R3 Fernandez (32)
R16 Garcia (16)
QF Sakkari (8)
SF Sabalenka (2)
F Swiatek (1)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Bottom half of the draw will be played across Sunday and Monday.
Aryna Sabalenka will kick off her title defence on Sunday
The top half will be played across Monday and Tuesday
Notable Sunday starts,
Sakkari, Krejcikova, Fernandez, Wozniacki, Anisimova

Doubles will commence Tuesday 16th January

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just saw a clip of Coco and Shelton ,don't want to make a mountain out of nothing.What I saw and heard them saying to Tiafoe in the behind the scenes of the Netflix show is disappointing,it was cruel and uncalled for coming from a girl who claims to be Christian.I know young people joke around to have an advantage but this is ugly behavior,and it doesn't look good for Coco who wants to come off as kind.Ben is a jerk it's all clear for anyone to see,but to see Coco join in this childish behavior is just silly.Tiafoe remained well behaved and classy.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just saw a clip of Coco and Shelton ,don't want to make a mountain out of nothing.What I saw and heard them saying to Tiafoe in the behind the scenes of the Netflix show is disappointing,it was cruel and uncalled for coming from a girl who claims to be Christian.I know young people joke around to have an advantage but this is ugly behavior,and it doesn't look good for Coco who wants to come off as kind.Ben is a jerk it's all clear for anyone to see,but to see Coco join in this childish behavior is just silly.Tiafoe remained well behaved and classy.
Oh! I havent seen any the the recent Netlfix, after your post I dont think I will rushing to watch it.maybe they show these things to keep up the ratings, I would not be too hard on Coco, to me she comes across as a mature young woman for her young age.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have a feeling that Osaka will do well at the AO24.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have a feeling that Osaka will do well at the AO24.
I dont know, I feel she still needs more match play,, probably more on the HC later in the year, she will do well,actually I really like Coco's draw and she was smart playing again in Auckland, not meeting higher ranked players and getting the match play for the AO

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh! I havent seen any the the recent Netlfix, after your post I dont think I will rushing to watch it.maybe they show these things to keep up the ratings, I would not be too hard on Coco, to me she comes across as a mature young woman for her young age.
That's what I thought until this video clip of her and Ben kinda hazing Tiafoe,using
abusive derogatory language.I am very disappointed with Coco.. honestly.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I dont know, I feel she still needs more match play,, probably more on the HC later in the year, she will do well,actually I really like Coco's draw and she was smart playing again in Auckland, not meeting higher ranked players and getting the match play for the AO
Remember that she always plays well in Melbourne,and once her game clicks it's curtains.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember that she always plays well in Melbourne,and once her game clicks it's curtains.
I still think she is rusty in parts of her game, I still feel she needs more time, coming back from having a child etc. I could be wrong

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like Rybakina though usually winning Brisbane tournament has been a hex on players winning the AO
For the life of me I dont why she chose to play the Adelaide International she got the match play she needed before the AO, anyway she lost in a QF match
Saba is playing like she did in 2022, over playing, pressing, cant find the court, DFs, a Head Case, she has the game to blow all the players off the court in the WTA, though time and time again, she reverts back to her Evil Twin.
I am also liking Iga on a HC she played well in the United Cup for Poland getting all the way to the final
Sakkari also played well, though can she keep that type of play into the WTA season?
Coco Gauff has a great draw can she go on with it and win her 2nd GS title at the AO, she won back to back titles in Auckland, before the AO
I feel the new mums coming back on the tour will need more time.,

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
That is disappointing.Yeah, Ben is an egomaniac, so I agree with you about him. I’ll have to look for the clip.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She might have peaked in Auckland,and same with Rybakina.They always say the surface and conditions in Sydney are almost the same as in Melbourne.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
In this particular video clip she was very cruel to Tiafoe for no reason,and I know her family is close to the Shelton family,but there was no need for her and that frat boy to say what they said.This video must have been taken before Tiafoe and Fratboy match at the Open.Coco maybe is not aware that Tiafoe is close to Serena and both have Jill as their agent.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She might have peaked in Auckland,and same with Rybakina.They always say the surface and conditions in Sydney are almost the same as in Melbourne.
In Australia and Auckland they play on the same surface Plexicushion, in Melbourne the weather is hot though not as humid as Sydney where I live,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a Fun Stat before the AO Grand Slam begins on the 14th January ( which is tomorrow btw)

There are 8 mums competing at the AO this year,
Victoria Azarenka
Elina Svitolina
Caroline Wozniacki
Angie Kerber
Naomi Osaka
Tatjana Maria
Taylor Townsend
Yanina Wickmayer

4 of them are GS and Aussie Open champions and former No 1s.

Last edited:
Reactions: tented

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is a Fun Stat before the AO Grand Slam begins on the 14th January ( which is tomorrow btw)

There are 8 mums competing at the AO this year,
Victoria Azarenka
Elina Svitolina
Caroline Wozniacki
Angie Kerber
Naomi Osaka
Tatjana Maria
Taylor Townsend
Yanina Wickmayer

4 of them are GS and Aussie Open champions and former No 1s.
I didn't know that Yanina is a mother

Status
Not open for further replies.