the match tomorrow, could potential gain 640 points over each other at the year end race. So, in essence, it could have a huge implications to the race.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
the AntiPusher said:
nehmeth said:

I didn't see either today (obviously,) but I think you're kind of looking at a draw, in terms of where they are in terms of their games, going in. Which I suppose favors Djokovic, it being HCs. I could make the argument that Rafa has won the last 4 of 5 of their encounters, but those have been on clay. So I'll say Rafa in 3. (What did you THINK I was going to say?) I guess we must do a poll.

I agree with your assessment based on their previous encounters, I have Rafa in 3 set. It all depends how well Rafa serves and returns Djoker's serve. This match is going to be a tussle for who can be the aggressor.