Administrator
Reactions
IMG_5389.jpeg
IMG_5390.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am watching 2 matches,

Fernandez playing Q Bejiek, Leylah won the 1st set 76(5) but was pushed by Bejiek, who broke Leylah in her first service game of the 2nd set, Leylah broke back ASAP,, Czech has produced some great players over the years, it must be something in their 'water' :)
Entertaining match Fernandez wins 76(5) 62, also I saw Vondrousa in Bejiek's box good to see support from her fellow Czech players

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I am now switching to watch the Greek Godess who apparently changed her strings and a different racket, quite a big change for the off season, I watched a few of Maria's matches at the United Cup, I was impressed, lets see if she can transfer that to the tour this year.
I must say I Love Her Dress, apart from that Top Knot which I want to cut off with scissors, it is a light green in colour.Maria ia playing the Japanese player Hibino, who really dosent have the 'fire power' to hang with big hitters
Actual;y Hibno is playing a very 'smart match' using a lot of spin towards Maria, aggressive, standing inside the baseline, she just hit 2 untimely UFE and Maria grabbed the 1st set 64, Hibino is a solid doubles player, can see that she dosent hesitate to come to the net when she can
Sakkari d Hibino 64 61 , yes Maria has made it to the 2nd rd of a GS!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am watching 2 matches,

Fernandez playing Q Bejiek, Leylah won the 1st set 76(5) but was pushed by Bejiek, who broke Leylah in her first service game of the 2nd set, Leylah broke back ASAP,, Czech has produced some great players over the years, it must be something in their 'water' :)
Entertaining match Fernandez wins 76(5) 62, also I saw Vondrousa in Bejiek's box good to see support from her fellow Czech players
Yes i was watching that game earlier today, Margaret. That was indeed fun to see, both lefties and both with good physiques and court coverages. I recall young Leylah was a U S Open runner-up 3 years ago.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A pleasing result for Amanda Anisimova defeating the No 13 seed Samsonova 63 64
Amanda a gifted player has had her ups and downs, just recently came back on tour, decided she needed time off with stress issues, Amanda was once coached briefly by Darren Cahill

Frenchwoman D.Parry defeated the No30 seed X.Wang 63 26 63
I would imagine Alize Cornet who received a WC will be her last, at the AO, she was defeated by Q Timofeeva 62 64

Last edited:

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry for Linette - hope for speedy recovery. But - nice to see Woz back on her favorite arena - she saw out well - promising for her next match - and nice to see her smile again
1705224704309.png

Stats from the match
1705224652009.png

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
In this particular video clip she was very cruel to Tiafoe for no reason,and I know her family is close to the Shelton family,but there was no need for her and that frat boy to say what they said.This video must have been taken before Tiafoe and Fratboy match at the Open.Coco maybe is not aware that Tiafoe is close to Serena and both have Jill as their agent.
As to all this video business, I would say wait before convicting Coco. I haven't seen it yet. I'm not saying she didn't say it, but I've seen tv folk cut, splice and edit a video to portray a particular image. Let us get all the facts first. Do you have a way to share the link?

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not watching Saba matches at present, though I didnt think she would have much trouble against a German qualifer Seidel winning 60 61

tented

Administrator
Reactions
As to all this video business, I would say wait before convicting Coco. I haven't seen it yet. I'm not saying she didn't say it, but I've seen tv folk cut, splice and edit a video to portray a particular image. Let us get all the facts first. Do you have a way to share the link?
That’s a great point, especially with everything that can be done with AI these days. This could have been manipulated through editing and/or AI-generated. Or it’s true.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really fun match ups for day 2,
Osaka v Garcia,
Osaka should not have much trouble with Garcia as she has now gone to be a 'full head case' shame really she has a good game, pity she dosent realize it.
Pavs a pure striker of the ball, a player I love to watch, wont have it all her own way against Veckic
Vondrousova has a wrist problem, she withdrew from Adelaide International, I think she can win against Yastremska
Paula Badosa coming back from a stress fracture in her back plays Taylor Townsend, this could be interesting
Mira Andreeva, the youngster continues to impress, won recently against The Banshee at Kooyong Classic match in SS, she plays Pera, I feel she can win that match
Just a few of the good match ups for day 2.

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well..her words were really shocking for someone who claims to be a christian,and that MAGA jerk called Tiafoe the n-word.I saw it on IG ..I think it was a Netflix clip.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Really fun match ups for day 2,
Osaka v Garcia,
Osaka should not have much trouble with Garcia as she has now gone to be a 'full head case' shame really she has a good game, pity she dosent realize it.
Pavs a pure striker of the ball, a player I love to watch, wont have it all her own way against Veckic
Vondrousova has a wrist problem, she withdrew from Adelaide International, I think she can win against Yastremska
Paula Badosa coming back from a stress fracture in her back plays Taylor Townsend, this could be interesting
Mira Andreeva, the youngster continues to impress, won recently against The Banshee at Kooyong Classic match in SS, she plays Pera, I feel she can win that match
Just a few of the good match ups for day 2.
I am picking Osaka over Caro

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer
Status
Not open for further replies.