2022 Wimbledon final: Djokovic v. Kyrgios - JOKE POLL

How many of these things will happen in the final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This really is for a laugh and I don't want it to derail the main talking thread. Just think of this as a drinking game for the match. In the US, it might just be coffee, (laced, if you like, or a mimosa,) elsewhere, you're on your own. Feel free to add options for possibilities of erratic behavior, melt-downs, egregious toilet breaks, etc.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
%28R%29__BlackSheep%282007%293.jpg

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I picked all but two:
- ”Novak will out-ace Nick” because I picked Nick to out-ace Novak.
- I can’t imagine an umpire smiling while being dragged onto the dirt and beaten up.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay 2 sets all now in the mens final
Carlos Bernades cant take it anymore signals to the ambulance people to come and take him out.Carlos is now on a stretcher and put in a straight jacket, to be on the cautious side.

Oh Wait Nicks dad and Novak's dad have now appeared on the CC court a first time even the security men have gone home that cant take itanymore.
Nick to Novak.....Have I told you lately you are a first class jackass
Novak....Hey is that a Aussie Compliment... you know I need to be loved by the whole universe?
Nick Get over yourself Dude
Novak I am the Goat of tennis watch it, I thought you loved me, you stuck up for me at the AO
Nick Those days have gone Dude.

Both fathers take their sons aside and give them a good talking too.
.Meanwhile the crowd have also given up on the match and have gone home.
Gerry Armstrong who is the only official left at the tournament has declared it a draw! the first time in the history at the All England Club
There is one condition each player gets to keep a replica of the trophy for 6 months each.
Novak smirks as his father leads him off court.
Nicks dad says to Nick lets go the pub and get wasted!

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I picked all but two:
- ”Novak will out-ace Nick” because I picked Nick to out-ace Novak.
- I can’t imagine an umpire smiling while being dragged onto the dirt and beaten up.
I also picked Nick to out-ace Novak, and also did not pick the ump to crack a smile. It is the Wimbledon final, and no matter what happens, even if it amuses the rest of us, I'm sure it's not going to amuse the chair umpire.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I also picked Nick to out-ace Novak, and also did not pick the ump to crack a smile. It is the Wimbledon final, and no matter what happens, even if it amuses the rest of us, I'm sure it's not going to amuse the chair umpire.
The closest I’ve ever seen an umpire smile was when Safin made that ridiculous challenge in the 08 SF. Begin about 4:55

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The closest I’ve ever seen an umpire smile was when Safin made that ridiculous challenge in the 08 SF. Begin about 4:55

Oh, I remember that one. But the umpires do smile once in a while.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

2:48 is hilarious. "It looked in to me. We shall see" Covers his eyes, watches the Hawkeye and replies "oh shit" :D

The Fognini clip is possibly my favorite in all of tennis. Pascal Maria was nearly pissing himself. The Fog was swearing in Italian...I think he might have gotten fined later. As to Lahyani, he's got a good sense of humor. And the bloody loudest overrule in tennis. But he's a gem.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am expecting both players to behave and no real meltdowns etc. Only picked Nick to outace Novak, Nick tweener and Nick underhand serve. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer