2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina really knows how to play Iga.
Remember it is a indoor fast clay court, she also is a flat hitter, she directs her shots to Iga's fhand giving her little time to adjust her feet
Lets see how she goes in outdoor conditions like Rome and RG where the conditions suit Iga's style of play. Elena is the current champion in Rome, lets see if she can defend her title, though winning in Stuggart this was her 3rd title on clay

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Remember it is a indoor fast clay court, she also is a flat hitter, she directs her shots to Iga's fhand giving her little time to adjust her feet
Lets see how she goes in outdoor conditions like Rome and RG where the conditions suit Iga's style of play. Elena is the current champion in Rome, lets see if she can defend her title, though winning in Stuggart this was her 3rd title on clay
It really will depend on her mood. I told you once before, that she is one moody chick. When she feels like, she can blow anyone off the court. W/ that being said, the opposite has been happening a bit too frequently. When she's debating the purpose of life, her game is all over place (first serve is absent and timidly sprays the ball).

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Marta Kostyuk is such a Drama Queen, when she losses a point, she bends over and has tears in her eyes, I am really over watching her
Elena too good in the 1st set winning 6-2, her serve is one of her biggest weapons, being a flat hitter on this indoor fast clay court also is a big advantage.
Elena one set away from the title in Stuttgart and that great Porsche car, btw she hasnt got a drivers licence, but I am certain she will get one if she wins the Porsche.
So the UDQ showed up in full force today, eh? Well maybe when TTC gets back to showing tennis I'll be able to watch the replay.

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It really will depend on her mood. I told you once before, that she is one moody chick. When she feels like, she can blow anyone off the court. W/ that being said, the opposite has been happening a bit too frequently. When she's debating the purpose of life, her game is all over place (first serve is absent and timidly sprays the ball).
Players have finally found a way to defeat Iga, it is just they have to do it on a constant basis, there are a few players that can defeat her at RG this year, it will be interesting Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So the UDQ showed up in full force today, eh? Well maybe when TTC gets back to showing tennis I'll be able to watch the replay.
Honestly the Drama Queen was in full force, bending over, tears in her eyes when she lost points, she was never in the match, except near the end of the match she did have BPs, though Elena with her great serve put a end to that lol!

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
We'll never really know for sure, but I feel like Rybakina would have won the French Open last year if not for the mysterious illness. She was coming off a Rome win and had dominated her first 2 rounds at RG.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
We'll never really know for sure, but I feel like Rybakina would have won the French Open last year if not for the mysterious illness. She was coming off a Rome win and had dominated her first 2 rounds at RG.
I disagree, actually the player I thought that could give Iga trouble was Muchova and she took her to 3 sets in the final, Muchova can put balls in places on the court that troubles any player,Shame as Muchova is still out with a wrist injury.and is one player at RG that can give Iga trouble.
Elena has improved on clay, lets see in Rome where she is the defending champion, if she can defend her title
BTW RG is a slower surface than Rome, where the conditions suit Iga better, she can get her feet in position for starters, and her top spin fhand can win points

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Marta Kostyuk is such a Drama Queen, when she losses a point, she bends over and has tears in her eyes, I am really over watching her
Elena too good in the 1st set winning 6-2, her serve is one of her biggest weapons, being a flat hitter on this indoor fast clay court also is a big advantage.
Elena one set away from the title in Stuttgart and that great Porsche car, btw she hasnt got a drivers licence, but I am certain she will get one if she wins the Porsche.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some positive news from Bianca Andreescu,
Bianca announces she will make her return to tennis the week before the French Open and plans to play in the Olympics in Paris

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
WTA Top Ten, Monday 22nd April,

1. Swiatek
2. Sabalenka
3. Gauff
4. Rybakina
5. Pegula
6. Sakkari
7. Vondrousova (+1)
8. Zheng (-1)
9. Jabeur
10. Ostapenko.

New Career highs,
Paolini No 13
Kostyuk No 21

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not surprised,

Alize Cornet has officially announced she will play her last Roland Garros this year and retire immediately afterwards.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marketa Vondrousova has revealed that she is getting a divorce from her husband Stepan Simek, after less than 2 years of marriage.The couple have known each other since childhood

Aryna Sabalenka apparently has a new BF, Georgios Frangulis, race car driver and founder of Oakberry, seen in Madrid arm in arm?