CANADIAN MASTERS 2013 MONTREAL 2-11 August

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just want this guy to get out of montreal with no injuries.

I don't give a damn if he wins or loses tomorrow.

my only concern is the knee. last time he had to sit out for 7 months. the knee issues also cost him heavily in 2009. he could not get himself to get off the bloody hard courts.

next time it could be a whole year that he has to sit out and that will end his career.

I could care less about another masters level hard court title for nadal.

if he has any sense at all--and it doesn't look like he does--he would minimize match play and practice on the hard courts.

that is the only way to make sure the knee doesn't explode and the only way to make sure he continues to be a factor on the natural surfaces.

his obsession with hard courts has to end one way or another. I have a feeling that the only way its going to end is with the knee sustaining further damage. that is the pattern.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Clay Death said:
I just want this guy to get out of montreal with no injuries.
I don't give a damn if he wins or loses tomorrow.
my only concern is the knee. last time he had to sit out for 7 months. the knee issues also cost him heavily in 2009. he could not get himself to get off the bloody hard courts.
next time it could be a whole year that he has to sit out and that will end his career.
I could care less about another masters level hard court title for nadal.

if he has any sense at all--and it doesn't look like he does--he would minimize match play and practice on the hard courts.

that is the only way to make sure the knee doesn't explode and the only way to make sure he continues to be a factor on the natural surfaces.
his obsession with hard courts has to end one way or another. I have a feeling that the only way its going to end is with the knee sustaining further damage. that is the pattern.

What is the point of practicing on the HCs if not playing on them? I would say, if anything, minimizing practice and maximizing efficiency in match play would be the way forward. So far, so good, btw.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The injury is a way of life with Rafa. Every match could be his last. But playing conservatively and protecting the knee will mean he loses. He either retires - or he goes for it. I say, go for it...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic did that bleedin' dance again. The guy looks like an idiot. Is this some kind of Buddhist cleansing ritual he picked up in his posh meditation salons in Monte Carlo? Will he do it when he loses? :nono

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Djokovic did that bleedin' dance again. The guy looks like an idiot. Is this some kind of Buddhist cleansing ritual he picked up in his posh meditation salons in Monte Carlo? Will he do it when he loses? :nono

As long as he's not showing up his competitor, I'll live! Excessive pumping during a match like Rafa during a match against a scrub is a lot more offensive to me!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

As long as he's not showing up his competitor, I'll live! Excessive pumping during a match like Rafa during a match against a scrub is a lot more offensive to me!

It might be the Irish in me, but if I lost against Novak and he start dancing in a kiddies party in the centre of the ring, I think I might be tempted to ask him if he's taking the fricking p1$$.

I'll be interested to see if he's up for a boogie when he loses...

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

It might be the Irish in me, but if I lost against Novak and he start dancing in a kiddies party in the centre of the ring, I think I might be tempted to ask him if he's taking the fricking p1$$.

I'll be interested to see if he's up for a boogie when he loses...

:laydownlaughing His h4ters h4te him dancing like they h4te him doing anything else, but they don't miss following his every little step and on the top of that they bother commenting.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Mastoor said:
:laydownlaughing His h4ters h4te him dancing like they h4te him doing anything else, but they don't miss following his every little step and on the top of that they bother commenting.

Eh, I watch tennis. We all notice when something stupid happens. It's on the news. I even noticed Raonic tapping the net during a rally like No23e did (c4n't g3t th3 h4ng 0f pu77ing numb3r5 in w0rd5 l1k3 u d0)....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

In case you haven't noticed, he stopped doing that about 5 or so years ago. You need to get up to date with your complaints.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

In case you haven't noticed, he stopped doing that about 5 or so years ago. You need to get up to date with your complaints.

