2022 NBA Finals

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So in a huge game the Warriors beat the Celtics to surge ahead 3-2 , with the remaining 2 games to be played at Boston and then San Francisco. Curry was held to zero 3 pointers , yes you heard that right. 0-9 for three point shot attempts.

That snapped a Nadal-like 132 straight NBA post season games where he’s scored at least one 3 pointer. But again it doesn’t matter as they bested Boston 104-94.

The odds aren’t great that Stephen will be that flat out cold for two straight games, hoping the Dubs can bring the trophy home in six.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You have to think he'll go nuts in the Garden. Just imagine if he's going bonkers and we get Game 6 Klay as well? Dubs in 6.. I hope!

Reactions: Jelenafan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You have to think he'll go nuts in the Garden. Just imagine if he's going bonkers and we get Game 6 Klay as well? Dubs in 6.. I hope!
Can you believe last night was actually the 3rd year anniversary of Klay’s ACL injury in the NBA finals game 6 versus the Raptors? It took 2 1/2 long years to get fully back ( add torn Achilles during rehab) , shows you how things can turn on a dime.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Can you believe last night was actually the 3rd year anniversary of Klay’s ACL injury in the NBA finals game 6 versus the Raptors? It took 2 1/2 long years to get fully back ( add torn Achilles during rehab) , shows you how things can turn on a dime.
if they win in this interim period before the likes of Moody and Kuminga are fully embedded it spells doom for the rest of the league!

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wiggins was incredible that last game, and it bodes well for the future to see Kuminga and Moody developing. But dang it warmed the heart to see ( for the last time?) Curry, Klay, Green & Iguodala together again get this champ after all the Warriors have gone through since the 2019 Finals. This was a coaching masterpiece Kerr did with all his injured and returning players for this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Being a huge Steph fan I'm loving the re-assessment of the whole KD saved the Warriors trope. That always got on my nerves. One of the talking heads (who I loathe) actually brought up a question that I've wanted answered for ages.... "what if a lesser star had been brought in instead of KD?" The idea that KD was essential is patently false in my view. He's fantastic, was fantastic. But the idea that the dynasty was stalled and they would never have been able to beat the Cavs again was utter bullshit. They lost the game because Draymond was suspended and they lost the momentum in that finals. Let's not start saying that a fully loaded Warriors team would never have been able to handle the Cavs again. That makes no sense at all. That said, I do feel a bit sorry for KD. Or at least I did until I heard (and who knows if this is true or not) that he was pre-emptively asking people "what if the Warriors lose these finals? What would that then say about the whole KD/Steph debate?" That was low in my book. And shows that he must have been praying for them to lose. And his public postings seem to indicate that's the case. For example look at this...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiero425 Other Sports 0
J Other Sports 31
Kieran Other Sports 127
Federberg Other Sports 4
Moxie Other Sports 34