Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rune in five sets

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The most surprising Grand Slam match-up of the year so far. Although this is the most surprising Grand Slam match-up of the year so far, Ruud has faced Rune this year. In fact, this will be their 4th career meeting overall (all on Clay) with Ruud winning all three matches and winning all six sets.

Obviously, this is their 1st Slam Quarterfinal appearance plus it is a HUGE opportunity for both players to reach their 1st Slam semifinal.

It should be an interesting match for the battle of the Scandinavians!

I just want to add a quick stat: Before Holger Rune won his maiden ATP Tour title (BMW Open) about a month ago, he was ranked 70th in the world. If he wins this match, he will be ranked 20th in the world next Monday. Talk about a meteoric rise in the rankings!

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Casper Ruud for me, he has found his game on the clay finally,after a few sup par clay tournaments.
I am still out on Rune,he might be talented, though he has shades of temper tantrums aka Shapo in his last tournament before RG.
So far he has kept his emotions in check,hopefully it stays that way.According to him he can beat almost any here at RG, okay then,he is not backward in coming forward the 19 year old.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm going Rune. I even though I did see him fade somewhat during the Tsitsipas match. Ruud is more reliable, but has less game, if you ask me. Let's see if the kid steps up...I'd love to see it. And I hope I get to watch, if only to hear the umpire navigate the naming difficulties. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In their last match in MC, Rune let Ruud off the hook in both tightly contested sets. Holger is familiar with Ruud’s game enough that he won’t be intimidated. Hopefully Rune is young & stupid enough to play fearlessly.

The Danish Viking in 4 sets.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This kid is a bit obnoxious though. He wants the umpire to come down and check just about every close call and he aims for the lines. The umpire, she says no, I'm not coming down. The lines person called it out, it's out.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This kid is a bit obnoxious though. He wants the umpire to come down and check just about every close call and he aims for the lines. The umpire, she says no, I'm not coming down. The lines person called it out, it's out.
Typical antics from the Brat Teenager, he was doing the same thing in the tournament before RG.
The Ghost needs to put him back in his place and quick
The Brat teenager expects all his shots to be in and called in, good luck with that Kid

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Ghost routs the Brat Teenager in the t/break 76(2) and now leads 2 sets to one

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
At least they both are playing at a relatively great level, this is a great opportunity for them both, and it is good to see the moment not get to either of them.

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Demanding stop being soo nice to the Brat, I have other adjectives btw :)
Talent maybe one thing, but antics at age 19 whatever, to me, is a complete Turn Off.He needs to grow up and quick
Maybe he will. We've had other difficult teens over the years. Didn't they mature?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
When Rune decides to grow up and not be a Brat, I might reconsider him on my youngster list

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
trouble for the kid. 0-40. Casper can break and serve for the match