Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zverev in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My thoughts are when he wins RG, he will play Wimbledon because he knows if Novak falls he may have a opportunity to win a calendar slam plus he hasn't played that much since February

I don’t think he’s worried about Djokovic. The last time they played on grass Nadal almost won despite the roof. But yeah he will try to play in order to win the calendar slam and as you say he hasn’t overplayed in recent months.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW tournament officials did give Rafa a birthday cake off court for his 36th birthday, which is understandable seeing that Zverev retired due to a bad fall and hurt his ankle
Also from what I am hearing from journalist's Rafa went with Sasha when he was getting more treatment off court for his ankle with medical doctors and stayed with him for sometime after the match

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There are many places reporting he is missing Wimbledon. I would think if it wasn’t true his team would have come out and said it wasn’t true by now.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Results for Semifinals Day 13 - Friday, June 03, 2022

1654297001298.png

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There is no reason for team Rafa to add the distraction of whether he plays W or not until after Sunday.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rafa is still on the entry list for Wimbledon, so as I said before lets wait till after RG is over and get confirmation from Rafa

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sasha just came on via twitter and said that the injury is serious and doctors are still doing tests etc, and will keep everyone updated
He also said it was a good match against Rafa till he fell over and wished him well to make more history in the final.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Dont get me started about that close roof at SW19

I couldn't have been more proud of Novak winning that match over 2 days after being "in the weeds"/woods for over a year and a half losing to the likes of Marco Cecchinato in Paris and M. Chung "down under!" He also had lost Queens tourney final to Cilic after having a match point! It was an amazing feat for him to "rise from the ashes" to capture his 4 Wimbledon; later going into USO as #6 seed to defeat Del Po in the final! :astonished-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sasha just came on via twitter and said that the injury is serious and doctors are still doing tests etc, and will keep everyone updated
He also said it was a good match against Rafa till he fell over and wished him well to make more history in the final.
Definitely doesn’t sound like Wimbledon is on the cards.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was one of the worst , harrowing things i've seen on a tennis court in 43 years i been avid follower of. Real bad luck for the germen. Let's hope the injured ankle gets healed in time for Wimbledon.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That was one of the worst , harrowing things i've seen on a tennis court in 43 years i been avid follower of. Real bad luck for the germen. Let's hope the injured ankle gets healed in time for Wimbledon.
It was horrid to watch him fall over and twist his ankle, by the sound of his voice on twitter, saying it is very serious you can cancel him out of Wimbledon, he could be out for many months.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It was horrid to watch him fall over and twist his ankle, by the sound of his voice on twitter, saying it is very serious you can cancel him out of Wimbledon, he could be out for many months.
It was just horrible to watch. Something is either torn or broken. It's a shame especially since he was playing his best clay court tennis to date

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer