BlackLivesMatter

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
I come over to the U.S all the time, but all this stuff... it's not encouraging. Here's another one...

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/cops-release-sandra-bland-arrest-video-1.1888812?#.Va9bl_lVhBc

This is all started because of failure to signal?? A minor traffic violation leads to an alleged suicide. :cover

Out of interest does anyone have an impression about the odds of a white woman being incarcerated for the same type of violation? Judging by the family, she seems to come from a middle class background. Would that be accurate?
Black Lives Matter but not in the US..

This is just horrific .. Poor lady was harass by the police officer who was annoyed because she refuse to comply with his un lawful order to put out her cigarette. What a weak punk he is. My Lord, people when the police officer stops you , just don't say a word if possible, Just Comply and Live for Another Day. These officers are looking for an excuse.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
I come over to the U.S all the time, but all this stuff... it's not encouraging. Here's another one...

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/cops-release-sandra-bland-arrest-video-1.1888812?#.Va9bl_lVhBc

This is all started because of failure to signal?? A minor traffic violation leads to an alleged suicide. :cover

Out of interest does anyone have an impression about the odds of a white woman being incarcerated for the same type of violation? Judging by the family, she seems to come from a middle class background. Would that be accurate?

Federberg, you have good intentions, but I must say you are a completely brainwashed true believer in modern EU and American notions of "equality" and racism.

For you to think that white people are not treated poorly by police is just frankly ignorant. I know a white guy who just this past weekend was pulled over for a DUI, violently thrown in his jail cell, and forced to strip naked. Police often act like jerks, but they do it to people of all races. I know numerous people who have been charged over $1200 for a mere speeding ticket in the state of Virginia because of the state laws there - and all of those people I am referring to are white.

The idea that black people are treated extra-horrible by the police is a big media lie ginned up simply to feed the religious fervor of antiracism. That is all it is and all it amounts to. And it has little to do with genuine concern for black people - which the left clearly does not have considering how its policies have decimated so many black communities - but it is all about bashing anything that has to do with traditional Christian society, and I mean anything. Any perception of an authoritarian traditional social structure or social institution (like the police) just draws the ire of the left.

As for the video about Sandra Bland, first of all, the most likely cause of death was suicide. That's one thing. The second is that anyone who has been raised by normal parents does not smoke a cigarette when an officer pulls him or her over, just to be a smart aleck and say "ha ha, you can't tell me what to do". If you do something like that, then you are asking for trouble.

It is amazing how no one at all in these conversations talks about having normal human respect for authority figures. There have been numerous videos posted of inner-city kids in recent months violently attacking their teachers in classrooms. This type of attitude carries over to how they treat police officers. Whatever you may want to say about police, they are deserving of respect because of the seriousness of their office. If you get pulled over by one, you should not be a smart ass. It is just basic human decorum in a serious situation.

Police officers lay their lives on the line, and antagonizing them does no good for anyone.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

This is just horrific .. Poor lady was harass by the police officer who was annoyed because she refuse to comply with his un lawful order to put out her cigarette. What a weak punk he is. My Lord, people when the police officer stops you , just don't say a word if possible, Just Comply and Live for Another Day. These officers are looking for an excuse.

Silly post from someone who hasn't spent a day of his life in an inner-city school, neighborhood, or athletic setting.

Only way you can post what AP just posted.

Why don't you comment on this story AP? Why don't you get as outraged about this?

http://www.wxyz.com/news/5-people-shot-on-detroits-west-side-one-fatal

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is a black man correcting the likes of Federberg and AntiPusher. Enjoy the video, Federberg.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_Gxa_0rRo[/video]

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is another video for informing Federberg and AP. Leo Terrell is an African-American leftwing civil rights attorney who normally just feuds with Sean Hannity and tells him he is wrong about everything. But on the Trayvon Martin incident which started this whole brouhaha, he put his foot down and told everyone in the leftwing media to shut up.

Here you go, Federberg. Another black man setting the record straight:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZIpBjisCAU[/video]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Silly post from someone who hasn't spent a day of his life in an inner-city school, neighborhood, or athletic setting.

Why don't you comment on this story AP? Why don't you get as outraged about this?

I won't dignify this with a response because I will surely get banned like you have been numerous times. You are the pure reciprocal of "BOSS"

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
Here is a black man correcting the likes of Federberg and AntiPusher. Enjoy the video, Federberg.

