AO Semi: Rafael Nadal (9) vs Grigor Dimitrov (15)

Who wins?

• Nadal in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dimitrov in 3

• Dimitrov in 5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There you have it. I am sure you are fearing some kind of third degree reverse jinx, so you do not need to worry anymore. Honestly, as in fact I like Dimitrov´s game (funny we had a little debate about him not too long ago), the natural thing for me is to root hard for the guy, but in the end I do not really now who to root for, not even what result I prefer. Well, gun to the head I would say 25-23 in the fifth for Dimitrov, but apart from that...
:lulz2: Good one, Mrzz. As superstitious as I can be, I wasn't worried about a reverse jinx, but thanks for covering that base for me, anyway. I like Rafa's chances against Baby Fed for all the obvious reasons. The two wild cards are current Nadal at the late stages of a Major, (or any tournament, really,) and New Dimitrov. If I weren't so tired, I'd be anxious. But this is what calms me: Rafa is a far superior player to Grigor, and is far tougher. He looks hungry again, and he's mixing up his strategies to suit the player. (Maybe counter-intuitively, but he stayed back on ROS with Monfils, and moved way farther in on the 2nd v. Raonic.) The serve is pretty good, and the forehand seems to be on. :yesyes:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meanwhile everybody is discussing about this player or that one, who will win this semis and the finals this player yesterday was trying to find an entertaining while was raining and waiting to practice :whistle:

I saw this on ESPN during a rain delay yesterday. Hilarious!

Reactions: Carol

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
good morning/night/whatever people.. I am around but might be able to chat just later. Enjoy

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Y. The real test will be in at the end of the set

Tennisproguru.com

Club Member
Reactions
i am surprised Greg choose to receive, yesterday it was one of decisive moments in 1st set that Roger started set with serve

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not so surprised. He'll expect to hold his serve, so he wants to try to break Rafa as quickly as possible

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
can't think of any better. Federer and Courier should be in the list as well, and I'm sure I'm missing a few