He did? That's news to me. With Whafa we are talking about a guy who loves to take fake timeouts when he is losing, repeatedly goes over the time limit and gets illegal coaching more than anyone else on tour. I think that's a little worse than someone entertaining the crowd after the match.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, a "fake timout" is hard to prove. I'm sure that either he admitted it, or the trainer came on court and called him on it.

Which was it?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Saying your knee is sore and getting it rubbed for 5 minutes is not going to result in the trainer accusing a player of faking it. I think you already knew that eh :)

Maybe they are just VERY well-timed timeouts and the 5 minutes rubbing of the knees resulted in him appearing as though there is nothing wrong with him. We don't want to be too sinister here with innocent old Whafa :)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Saying your knee is sore and getting it rubbed for 5 minutes is not going to result in the trainer accusing a player of faking it. I think you already knew that eh :)

Maybe they are just VERY well-timed timeouts and the 5 minutes rubbing of the knees resulted in him appearing as though there is nothing wrong with him. We don't want to be too sinister here with innocent old Whafa :)

Of course not. I mean, it's not as if his knees ever gave him trouble... ;)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
DarthFed said:

Of course not. I mean, it's not as if his knees ever gave him trouble... ;)

They just seem to give him a lot more trouble when he is losing. What a coincidence :rolleyes:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know if you recall one that helped your chap out, in Wimbledon 2007? The timing was lousy with this one, what with Wodger shrieking hysterically about Hawkeye and getting thumped in the 4th.

A long MTO here helped him regroup and recover to win the fifth. But I'm sure Rafa took that one to be cynical too... :s

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
I don't know if you recall one that helped your chap out, in Wimbledon 2007? The timing was lousy with this one, what with Wodger shrieking hysterically about Hawkeye and getting thumped in the 4th.

A long MTO here helped him regroup and recover to win the fifth. But I'm sure Rafa took that one to be cynical too... :s

That was a legit MTO when Rafa had the momentum. Again, I think you know the difference between that and taking an MTO down 5-1 at Hamburg in the 1st set, or trying to turn the momentum against a coacoa puff Petzschner to avoid another Rosol style exit.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
That was a legit MTO when Rafa had the momentum. Again, I think you know the difference between that and taking an MTO down 5-1 at Hamburg in the 1st set, or trying to turn the momentum against a coacoa puff Petzschner to avoid another Rosol style exit.

Ah okay. :s So they're legit when he's winning and they're "fake" when he's losing. And you can tell the difference. :s

By the way, there was no Rosol style exit before the Petzschner match, so he couldn't have been trying to avoid "another" one....

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
DarthFed said:

Ah okay. :s So they're legit when he's winning and they're "fake" when he's losing. And you can tell the difference. :s

By the way, there was no Rosol style exit before the Petzschner match, so he couldn't have been trying to avoid "another" one....

You caught me, I guess Petz was positioned to be the first "Rosol" until Whafa suddenly got really sore before one of Petz service games after he had just won 2 sets. Nadal seemed magically healed and even his dear uncle gave him a clean bill of health a couple days after that match.

Generally they are legit if a player shows signs of injuries before and after. This was the case at Wimbledon 07 when I think there was a point that he fell or clearly showed discomfort in his knee. Again, is this not different from a 25 year old man who can't hold it in and just HAS to go to the bathroom before his opponent serves for the match :huh:

You can come out and say it...you believe anything and everything your man says and does.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Generally they are legit if a player shows signs of injuries before and after.

You can come out and say it: he fits this description quite easily. ;)

I don't know how anyone can be so cynical to believe Nadal, of all players, would exploit his knees. The guy has lost a lot of time and tourneys in his career over these. And as I showed, they struck him at the wrong time in 2007.

You're just a Federer fan: you're hardwired to believe the worst about Rafa...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well wake me up when he suddenly leaves the court to take a pi$$ before he serves out the match. Oh maybe it's just that the knees aren't his only chronic issue :)

And how is it exploiting his knees to park his ass on the bench for 5 minutes in hopes that it breaks momentum?