Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Ash Barty's drought-breaking AO win smashed television ratings records, with a peak audience of 4.261 million and an average audience of 3.577 million.

I'm so happy for you guys! Aussie dominance even in their own event hadn''t occurred since the days of Newcombe/Edmonson & Turnbill! :popcorn

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Barty is a breath of fresh air. She’s such a competitor, great at shot selection, so honest in her efforts. No off court whining about how tough it all is, no on court attempts to upset her opponent. Was so delighted to see her win. Great tournament for Collins as well. And very great to see Evonne Cawley present the trophy!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Good one here, except perhaps for the use of background music...

She’s rapidly becoming my favourite women’s tennis player. Along with Emma, who I admire so much for the way she’s handled herself since last Wimbledon. For me, it’s all about their demeanour, how they handle themselves, both on the court and off it. Ash is a great ambassador for the women’s game, and she’s only gonna improve, I think. She has that glint in her eye…

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow ! Did Shriver really say this?

Barty leaves egg all over American tennis icon’s face after extending rankings lead-​

Ash Barty ain’t going nowhere, Pam.

The Australian Open champion remains on top of the newly-updated WTA rankings after saluting in front of her home crowd on Saturday night.

Barty has been the world’s number one ranked player for more than two years and will continue that streak well into 2022 despite a prediction from US tennis icon Pam Shriver her days were numbered.

“I feel like Ash Barty, as great as she is, I don’t see her as being on top for 154 consecutive weeks,” Shriver said in early January. “She’s so solid, but I just think someone else is going to step up.”

Barty (8331 points) sits a whopping 2633 points clear of second-placed Aryna Sabalenka (5698) after improving on last year’s quarterfinal finish at Melbourne Park.

Barbora Krejcikova (5533) moved up one place into third after making her first Australian Open quarterfinal, while Iga Swiatek (4456) jumped five places to fourth after making the semis.

Garbine Muguruza, who Shriver tipped as the most likely to usurp Barty, took the biggest dive, falling four places to seventh after losing in the second round.

But that was nothing compared to the free-fall former world number one Naomi Osaka has undergone.

Last year’s Australian Open winner lost 1870 ranking points after losing in the third round and dropped 72 places to now sit 86th in the standings.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow ! Did Shriver really say this?

Barty leaves egg all over American tennis icon’s face after extending rankings lead-​

Ash Barty ain’t going nowhere, Pam.

The Australian Open champion remains on top of the newly-updated WTA rankings after saluting in front of her home crowd on Saturday night.

Barty has been the world’s number one ranked player for more than two years and will continue that streak well into 2022 despite a prediction from US tennis icon Pam Shriver her days were numbered.

“I feel like Ash Barty, as great as she is, I don’t see her as being on top for 154 consecutive weeks,” Shriver said in early January. “She’s so solid, but I just think someone else is going to step up.”

Barty (8331 points) sits a whopping 2633 points clear of second-placed Aryna Sabalenka (5698) after improving on last year’s quarterfinal finish at Melbourne Park.

Barbora Krejcikova (5533) moved up one place into third after making her first Australian Open quarterfinal, while Iga Swiatek (4456) jumped five places to fourth after making the semis.

Garbine Muguruza, who Shriver tipped as the most likely to usurp Barty, took the biggest dive, falling four places to seventh after losing in the second round.

But that was nothing compared to the free-fall former world number one Naomi Osaka has undergone.

Last year’s Australian Open winner lost 1870 ranking points after losing in the third round and dropped 72 places to now sit 86th in the standings.

Pam Shriver is usually full of 'dribble' :)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Pam's mouth is why she's stayed on TV for so long! She's willing to go that extra mile to embarrass herself & tennis making comments like this! :facepalm:
If I could vote to have just one commentator taken off air, it would be Shriver. Remember when she wouldn’t leave James Blake alone during his match years ago?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
If I could vote to have just one commentator taken off air, it would be Shriver. Remember when she wouldn’t leave James Blake alone during his match years ago?

Hmmm, refresh my memory! Remember I'm old as $#!t about to be blown away I'm so dry! OTTH I can't remember any Blake matches besides that loss to Agassi up a couple sets to love at the USO! Call me "Mr. Negative!" :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :-)2:lulz1::popcorn

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Hmmm, refresh my memory! Remember I'm old as $#!t about to be blown away I'm so dry! OTTH I can't remember any Blake matches besides that loss to Agassi up a couple sets to love at the USO! Call me "Mr. Negative!" :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :-)2:lulz1::popcorn

I can’t find a video on YouTube, but you can read about it here.

Reactions: Fiero425

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions

sadly she started appearing on Tennis Channel a lot late last year lol