Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Poor Ferru is not even the shadow that he was :cover:s

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
isabelle said:
Zverev finally won
And with a lot of work. Seriously when the "old ones" play a little better and not even their best the youngest ones have to work hard to win

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
In fairness to a youngster like Zverev, he's an infant at this level in the sense of getting used to surface changes on the tour, and learning how to consistently manage them at a high level...

mightyjeditribble

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Poor Ferru is not even the shadow that he was :cover:s
Yeah things are not going too well for David are they? The ignominy of losing to Anderson on clay, it is quite sad.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:
Zverev finally won
And with a lot of work. Seriously when the "old ones" play a little better and not even their best the youngest ones have to work hard to win

Man .. I just love Alamgro's backhand. It so smooth.. it isn't pretty as Richie Gs but it's a beautiful stroke. If I am in trouble and out of position, I would prefer Stan's or Roger's under pressure.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:
Zverev finally won

I just want to take a moment to celebrate me liking your post. :)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:
Zverev finally won

I just want to take a moment to celebrate me liking your post. :)

Oh, I've just seen it :eyepop:wow:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:
Zverev finally won

Man .. I just love Alamgro's backhand. It so smooth.. it isn't pretty as Richie Gs but it's a beautiful stroke. If I am in trouble and out of position, I would prefer Stan's or Roger's under pressure.

IMO Feli has the most elegant backhand, it's a shame that he has been so lazy and not too much dedicated

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

IMO Feli has the most elegant backhand, it's a shame that he has been so lazy and not too much dedicated

I think Feli slices the ball about 60-70 percent of the time. He can come over it when he wants to have some power or going for a passing shot.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Barcelona Open Men's Singles matches on Tuesday

Round 2
17-Benoit Paire (France) beat Marcel Granollers (Spain) 6-3 7-6(6)
Daniel Evans (Britain) beat 14-Mischa Zverev (Germany) 6-4 6-4
7-Pablo Carreno (Spain) beat Andreas Seppi (Italy) 6-4 6-2
Kevin Anderson (South Africa) beat 13-David Ferrer (Spain) 6-3 6-4
Yuichi Sugita (Japan) beat 9-Richard Gasquet (France) 4-6 6-3 7-6(3)
8-Alexander Zverev (Germany) beat Nicolas Almagro (Spain) 7-6(4) 4-6 6-4
4-Dominic Thiem (Austria) beat Kyle Edmund (Britain) 6-1 6-4

Round 1
Horacio Zeballos (Argentina) beat Santiago Giraldo (Colombia) 6-2 6-3
Karen Khachanov (Russia) beat Thomaz Bellucci (Brazil) 6-3 6-4
Rogerio Dutra Silva (Brazil) beat Renzo Olivo (Argentina) 6-1 6-1
Chung Hyeon (South Korea) beat Denis Istomin (Uzbekistan) 6-4 6-4
Jan-Lennard Struff (Germany) beat Pierre-Hugues Herbert (France) 7-5 6-3
Bernard Tomic (Australia) beat Dustin Brown (Germany) 7-5 4-6 6-2
Nikoloz Basilashvili (Georgia) beat Taro Daniel (Japan) 6-3 6-1

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
isabelle said:
Zverev finally won

Nico has always had a great backhand, Richie's one is more classical imo, Stan's one's very powerful and Kholi's one's like a laser...

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Today I am rooting heavily for Nadal´s opponent... as he is the Brazilian journeyman Rogerio Dutra Silva. He is a 32 years old challenger level player, at the best ranking of his life (69). The guy worked freaking hard to get there, came really from nothing so he must be thrilled only to play Nadal in Spain. He soundly beaten his first round opponent, 6x1 6x1, but I hope he can get 6 to 8 games total today. First round after a big title is a good place to meet a top dog, but chances are slim. Hope he puts a good show. It is funny how around half of people following tennis here in Brazil simply ditch players who do not make the top 10, and "loser" is the common word we see on the comments of the local news sites. Not that I care, I read those things half with scientific curiosity, half for some kind of masochism...

Reactions: britbox

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tomic retired and Muzz pass to the quarters

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And now he has retired and Muzz pass to the quarters B-)
Ha! Jeepers, Tomic. Albert Montañes lost to F. Lopez, and I believe he has retired. They had a ceremony, and they new it would be his last Barcelona. I'm guessing he's hanging it up there.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Pablo Cuevas is saving himself for RG by exiting early here. Nice strategy. :snicker