Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Like her mentor Evonne Goolagong, Ash Barty won her three singles slams in the same sequence:.RG, Wimbledon and Australian Open.

Great seeing Goolagong @ the awards ceremony for Barty!! What is she 70? Looks great! You must be so proud! Almost a clean sweep w/ dubs! ;-)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Great seeing Goolagong @ the awards ceremony for Barty!! What is she 70? Looks great! You must be so proud! Almost a clean sweep w/ dubs! ;-)
Indeed,it was a sweet surprise for Evonne to show up and present the trophy....for Ash

Reactions: Fiero425

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vince, you never saw this post from previous threads? It's been a running commentary at least the last 2 years. :lulz1:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
No , never heard of him.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Two highlights videos exist now however video #2 - a 15 minute length - may not play outside of AU.
It's on Wide World of Sports youtube.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Did anyone of these players ever congratulated Osaka on her Aussie win.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Osaka lost respect after her antics.I hope Barty surpasses her in the slam count.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Madison Keys can learn a lot from Barty about pride in heritage.Barty embraces all parts of herself and is not ashamed of her genetics.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I seriously believe she'll do it.
I read an interview Chris Clarey did with Barty's coach regarding the USO,Craig said it was the tennis balls used at the USO that were too light,it really does not help Barty and her style of game.We could sneak our balls over to the USO noone would notice lol!

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I read an interview Chris Clarey did with Barty's coach regarding the USO,Craig said it was the tennis balls used at the USO that were too light,it really does not help Barty and her style of game.We could sneak our balls over to the USO noone would notice lol!
She'll adapt. If she were "all but the French," I'd worry about it, but she started there. I have no doubts she'll get there.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She'll adapt. If she were "all but the French," I'd worry about it, but she started there. I have no doubts she'll get there.
If Ash can win on dirt a surface she dosent like,and she adapted,she can adapt to the light balls,

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Ash can win on dirt a surface she dosent like,and she adapted,she can adapt to the light balls,
That's what I'm saying, plus, she has years to do it. No one thought Rafa would get the USO, way back when, but with better reason. Ash has a lot of Slams in her, and the USO is on the cards, I'm sure.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That's what I'm saying, plus, she has years to do it. No one thought Rafa would get the USO, way back when, but with better reason. Ash has a lot of Slams in her, and the USO is on the cards, I'm sure.
Hopefully,I think she has a great game for the grass,which is her fav slam and court