What exactly is your point. How does this refute the items that have been posted in this thread? Has anyone said that ALL police officers are racist? :cover

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
Here is another video for informing Federberg and AP. Leo Terrell is an African-American leftwing civil rights attorney who normally just feuds with Sean Hannity and tells him he is wrong about everything. But on the Trayvon Martin incident which started this whole brouhaha, he put his foot down and told everyone in the leftwing media to shut up.

Here you go, Federberg. Another black man setting the record straight:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZIpBjisCAU[/video]

Again... what is the point you're trying to make here? I don't know the details of the Trayvon Martin case. Listening to the less hysterical guy it seems that he agrees that the jury - based on the letter of the law - was right to acquit. The other guy seems to clearly be a bought and paid for shock jock type for Fox News. I would expect this to be obvious for someone of your intelligence. Perhaps I give you too much credit?

But never-the-less, what point are you trying to make. Speak clearly please...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
federberg said:

Federberg, you have good intentions, but I must say you are a completely brainwashed true believer in modern EU and American notions of "equality" and racism.

For you to think that white people are not treated poorly by police is just frankly ignorant. I know a white guy who just this past weekend was pulled over for a DUI, violently thrown in his jail cell, and forced to strip naked. Police often act like jerks, but they do it to people of all races. I know numerous people who have been charged over $1200 for a mere speeding ticket in the state of Virginia because of the state laws there - and all of those people I am referring to are white.

The idea that black people are treated extra-horrible by the police is a big media lie ginned up simply to feed the religious fervor of antiracism. That is all it is and all it amounts to. And it has little to do with genuine concern for black people - which the left clearly does not have considering how its policies have decimated so many black communities - but it is all about bashing anything that has to do with traditional Christian society, and I mean anything. Any perception of an authoritarian traditional social structure or social institution (like the police) just draws the ire of the left.

As for the video about Sandra Bland, first of all, the most likely cause of death was suicide. That's one thing. The second is that anyone who has been raised by normal parents does not smoke a cigarette when an officer pulls him or her over, just to be a smart aleck and say "ha ha, you can't tell me what to do". If you do something like that, then you are asking for trouble.

It is amazing how no one at all in these conversations talks about having normal human respect for authority figures. There have been numerous videos posted of inner-city kids in recent months violently attacking their teachers in classrooms. This type of attitude carries over to how they treat police officers. Whatever you may want to say about police, they are deserving of respect because of the seriousness of their office. If you get pulled over by one, you should not be a smart ass. It is just basic human decorum in a serious situation.

Police officers lay their lives on the line, and antagonizing them does no good for anyone.

Did I say that somewhere? Please do not misquote me. I asked a question about statistics. Is the type of incident experienced by that woman more likely to occur to a woman of colour or a caucasian. If you don't know the answer just say you don't. Do not presume to know what I think.

Your second point seems absurd to the point of idiocy. But I'll ask the obvious question, what on earth is wrong with smoking a cigarette while you're driving? Is there a law in the US prohibiting that? If there isn't I don't understand your point.

What is this talk about normal respect for authority figures. If you aren't breaking the law, and you are stopped by the police you are allowed to ask why? That doesn't strike me as confrontational at all. That tells me more about your upbringing than anything else.

I really don't understand you mate. I don't know if you have race issues? Whether it's your politics or religion. Or just a desire for polemic. Even if you don't believe that prejudice exists in the police force, I can't understand how you can represent yourself as not having even basic human empathy. I do not see what that woman did that was bad enough for her to end up dying. I'm sorry you don't see that :nono

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Again... where do you get off making a judgement about AP's background. What do you know of his life experiences?? Who the heck do you think you are? I see absolutely nothing controversial about what AP has said, in fact it seems to me that being as docile as possible with police is the sensible recourse at the moment.

And then you send a random link? If you don't have a valid contribution to make why bother? This is bordering on trolling. You don't have to have the same position as everyone else, but something constructive without assumptions would be welcome..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
federberg said:

The second is that anyone who has been raised by normal parents

This lady has two bachelor's degrees and was down in Texas just finishing an interview where she just landed a new job opportunity. Cali, this woman lives in Naperville Il. Naperville is easily in the top 10 of communities with the highest education in the country. The majority of people that resides in Naperville are high educated living in one of the communities with the highest tax brackets for non millionaires. And you want to question how this woman was raised? How dare you be so ignorant! Had the officer deescalated the situation and just giving her a warning for the most lowest traffic violation on the list of violation(changing lanes without signaling) which is the most violated infraction that occurs over 40 million times a day across the globe, this woman would still be alive.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Again... where do you get off making a judgement about AP's background. What do you know of his life experiences?? Who the heck do you think you are? I see absolutely nothing controversial about what AP has said, in fact it seems to me that being as docile as possible with police is the sensible recourse at the moment.

