Australian Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The big hair dude looks like a qualifier or someone who lives on the challenger tour..It's the brilliance of his Serbian Slayer daddy.
Disappointing result from the hair dude, but as you say, serbian slayer is to blame too, he ain't giving nothing no more (compared to early rounds).
Quite boring matches for the business end of a slam. Hope KK and Tsitsipas will be interesting and then final too if Tsitsipas goes through.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Djokovic went right to Rublevs strength all evening. He lost a fair number of points, got crushed on a lot of points, but he kept after it. Rublev has an unbelievable forehand.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The BEST thing TP can do is not hug Novak. If he plays Novak like he did all the others he has played thus far he can swim with Novak. He played his butt off last fall vs Nadal's early failing game. Regardless, a win is a win. Otherwise, Novak will take TP to the deep parts of the ocean and he will drown trying to make it back.

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The BEST thing TP can do is not hug Novak. If he plays Novak like he did all the others he has played thus far he can swim with Novak. He played his butt off last fall vs Nadal's early failing game. Regardless, a win is a win. Otherwise, Novak will take TP to the deep parts of the ocean and he will drown trying to make it back.
Tommy Paul is probably my favorite American player. That said, the Master of Melbourne is on a mission. TP has a good game and good skills. He will have to resist going for too much and try to play within himself. Djoker makes everyone feel like they have to go for more and it produces errors they don’t normally make. Paul can’t afford to go down that road.

Last edited:
Reactions: atttomole

tented

Administrator
Reactions
0D75EACD-6DBE-44C9-9119-5BAE0F8642B1.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching the mens SF doubles
Aussie WC R.Hijikata/J.Kubler won 1st set 64 over M.Granollers/H.Zeballos 8th seeds
The Aussie team are up a break in the 2nd set 2-1....if they win they will play the H.Nys (FRA)/J.Zielinski (POL) in the finals who won their match earlier today.The Aussie team have had a good run to the SF defeating the No 1 doubles team of Koolhof/Skupski
Oi Oi Oi Aussie team have got the double break and will serve for the match and a place in the mens final....5-2
I must say Jason Kubler has been 'on fire' he has had experience in doubles and mixed doubles, he is serving for the match
1MP
Yes Aussie Oi Oi Oi, WC Kubler/Hijikata d (8) Granollers/Zeballos 64 62! through to the mens final on Sunday
( this reminds me of last year when Nick K and Thanasi Kokinakis made the doubles final and won)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis Australia has warned Novak Djokovic and his family not to promote political causes after Djokovic's father Srdjan was seen on video posing with pro Putin demonstraters at Melbourne Park. TA had initially permitted spectators to bring Russian and Belarusian banners to Melbourne Park. But the policy was reversed last Tuesday morning after a Russian flag was prominently displayed court side during a match involving Ukrainian player Kateryna Baindl.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Tennis Australia has warned Novak Djokovic and his family not to promote political causes after Djokovic's father Srdjan was seen on video posing with pro Putin demonstraters at Melbourne Park. TA had initially permitted spectators to bring Russian and Belarusian banners to Melbourne Park. But the policy was reversed last Tuesday morning after a Russian flag was prominently displayed court side during a match involving Ukrainian player Kateryna Baindl.
I'm gonna say it. The reason Novak's behavior is so non classy at times is because his pappy allowed it.

• Haha
Reactions: tented and Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You said "Novaks is non classy a times because his pappy allowed it'....if Novak had come out and support Russia and their invasion of Ukraine, well that is on him, at the AO,he has not, his father should know better, as I said this is not the first time he has come out and cause trouble for his son
I said Novak's behavior is because of his father not vice versa.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mixed doubles final,
Mirza/Bopanna vs Matos/Stefani

Mirza is retiring after the AO, it would be a great goodbye if she and her partner Bopanna could win the mixed doubles final

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just an update regarding Novak Djokovic's father who was seen on video with a pro Putin demonstrater, Tennis Australia has come under pressure to take away his accreditation at the AO

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Just an update regarding Novak Djokovic's father who was seen on video with a pro Putin demonstrater, Tennis Australia has come under pressure to take away his accreditation at the AO

And here I thought my dislike of these people couldn’t get worse.

Reactions: Moxie