Reactions
Who wins?
6D3B7005-9E6D-4402-A357-A4BF5089AF9C.jpeg
12F9F18E-D495-451D-8FA5-9964FFD40ED1.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba's QF match was a 'hot mess' against Vekic, even though she has a H2H 2-0 over Linette previously, this is a SF major, Linette has defeated some big hitters to make the s/final.
Saba in 3 sets, ( she can win in straight sets, though after her QF match, I am giving Linette a set)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Saba's QF match was a 'hot mess' against Vekic, even though she has a H2H 2-0 over Linette previously, this is a SF major, Linette has defeated some big hitters to make the s/final.
Saba in 3 sets, ( she can win in straight sets, though after her QF match, I am giving Linette a set)
Agreed. Saba in 3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've got Saba in 3, too. Somehow, I have a soft spot for crazy Russians.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Vekic played like someone was holding her support doggie hostage..I can't believe some of the players left in this tournament. This has been an awful two weeks of female tennis. Nothing really special about the men's game either. I wonder if the balls played a difference..It won't be long before I vanish to the world of pickleball.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Vekic played like someone was holding her support doggie hostage..I can't believe some of the players left in this tournament. This has been an awful two weeks of female tennis. Nothing really special about the men's game either. I wonder if the balls played a difference..It won't be long before I vanish to the world of pickleball.
Don’t say that! There’s been a lot of discussion about the tennis balls they’re using and a potential 5 year contract with the company that makes them. In your opinion, do you think they’re responsible for some of the early exits of top players?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Don’t say that! There’s been a lot of discussion about the tennis balls they’re using and a potential 5 year contract with the company that makes them. In your opinion, do you think they’re responsible for some of the early exits of top players?
Well Rob, something is going on. Look at last year's round of 16 players (men and women). I would like to hear from Medvedev and Fritz's perspective.

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa and Novak and a few others complained. I’ve always liked Dunlop, but yeah. A lot of the players from last year made quick exits. Berrettini included.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Novak and a few others complained. I’ve always liked Dunlop, but yeah. A lot of the players from last year made quick exits. Berrettini included.

Why do they change balls, how much more money can this tournament earn from the change of balls? Maybe a couple of millions.

Rob, once I played with Dunlop balls in a local league. The balls I swear had small particles rolling around. We got so frustrated that we changed the balls to Wilson or Penn and gave the Dunlop balls to the YMCA. Unfortunately, the league director discovered that and force Us to play with the dead Dunlop balls during the league championships. The quality of the balls make a difference my friend.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The contract has been signed for another 5 years, a lot of the players are unhappy with the pressure of the balls, go flat quite easily.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Why do they change balls, how much more money can this tournament earn from the change of balls? Maybe a couple of millions.

Rob, once I played with Dunlop balls in a local league. The balls I swear had small particles rolling around. We got so frustrated that we changed the balls to Wilson or Penn and gave the Dunlop balls to the YMCA. Unfortunately, the league director discovered that and force Us to play with the dead Dunlop balls during the league championships. The quality of the balls make a difference my friend.
It used to be, when I was a kid 45 years ago, the Penns were too heavy, the Wilsons were the ones that fluffed up and lost air quickly and the Dunlops were the ball of choice. These days at the Club we use Penn or Wilson and USTA matches locally Wilson. Crazy how things change.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The contract has been signed for another 5 years, a lot of the players are unhappy with the pressure of the balls, go flat quite easily.
Doesn't make sense, last year's tournament had to be highly rated successful event. It a tournament ain't broke, don't clown with it

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ok, Saba is playing lights out. Can Linette make Saba beat herself or implode?