And then you send a random link? If you don't have a valid contribution to make why bother? This is bordering on trolling. You don't have to have the same position as everyone else, but something constructive without assumptions would be welcome..

Thanks Federberg..You know I can deal with a weak weasel like this trolling clown.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:
calitennis127 said:

Thanks Federberg..You know I can deal with a weak weasel like this trolling clown.

I know you can AP, but it offended me so much I had to say something :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

I know you can AP, but it offended me so much I had to say something :snicker
Amen, Brotha.. Cali is most likely the same type of individual as George Zimmerman or the other gutless chums that search the internet for "companionship" and watches Fox News because they feel like the world own them something which it doesn't. I have always known exactly who and what Cali is. I glad you can see for yourself. "Welcome to the Party Pal" :clap:clap

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Great exchanges without calling posters names. And that after we were all warned about it just a day ago. Good job guys.:snicker If you don't want other people's opinions, why ask questions on a tennis forum at all? There are thousands of online articles from all sources, if you are interested in something, you just take some time and search. You can find answers, articles, etc. about anything these days. Somebody actually answers and just because you don't like their views, they are automatically idiots, weasels and all kinds of stuff. :nono

Our society is getting worse and worse, it is a sad fact.

Fist of all in the case of Sandra Bland, I am sure that even if a white woman started giving this police officer this attitude, he would order her/me to get out of my car. Do you think I would (blowing the smoke from my cigarette in his direction) say: you can't tell me to do that??????? No wonder he was pissed off, maybe he over-reacted a bit but this is what happens between two stubborn and insensitive people. I can just imagine some of the posters here in real life and confrontations between them, when they can't handle battle with words as it is now.

Maybe I should try it the next time when I get stopped by police after not signalling before my turn, and then I would light up a cigarette and grin at him telling him: Who are you to stop me and telling me to put out my cigarette? You can't tell me to get out of my car!!!

I am frankly stunned that there are people who behave like this, unless they really want to provoke the police officers. I get stopped and he tells me that I didn't signal before changing my lane, this is my answer: Yes, you are right, I am sorry I forgot to do it (or something like that), then I wait for him to tell me what is next. Put out your cigarette - Yes, of course. Get out of the car, yes, I would get out of the car because he actually has the authority to tell me that. Never in my craziest mind would I start talking back to him like this woman did.

Maybe also next time when I cross the border and the officer asks me where I am going, what I am doing there, where I am staying, I will tell him: "You don't need to know that and don't ask me anything personal or I will call my lawyer and then we'll see" or something silly like that. Then when he gets agitated I will provoke him even more and then cry how the police is treating poor immigrants unfairly. :puzzled

Anyway, the autopsy results are in and unless everybody is corrupt, the findings are consistent with suicide. While tragic, it probably could have been prevented if just a little bit more sense was used by both the officer and the woman. And my opinion is that this would have happened with these kinds of individuals no matter the color of their skin.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/sandra-bland-mentioned-previous-suicide-attempt-to-jailer-sheriff-1.3162790

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
calitennis127 said:

What exactly is your point. How does this refute the items that have been posted in this thread? Has anyone said that ALL police officers are racist? :cover

In the United States of America today, there is undoubtedly a general perception that the police are a racist institution. This is why every single local case of police brutality against a black person is turned into a national news story.

The reason for me posting the video is to say that if anyone of any race is respectful of a police officer when they are pulled over or questioned, the likelihood of them being harassed, attacked, mistreated, or even killed is minimal. Trayvon Martin tried to wrestle with and beat up George Zimmerman (who wasn't a police officer, but was still an authority figure). Michael Brown charged after Darren Wilson and reached for the gun in his holster. The guy in South Carolina ran out of his car while the police officer was reviewing information in the police car. All this behavior did was start confrontations where there didn't need to be any. The black man in the video above demonstrated that he, as a black man, can be treated perfectly fine if he behaves normally.

