53 (WC)
54 (WC)
55 (WC)
56 (WC)

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
wow. what a field.

just a monster event. it is just days away now.

thanks for making this thread general sid.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Your most welcome this should get the ball rolling Hurc.

Murray not done much the last 2 years,but he does like the courts in Montreal.With Nadal working hard on hardcourts he could make a shout here.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am ready for it general sid.

this tournament will see the return of andy, nole, and nadal.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hurc if Nadal is up for it in the USA he could make a stack of points with nothing to defend.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
affirmative general sid.

the problem is that I don't know what the hell he is all about these days. he lost the very first day at wimby.

he should have signed instantly for 2 clay events after that day.

he does not train much anymore so this would have been a good way to stay somewhat fit and also snag a few match wins.

and we all know that his ground game needs constant repair and work these days.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Clay Death! You're confusing my men! I have the troops waiting in a bar in Howth, ready for a ruck, but you're sending out defeatist signals. If King Ralph is fit - he takes all castles everywhere.

Kapish! :D

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Sid, I don't quite get the:

3 Federer, Roger SUI 3
4 Ferrer, David ESP 4
5 Nadal, Rafael ESP 5

part...am I missing something?

I think that's just the field, based on their previous rankings. As Sid said on the Cinci thread, the seedings have still to be announced...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Clay Death! You're confusing my men! I have the troops waiting in a bar in Howth, ready for a ruck, but you're sending out defeatist signals. If King Ralph is fit - he takes all castles everywhere.

He is fit. That's why he won so many tournaments last couple of months.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:

lets discuss this.

by the way check out the castle and all our new friends.

we all owe it to this great forum to help it grow and welcome as many new friends as we can with open arms.

lets all resolve to make our forum the best forum in the world and to help it grow.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, we saw Ralph look comfortable on clay, but with the odd creakiness. We also saw how fine he looked in IW. But can he hold up under a cement court barrage for the next 4 months? It would be great if he could but I have my doubts.

However, if he does, I fancy him to take a shot at it - anywhere. It doesn't matter who he faces, either. He's rested now after his marathon since February, so he should be mentally and physically re-tuned. And the goals he had after Paris haven't changed: I imagine he's after the top spot. He still leads the race and so it's all there for him to grab. I think it could be the most blood-thirsty summer of tennis, if they all play their best. Murray might be the favourite going into Flushing Meadows, but those kind of scalps always looked nicest on Rafa's wall (just over the television)...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I think Canada has the potential to be one of the most interesting tournaments thus far this year, with so many variables: Djokovic trying to gain some traction as No. 1 after the RG and Wimbledon losses; Murray will be beginning to mount his defense of his USO title, fresh off his historic Wimbledon win; Ferrer will want to show that he deserves to be ranked No. 3, with two of the Big Four above him, and two below; Rafa will be looking to put the Wimbledon fiasco behind him, and show us that IW wasn't a fluke; and Federer is going to make a run for the No. 4 spot heading into the USO. Should be a great tournament.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
I think Canada has the potential to be one of the most interesting tournaments thus far this year, with so many variables: Djokovic trying to gain some traction as No. 1 after the RG and Wimbledon losses; Murray will be beginning to mount his defense of his USO title, fresh off his historic Wimbledon win; Ferrer will want to show that he deserves to be ranked No. 3, with two of the Big Four above him, and two below; Rafa will be looking to put the Wimbledon fiasco behind him, and show us that IW wasn't a fluke; and Federer is going to make a run for the No. 4 spot heading into the USO. Should be a great tournament.

IW wasn't a fluke, that's Cali lingo.. Rafa was a bit jaded after RG.. Darcis just totally outplayed him. I look for a rejuvenated Rafa and with fresh legs.. he should have a similar run that he had in IW because he does have the confidence to win hc titles again. Tented.. Rafa didn't have any corrective procedures to the knees which is a positive sign. I am quite certain that the backhand and the serve has received plenty of attention from team Uncle Toni\Rafa, if not then they are a FLUKE.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
IW wasn't a fluke, that's Cali lingo.. Rafa was a bit jaded after RG.. Darcis just totally outplayed him. I look for a rejuvenated Rafa and with fresh legs.. he should have a similar run that he had in IW because he does have the confidence to win hc titles again. Tented.. Rafa didn't have any corrective procedures to the knees which is a positive sign. I am quite certain that the backhand and the serve has received plenty of attention from team Uncle Toni\Rafa, if not then they are a FLUKE.

[I know this. You know this. But we have to throw the non-believers a bone, no? ;) :snigger ]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
;)
tented said:
the AntiPusher said:

[I know this. You know this. But we have to throw the non-believers a bone, no? ;) :snigger ]

;):D

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:

With today's loss I doubt Fed has any chance at all at reclaiming the number 4 spot sadly. He desperately needed those 500 points and fell pretty short of winning today.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Front242 said:
tented said:

With today's loss I doubt Fed has any chance at all at reclaiming the number 4 spot sadly. He desperately needed those 500 points and fell pretty short of winning today.

After looking it up, I just realized he only gets 180 points for the SF (I can never remember the point systems for the 250s and 500s). I thought it would be a little more than that, so, yeah, quite a bit short of 500.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
tented said:

Roger will be #5 at the USO, that is a given after Hamburg