Administrator
Reactions
D2B5A21F-197B-456E-B8F0-B04088B8E9B2.jpeg

9F3AAB52-0CD0-4A2C-A3D7-8913AD04EC02.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Simona Halep, has lost only 28 games en route to the s/finals, the fewest among the semi finalists.Simona's return game numbers have also been impressive, she leads the final four in return games won (54%), her serve has also been strong, she has had the experience at Wimbledon, winning the title in 2019.Simona is a player that can diffuse a power game, she will need it, if she is to defeat Elena Rybakina.

Elena Rybakina, hitting 44 aces in her five wins this fortnight, her total so far this season is 212, she leads all players.
Elena is a tall player, who plays fast and aggressive, with a powerful serve, this is Elena's first ever Grand Slam semi final.
To me Elena has to keep her UFE in check, played controlled aggressive tennis,using her powerful serve, if she has a chance to upset Simona Halep.

I am picking the more experienced Simona Halep, though it would not surprised me if Elena Rybakina breaks through to make her first Wimbledon final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At least Elena is getting some good overhead smash practice she had to hit 3 to get a winner from Halep
Great clean hitting from Elena, gets the early break,not showing any nerves at all.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I picked Elena in 3 earlier and I'll stick w/ that. Simona hasn't really been tested yet. She hasn't played anybody w/ the serve or firepower from the ground like Elena.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What could really mess this up is Elena getting too cute and having multiple brain cramps like that last drop shot where she got passed.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What could really mess this up is Elena getting too cute and having multiple brain cramps like that last drop shot where she got passed.
That was a brain fail with the drop shot from Elena

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That was a brain fail with the drop shot from Elena
Definitely. And she's tried a few other short failed attempts since then. Stop it! Dance w/ the partner that got you here. Big first serve, 1-2 combo and aggressive returning w/ margin. If she does that, she will have Halepino on her heels all day.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If my commie keeps repeating that Halep took Serena off the court when she won the title in 2019, I am going to mute and also throw something at my TV...already told us 4 times already....enough!

• Haha

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
If my commie keeps repeating that Halep took Serena off the court when she won the title in 2019, I am going to mute and also throw something at my TV...already told us 4 times already....enough!
Well, that's part of the hype, no? If she can beat Serena like she stole something, why not this girl? That logic is flawed. Tennis is about surface and matchups. This girl is a bad matchup for Simona. All their matches have gone 3 sets.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, that's part of the hype, no? If she can beat Serena like she stole something, why not this girl? That logic is flawed. Tennis is about surface and matchups. This girl is a bad matchup for Simona. All their matches have gone 3 sets.
At the moment that is the only comment they are coming up with, that match is past tense for starters.They need to do their homework regarding Elena, she is the leading player with Aces on the tour for starters,has easy power off both wings, agree with your thoughts she is a bad match up for Simona, the only thing I was worried about with Elena,she may had nerves in the match, at crucial times in the match, so far so good, as I said before, it would not surprise me if she wins

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
At the moment that is the only comment they are coming up with, that match is past tense for starters.They need to do their homework regarding Elena, she is the leading player with Aces on the tour for starters,has easy power off both wings, agree with your thoughts she is a bad match up for Simona, the only thing I was worried about with Elena,she may had nerves in the match, at crucial times in the match, so far so good, as I said before, it would not surprise me if she wins
And I'm almost certain the nerves will manifest themselves at closing time. I think she'll have a large enough cushion then that she can afford to get a little tight in the decider if it gets there.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Kim Clijsters again reminds me this is the type of play Simona did against Serena, moving her side to side and making her play one more shot....enough Kim I am putting you on mute.

• Wow
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And I'm almost certain the nerves will manifest themselves at closing time. I think she'll have a large enough cushion then that she can afford to get a little tight in the decider if it gets there.
This is Elena's first s/final at a GS, natural that she may get nervy

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This match has become a 'break a thon' in the 2nd set
Elena breaks again, can she hold serve?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would not mind if Elena can break again, to get an insurance break in the match