• Williams in 3

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
MM,
You think Serena comes back to Auz? I don’t know. I think it depends on what happens the rest of 21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM,
You think Serena comes back to Auz? I don’t know. I think it depends on what happens the rest of 21

I dont know,lets see what happens for the rest of the year,I still think Serena has a good chance at Wimbledon.I really thought if she won AO this year and tied Court,she might retire and have another baby? she will be 40 this year.

Reactions: kskate2

Hoergren

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Osaka impressive win
Osaka win.jpg

Hug.jpg

message.jpg

matchstats.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Did I hear someone from the audience shout " I can't breathe". Poor taste.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I could not believe my eyes Sofia Kenin was in the crowd,she has just had her appendix out on Monday.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I would be soaking up that sun too. In no hurry to come back to cooler weather here

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I would be soaking up that sun too. In no hurry to come back to cooler weather here

Besides, w/ a recent surgery I wouldn’t be running to board an extra long flight. Is she presenting the trophy to the winner?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Besides, w/ a recent surgery I wouldn’t be running to board an extra long flight. Is she presenting the trophy to the winner?

I have no idea who is presenting the womens trophy,I will try to find out.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I could only watch intermittently, but this one felt like a changing of the guard to me. There was talk of that at the USO a couple of years ago, but this did really feel like it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think we have to remember that HC is Osaka's best surface,her games is not suited to clay,she hasn't done that well on grass or Wimbledon so far.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I think we have to remember that HC is Osaka's best surface,her games is not suited to clay,she hasn't done that well on grass or Wimbledon so far.

It’s a footing thing w/ her. She swings a lot more freely when she’s sure of her step. We’ll see if Wim can build her confidence with the other surfaces

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s a footing thing w/ her. She swings a lot more freely when she’s sure of her step. We’ll see if Wim can build her confidence gif the other surfaces

She needs to practice with her slide on clay for certain,to me she is not that confident ending points at the net,a useful tool for grass court play.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh My.........this is from a tennis journalist I follow who was in Serena's press conference

Serena was asked what she felt caused her bad performance today? was it the Unforced errors? or just a bad day at the office.Serena said I dont know.
She started to cry and then left the press conference.Serena will not be coming back to finish the press conference

From Tumaini Carayol.

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh My.........this is from a tennis journalist I follow who was in Serena's press conference

Serena was asked what she felt caused her bad performance today? was it the Unforced errors? or just a bad day at the office.Serena said I dont know.
She started to cry and then left the press conference.Serena will not be coming back to finish the press conference

From Tumaini Carayol.

The very low fine that they impose is peanuts for the Williams sisters and other multislam winners. There were occasions were they didn't even bother to show up at the presser and just paid the penalty.

There is nothing wrong with the question per se. But if the tone and/or body language is condescending then it is a different story.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The very low fine that they impose is peanuts for the Williams sisters and other multislam winners. There were occasions were they didn't even bother to show up at the presser and just paid the penalty.

There is nothing wrong with the question per se. But if the tone and/or body language is condescending then it is a different story.

Serena was in tears before that question by the way,Craig Gabriel who I know from Sydney tournaments felt horrible after asking the question,when Serena said she didnt know and left.I think with everything on the line today with Serena trying to make the final and another chance to win and tie Court's record. we can give her some slack.It has nothing to do with fines by the way..

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Serena never stood a chance against Osaka. Naomi just cofirmed that her win in USO when Serena had a meltdown was not coincidence. Osaka will be a 10+ slam winner if she stays healthy. So glad for her, the girll has guts.

Reactions: britbox

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena was done in by her draw..the Sabalenka match took lot out of her and her matches with Halep always have her running.I am not defending her but the draw and her scheduling of her qtrs vs Osaka left me scratching my head.The aussies and the tennis powers that be want to keep Margaret Court as the standard..the scheduling of the qtrs gave me USA Open 2011 vibes.Osaka was scheduled daytime and Serena played evening when the courts were slower because they knew Halep will make her run.She is older and recovery takes longer...I know that Osaka seems sweet and all but I still feel her first win against Serena had a lot of something behind it.Her father knew that beating Serena prime time is a ticket to riches.
I am very intuitive and believe that Serena knows thats what happened remember she grew up in Miami where there is a lot of spiritual practices going on from santeria to voodooism.
This morning when I was praying just knew that Osaka was winning this match.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Osaka on hard courts in big events has been the top lady these past three years. She has proven it and may end up with her fourth hard court slam since the 2018 US Open--quite impressive. She is young, and like Serena, will come around on grass and clay me thinks. Her service and forehand are real weapons.