'24 Monte-Carlo Masters, MC Country Club

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm just listening to TC do the recaps, and I know there was talk around here about what Rune got in trouble for yesterday. TC said that Novak told some people in the crowd STFU or something, 3 times, with the F-bomb and didn't in trouble for it? They said it was loud and clear. They were complaining about the lack of consistency in that sort of thing.
Holger was a hundred times worse :

Nice it was clarified Holger not cursing or using obsene gestures was a “lack of respect”.

Sarcasm off.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Barcelona draw is out with both Ruud and Tsitsipas playing. I wonder if either player will withdraw, especially the winner of the MC final

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am leaning towards Ruud winning the title at MC
I was impressed with Ruud's bhand in his match against Novak, usually his weakest shot
Ruud must attack Stef's bhand
Ruud getting his first win over a Top player, Novak, will no doubt be a confidence booster going into tomorrow's final

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think Stefanos wins this Sunday. He handled Zverev and Sinner. Today’s Djokovic he would have downed with little trouble.

Side note: MC is the Djokovic family home. Wife and kids were missing from the box all week. I’ve not heard any news or gossip, but I’ve been a little concerned.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Stefanos wins this Sunday. He handled Zverev and Sinner. Today’s Djokovic he would have downed with little trouble.

Side note: MC is the Djokovic family home. Wife and kids were missing from the box all week. I’ve not heard any news or gossip, but I’ve been a little concerned.
To be fair Sinner got a really bad call? he should have had a double break, in the final set, Sinner didnt carry on, he just accepted the call, even in his press conference he said "everyone makes mistakes, I also make mistakes. It happened, you know, you cannot do nothing anymore, its already past.I mean its tough to accept this, yes, it's a tough one to swallow.
I did see Novak's family, wife and kids at MC, I thought they called Marbella in Spain home these days
I am going for a Ruud win I liked his bhand in his match against Novak, and I feel this win will give Ruud extra confidence going into the final, he does have a H2H 2-1 over Stef.
Novak was far from his best at MC, which to date hasnt been his best tournament on clay over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: nehmeth

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Saw last game w/ Sinner & Tsitsipas! WTH was Jannik doing out there in those dark colors? I'd guess it couldn't have been that HOT! Was it?:slap:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just saw last game w/ Sinner & Tsitsipas! WTH was Jannik doing out there in those dark colors? I'd guess it couldn't have been the HOT! Was it?:slap:
Oh please if you had been watching MC all week, Jannik has been wearing those colors, your point was? LOL!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
To be fair Sinner got a really bad call? he should have had a double break, in the final set, Sinner didnt carry on, he just accepted the call, even in his press conference he said "everyone makes mistakes, I also make mistakes. It happened, you know, you cannot do nothing anymore, its already past.I mean its tough to accept this, yes, it's a tough one to swallow.
Tsitsipas also got a bad call. A shot that was called out was ruled in, and then the judge awarded the point to Sinner, saying Stefanos had a play on it before the call. I never heard a call like that before. Threw his concentration off and he lost his serve. That umpire used to be pretty good. She did not do a good job in that match, for either player.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsitsipas also got a bad call. A shot that was called out was ruled in, and then the judge awarded the point to Sinner, saying Stefanos had a play on it before the call. I never heard a call like that before. Threw his concentration off and he lost his serve. That umpire used to be pretty good. She did not do a good job in that match, for either player.
It is was it is, you have to take the good with the bad in circumstances like this, quite frankly the umpiring has been sub par at MC, in saying that bad calls can happen in any tournament, you have to accept it and move on, like Sinner did.

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
I just fail to understand why they have "hawkeye" but doesn't use it but show it? Just don't show us the failure's....

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ruud has to stop just showing up. He has to start developing game plans and work on his shortcomings as a player if he wants to do anything other than collect runner-up trophies and 250 titles. Dad and team haven’t done anything to try and make his bh side better and more consistent. Time to add some new blood to your team if you don’t want to be known for being able to score the occasional scalp.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and nehmeth

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good for Stefanos. I'm not crazy about him, but when his game is on, it's very pretty. Ruud seems like such a good guy, but it's hard to get to excited about his tennis, for me. I do hope he gets his bigger titles, though.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ruud has to stop just showing up. He has to start developing game plans and work on his shortcomings as a player if he wants to do anything other than collect runner-up trophies and 250 titles. Dad and team haven’t done anything to try and make his bh side better and more consistent. Time to add some new blood to your team if you don’t want to be known for being able to score the occasional scalp.
He doesn’t have the athletic ability to improve much further than where he is. He is more disciplined than most players out there. And he is actually overachieving. Sad to say, as he is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He doesn’t have the athletic ability to improve much further than where he is. He is more disciplined than most players out there. And he is actually overachieving. Sad to say, as he is one of my favorites.
He's one of your favorites because he's such a nice guy? Just asking, because basically that's why I like him. And I agree with you that he's overachieved his talents.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He's one of your favorites because he's such a nice guy? Just asking, because basically that's why I like him. And I agree with you that he's overachieved his talents.
Friendly, personable, good sense of humor. On court he fights with everything he has. He may be outplayed, but always gives his best. I like his serve, his willingness to attack the net rather than just grind.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Friendly, personable, good sense of humor. On court he fights with everything he has. He may be outplayed, but always gives his best. I like his serve, his willingness to attack the net rather than just grind.
Do you think getting a 'new coach' other than his father, can improve things in his game, like getting that bhand to be more consistent for starters?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fun Fact,
Tsitsipas with 3 Monte Carlo titles in the Open Era , has also joined some great clay players with 3 titles at MC,
Borg
Muster
Nastase
Of course Rafa Nadal stands alone with 11 titles at MC.