Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sandgren in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've been rooting for someone to beat Sandgren all tournament. I'm sure Roger will get the job done, hopefully in 3.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sandgren came ripped AF. He used to have extra weight or at least it seemed like that. Looks like majority of tennis fans didn't want to see him in this QF. Strange how he only shows up his best tennis in AO, looks like a confidence player.

But I think he could potentially be a tougher opponent for Fed than Fognini who never managed to win more than a few games against Fed. Still Fognini Fed QF sounded about right with Fognini being seeded. Like this Fed's road to SF looks a bit like a joke, but again that's how the draw unfolded. Not sure how much it is working in his favour. Sometimes you need tougher opponents for you to get tougher as well and work on your game. His game is looking weak despite the result, that is what I wanted to say.

Fed in 4 sets.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I've been rooting for someone to beat Sandgren all tournament. I'm sure Roger will get the job done, hopefully in 3.
Im with you , Fed in 3.
Why rooting against Tennis?;)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
They'll have Metallica blasting on Enter Sandgren as his entry song :D

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Tennys apparently carrying an injury w/ MTOs and taping in the Fognini match, Federer in 3

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tennys apparently carrying an injury w/ MTOs and taping in the Fognini match, Federer in 3
Completely fogot about this, I was watching the match. It was entertaining. Pity that Fognini could not take it to 5th. There was some really high level tennis played at times and MP was insane. Sandgren really stepped up in that last game.

Sandgren was moving fine the whole match, but yeah the tape is there and he might not be fully fit for the next match. We'll see.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I have not watched a lot of Sandgreen. But, I did watch portions of his match with Fog. As already noted, he is definitely overweight. But, interestingly despite being a big man, he moves really well on the court. I don't know about his injuries. Even if so, it is not affecting him as he was really playing well against Fog and moving well in the fourth set. So, I would not worry much about the injuries.

However, this is the first item Tennis is facing the Legend. So, he should donate the first set due to Aura. Once that happens, Fed being a front runner should be able to finish in three.

I just hope Sandgreen does not retire in the middle and is able to play as well as he could.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
But I think he could potentially be a tougher opponent for Fed than Fognini who never managed to win more than a few games against Fed. Still Fognini Fed QF sounded about right with Fognini being seeded. Like this Fed's road to SF looks a bit like a joke, but again that's how the draw unfolded. Not sure how much it is working in his favour. Sometimes you need tougher opponents for you to get tougher as well and work on your game. His game is looking weak despite the result, that is what I wanted to say.

Assuming Fed reaches SF, it is true that he never faced even one seeded opponent along the way. However, I am not worried about that due to two reasons.

1. At his age, it is always better to get to the business end of the GS with lot of energy left in.

2. It is not like he was not tested at the same time. It is not like he won all the matches in straight sets. He lost a set to Fucs. He almost lost the match to Milkman. I think that is a fine balance between not getting tested at all and facing really tough opps and losing all mental and physical energy before the business end.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Im with you , Fed in 3.
Why rooting against Tennis?;)
Always root for tennis, but cannot root for Tennys. I'm guessing you know why, based on the wink.

Reactions: Bonaca

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer to win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. Federer’s luck just never ends, what a stupid draw. Heck with opponents like this even most members on this forum could have reached the quarterfinals. :negative:

Reactions: Andy22

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer to win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. Federer’s luck just never ends, what a stupid draw. Heck with opponents like this even most members on this forum could have reached the quarterfinals. :negative:
He'd better get through this one quickly and hope that Novak gets some trouble from Raonic. That's his best chance to cap Djokovic after. Look, the top half of the draw has always had more danger in this one. Draws aren't "stupid," they are merely statistical possibilities. This one has pretty much always looked to the clash of #2 and #3.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Federer been lucky he's whole career winning 13 majors without having to play both Djokovic and nadal:eek: while only winning 7 of them by beating the other big 3 members if you switch it around its only [4] Djokovic [7] nadal I can see why people call Federer fake goat of course I don't call him that he's one of the greatest of all time even these stats.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer been lucky he's whole career winning 13 majors without having to play both Djokovic and nadal:eek: while only winning 7 of them by beating the other big 3 members if you switch it around its only [4] Djokovic [7] nadal I can see why people call Federer fake goat of course I don't call him that he's one of the greatest of all time even these stats.
No one wins 20 Majors by luck. You and Nadalfan2013 have an inclination to buff each other up on utter horse shit. It's trolling, and it's boring. There are fine points within, but are completely lost on the two of you. #getaroom.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
No one wins 20 Majors by luck. You and Nadalfan2013 have an inclination to buff each other up on utter horse shit. It's trolling, and it's boring. There are fine points within, but are completely lost on the two of you. #getaroom.
that's a fact Federer won so much without playing nadal and Djokovic not trolling at all its only that if its false stats not real ones, also don't care how boring you think my posts are also if read my posts I said Federer one of the greatest players of all time anyway sally much?:cuckoo: but federer been lucky he's whole career not backing off at all even with a crazy lady like you telling me too.