How does this video refute what is in this thread? It refutes it almost entirely, because it shows that if someone keeps their cool when questioned or approached by a police officer (which Michael Brown and others did not do), they are almost certainly going to be treated normally. All you have done in this thread is feed a counter-factual, nonsensical narrative that black people everyday everywhere are in danger of being randomly killed by police officers. That is total nonsense, and you only show your ignorance by repeating it over and over.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
calitennis127 said:
the AntiPusher said:

I won't dignify this with a response because I will surely get banned like you have been numerous times. You are the pure reciprocal of "BOSS"

Yeah, it is too logical for you to follow. You'll never post a link about countless shootings and killings in black neighborhoods that go on each month, but the handful of times that a police officer gets into a tussle with a black person, you just march off the cliff with the rest of the lemmings into the abyss of stupidity.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
Again... what is the point you're trying to make here?

My point is that if you look at these cases in legal detail - like Leo Terrell and others have - you see that the trumped-up media frenzy over "police brutality" toward black Americans is largely a mythical narrative with no actual substance to it.

federberg said:
I don't know the details of the Trayvon Martin case.

LOL.....thank you for admitting as much. Maybe you should look into the details of some of these cases before you wring your hands over how supposedly appalling and racist the police behavior in America is.

federberg said:
The other guy seems to clearly be a bought and paid for shock jock type for Fox News. I would expect this to be obvious for someone of your intelligence. Perhaps I give you too much credit?

No, you're actually not giving me enough credit. If you noticed what I said in my original post, Leo Terrell usually feuds with Hannity and he is widely known for having a leftist perspective on politics and race. The Trayvon Martin case was one of the few instances where Hannity and Terrell actually agreed on something - as they each joked in the video segment I posted above. That is all the more damning for your position, because even Leo Terrell said there was no legal case to be made on behalf of Trayvon Martin.

Leo Terrell is someone who has, among other things, called the states of Idaho and Utah "apartheid states" and argued that blacks are not welcomed to live there. Does that sound like rightwing politics to you? He is not a rightwing conservative by any stretch of the imagination. For you to imply that he is shows you know nothing at all about him.

federberg said:
But never-the-less, what point are you trying to make. Speak clearly please...

Okay, then let me make it as plain and clear as possible: if you look at the specific details of these much-publicized police brutality cases from the last couple years, you usually find that the narrative of white police officers victimizing "unarmed black males" is inaccurate or at the least a gross oversimplification without factual basis. That is my point.

The purpose of showing the Leo Terrell video was to say that even a leftwing civil rights attorney -who believes very firmly that white racism is a powerful force in American society - took a close look at the facts and details of the Trayvon Martin case and he concluded that there was no case to be made that Trayvon was just an innocent black boy shot in cold blood by a law enforcement semi-authority figure. That was my point.

And, just to reinforce this, here is a video of Leo Terrell arguing with Hannity, expressing vintage leftwing views. This makes his stance on the Trayvon Martin case that much more troublesome for those taking your position on all of these police brutality cases:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNSVj_5dCA[/video]

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
I asked a question about statistics. Is the type of incident experienced by that woman more likely to occur to a woman of colour or a caucasian. If you don't know the answer just say you don't. Do not presume to know what I think.

The stupidity of this question baffles me. How are statisticians supposed to track how whites are treated versus how blacks are treated when they talk back to police? That is very hard to track. Either way, my point was that police treat people of all races poorly at times. I have seen it and heard enough stories to know it.

Your question implies that blacks are treated much differently by police. That is pure nonsense and a lie. If Sandra Bland had behaved like the upstanding black male whose video I posted above, she never would have been forced out of her car.

Should the police officer have told her to get out of the car? Perhaps not, but it is within his authority to do so. Either way, Sandra Bland did not have to devolve into a hissy fit of screaming, panting, cussing, and calling the officer names. When you do that to anyone, you invite a forceful response.

federberg said:
Your second point seems absurd to the point of idiocy. But I'll ask the obvious question, what on earth is wrong with smoking a cigarette while you're driving?

Nothing.

federberg said:
Is there a law in the US prohibiting that?

To my knowledge, no.

federberg said:
If there isn't I don't understand your point.

My point is that you don't go into a job interview wearing a ballcap. You don't wear a t-shirt and shorts to a wedding or a funeral. And when a police officer pulls you over, you take off your hat or put your cigarette down out of respect for his position of authority.

federberg said:
If you aren't breaking the law, and you are stopped by the police you are allowed to ask why?

