Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Excellent win by Nadal’s protégé over Pushovic. :clap::good:

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry but that is INSANE to preempt someone from playing the YE ATP finals 7 months ahead of time
* if* they qualify on the outside speculative chance that they will be too tired/fatigued.

Lets revisit this topic come October/Nov before we start predicting how beatup a player will be by then, Again 7 months ahead of time.
You are correct. I would say after the US Open will be a better barometer in my opinion.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the first major clay court tournament, players are getting used to the different surface after playing on HC for sometime, getting their clay legs, for the rest of the up coming clay season, I am not surprised with some of the more favored players being beaten at MC, early days, still a way to go before RG

Reactions: don_fabio

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Novak, meet Casper the badass Ghost…

IMG_0883.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don Fabio,
When was the last time we had 2 upsets like this in both SFs of a 1000? both Novak and Sinner were like 70-75% favs going in

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm just listening to TC do the recaps, and I know there was talk around here about what Rune got in trouble for yesterday. TC said that Novak told some people in the crowd STFU or something, 3 times, with the F-bomb and didn't in trouble for it? They said it was loud and clear. They were complaining about the lack of consistency in that sort of thing.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He didn't really have to. Djokovic gifted that game. I only was able to sneak peeks at most of the match. What was up with Djokovic. I saw a lot of UFE's, even with limited viewing.
I saw that Doub.Fault coming from a mile away! I've been in this situation & seen the best in the same circumstance! The comeback just fell short!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm just listening to TC do the recaps, and I know there was talk around here about what Rune got in trouble for yesterday. TC said that Novak told some people in the crowd STFU or something, 3 times, with the F-bomb and didn't in trouble for it? They said it was loud and clear. They were complaining about the lack of consistency in that sort of thing.
Go back a couple of pages. I mentioned it when it happened. It was loud, clear and he definitely repeated it more than once. Leyhani's response was to tell the crowd not to call out during the points, but not levy a warning on Djoke. Clearly he dropped the ball, just like the chick did earlier for Jannik

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
With Tsitsipas joining Dimitrov back in the Top Ten on Monday, it will mark the 1st time since the week of 25th October 2021 that multiple players with one handed backhands will be inside the Top Ten of ATP ranking

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
All Rune did was thumb to his four fingers like a puppet talking… mimicking the crowd chirping at him. He got a time violation and then the umpire gave him a code violation for that. Rune said to the umpire, Fine with the time violation, but you’re going to give me a code violation? I used no bad words. Get the tournament umpire. And he sat down and waited. He did nothing wrong, using no foul language. Novak may be in good shape physically, but he’s definitely a whinging curmudgeon with his cranky attitude.

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tsitsipas and Ruud are interesting players, historically speaking. By my way of assessment, Tsitsipas--by reaching the SF and now F--has surpassed Tsonga in career value, with 75 PEP (he'll be at 77 if he wins the final), and isn't far from Berdych (86). But he's still only 25 and his three best seasons (2019, 21, 22) are better than any seasons that Tsonga and Berdych ever had...though some of this is due to playing in a less grueling era. I don't have an easy career comp, though there's elements of Guillermo Coria, but he's a bad comp for anyone due to how his career imploded. Another would be Michael Chang or Goran Ivanisevic...he seems about on that level, though without the Slam (yet).

Ruud is perhaps even more interesting. He doesn't have the clear weapons of the elite, but is always hanging around. His 2022 was surprisingly good - he had a 20 PEP due to reaching two Slam finals. Right now he's the only player in ATP history to reach 3 Slam finals without winning one. He's still just 25, another 1998 baby like Stefanos. He's also yet to win a Masters, so perhaps has replaced Andrey Rublev as the guy that is most overdue (with a nod to Berrettini, but Matteo has a much lower floor).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All Rune did was thumb to his four fingers like a puppet talking… mimicking the crowd chirping at him. He got a time violation and then the umpire gave him a code violation for that. Rune said to the umpire, Fine with the time violation, but you’re going to give me a code violation? I used no bad words. Get the tournament umpire. And he sat down and waited. He did nothing wrong, using no foul language. Novak may be in good shape physically, but he’s definitely a whinging curmudgeon with his cranky attitude.
Didnt Novak start yelling at his box , like old times :) men get cranky as they age you know lol!

• Haha
Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MC Men's Singles Final,
Sunday 14th April,
Not before 3pm,

Casper Ruud and Stefanos Tsitsipas will face each other in the final of Monte Carlo
Ruud just got his 1st win over a world No 1 by beating Djokovic to reach the final
Tsitsipas just beat the man that almost noone can beat these days in Jannik Sinner

Casper leads their H2H 2-1, he also won their most recent match this year on a HC.
Both players love the clay.A interesting match up in the final.

Reactions: AnonymousFan