BlackLivesMatter

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This may be the catalyst to hold the "Evil_" policemen accountable. If not something will give about this evil sense SH#T

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
This may be the catalyst to hold the "Evil_" policemen accountable. If not something will give about this evil sense SH#T

As an analyst said on CNN, I too don't think this is a Police Problem. The police are drawn from the society. There is a larger bias problem with the society, sometimes conscious bias and sometimes subtle and unconscious bias.

p.s. The officiers in charge should of course be accountable. What I am saying above is about long term fixes to the issue.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:

As an analyst said on CNN, I too don't think this is a Police Problem. The police are drawn from the society. There is a larger bias problem with the society, sometimes conscious bias and sometimes subtle and unconscious bias.

p.s. The officiers in charge should of course be accountable. What I am saying above is about long term fixes to the issue.

GSM, I have no problems with what you said, it's true it's a society biases against men of color, (it's not African Americans only) however it's more blatant disregard for the lives of African Americans that is so apparently disturbing. Have you the police officers NEVER try to administer any type of emergency assistance which means that their concern for the safety or the attempt to try to preserve that individual life is almost nonessential or nonexistent. Again, something has to give, because we all know what is going ON.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
What I meant is that it is not that the police department is not training their employees properly.
It is just that some of those who become policemen come with their biases and once they have gun in their hand, they think they are above the law and can do whatever they want.

But, I would expect the percentage of racists among cops to be the same as in any other profession in USA. But, because of their access to and misuse of weapons, it becomes more explicit.

Yes, a basic respect to human life and dignity should be shown by the cops. I wonder what is the minimum educational qualification needed to become cops. Would raising it help? But, then there are educated racists too. I don't know what is the specific solution (beyond punishing the appropriate people) to create long term reform. We can always simply say that society should change their bias. But, how to make that change happen?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
What I meant is that it is not that the police department is not training their employees properly.
It is just that some of those who become policemen come with their biases and once they have gun in their hand, they think they are above the law and can do whatever they want.

But, I would expect the percentage of racists among cops to be the same as in any other profession in USA. But, because of their access to and misuse of weapons, it becomes more explicit.

Yes, a basic respect to human life and dignity should be shown by the cops. I wonder what is the minimum educational qualification needed to become cops. Would raising it help? But, then there are educated racists too. I don't know what is the specific solution (beyond punishing the appropriate people) to create long term reform. We can always simply say that society should change their bias. But, how to make that change happen?

The answer is you have to hold those individuals who blatantly who murdered these people intentionally while using the police officers badge accountable with severe prison time just as a typical criminals get sentence.