Yes, that is perfectly fine. I have no problem with that. However, if the policeman asks you to put your cigarette down, and you refuse, and then he asks you to step out of your car, and you keep talking back for 5 minutes, drop the f-bomb on him, and call him a "b----" and an "f---ing p----y", then why should you be surprised if he starts being aggressive with you?

Police are authority figures and even if they are wrong, you should treat them with respect. They are not people that you act out and throw tantrums on. They are not your relatives or your spouse or your friends. I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

federberg said:
That doesn't strike me as confrontational at all. That tells me more about your upbringing than anything else.

LOL......did you actually watch the whole video, or just the 1-minute segment CNN drew out? She starts cussing at him and talks back at him for about 5 minutes. Watch the whole video and tell me she wasn't confrontational.

I actually agree with her that she should not have been given a ticket and that she probably should have just been given a quick warning, and that was it. I think the police officer was being petty; I agree with Bland about that. But she should not have taken it to the level she did of talking back constantly, saying "oh wow" to make the officer feel like an idiot, and then cussing at him and calling him a "b----" and a "p---y".

She called him, among other things, a "p---y a-- cop" and said "what a p---y" over and over. Did the PC articles you read tell you that?

federberg said:
I really don't understand you mate. I don't know if you have race issues?

It depends on how you define them. More than anyone, I utterly detest most white leftists, who are the greatest poison on earth for humanity today. As your question pertains to blacks, I actually like them and enjoy being around them on a personal level more than most whites, such as, for instance, Riotbeard. I would much rather hang out with a Michael Brown or a Trayvon Martin than Riotbeard.

The ideas of someone such as Riot have done nothing but wreak havoc on black communities and I see them as a wicked influence on American politics that do nothing good for whites or blacks. They just poison our society and make everything worse.

federberg said:
Even if you don't believe that prejudice exists in the police force, I can't understand how you can represent yourself as not having even basic human empathy.

I do have empathy. I empathize with Bland for being given a ticket when she shouldn't have. But I also empathize with the police officer when his position of authority is completely disrespected by someone who is dropping the f-bomb on him over and over and calling him derogatory names like "p---y" and "b---h" and "a-- hole" for 5 minutes to insult him and taunt him.

federberg said:
I do not see what that woman did that was bad enough for her to end up dying.

That's because you didn't see the whole interaction. You probably don't even know that she cussed at the cop and called him names repeatedly.

federberg said:
I'm sorry you don't see that :nono

I'm sorry that you are counter-factually jumping to the conclusion that she was killed by the police officer when there is not evidence that this was the case. And I am sorry that you didn't take the time to watch the full video instead of just settling for the 1-minute PC media version that omits Sandra Bland cussing at the police officer for the better part of 5 minutes, using the f-word over and over, and calling him obscene names.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuPvDMN73hQ[/video]

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
This lady has two bachelor's degrees and was down in Texas just finishing an interview where she just landed a new job opportunity. Cali, this woman lives in Naperville Il. Naperville is easily in the top 10 of communities with the highest education in the country. The majority of people that resides in Naperville are high educated living in one of the communities with the highest tax brackets for non millionaires. And you want to question how this woman was raised?

She may have been raised terrifically well, but she certainly didn't behave like it. You clearly did not watch the entire dashcam video but only saw the 1-minute PC version that shows the cop yelling at her. She dropped the f-bomb on him repeatedly and called him a "b---h" and a "p---y" and an "a-- hole", among other things.

She may have been well-educated and smart, but she behaved like a belligerent punk toward the police officer and swore at him for the better part of 5 minutes. As I said to Federberg, I think she should have just been given a warning and let go. But police officers are characteristically petty, and they are authority figures. If they ask you to step out of your car, you should just do it and shut up. You shouldn't call them obscene names, insult them, cuss at them, and say "oh wow" over and over and not expect them to respond.

My brother was recently pulled over in the state of Virginia and given a ridiculous speeding ticket for $1200. However, he did not call the officer names for 5 minutes and drop the f-bomb on him 40 times. Had he done so, there is a good chance he would have been hurt or killed in a tussle.

the AntiPusher said:
How dare you be so ignorant!

How dare you misuse the English language so terribly! The word "ignorant" does not mean what you are trying to make out to mean! Pick up a dictionary!

the AntiPusher said:
Had the officer deescalated the situation and just giving her a warning for the most lowest traffic violation on the list of violation(changing lanes without signaling) which is the most violated infraction that occurs over 40 million times a day across the globe, this woman would still be alive.

Lol.....watch the full video. Try telling me that she was cooperative.