Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Serena in 3

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am going for a run,though I will post some interesting stats of the win for Bianca

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I am going for a run,though I will post some interesting stats of the win for Bianca

The most interesting stat is about their second serve. Second serve is supposed to be weak for BA. But, she won 39% of pts off her second serve while restraining Serena to 30% success on second serve.

The main point is her determination and undaunted pursuit of victory despite biased crowd making huge noise. That is not captured in any stats.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I couldn't watch the match, so I decided to stalk you all. You were all a nice company in the live chat :) My internet speed was usually "ship slow" so I kept switching between livescores and your comments. It's embarrasing they don't show at least finals of USO on NBC, instead they had horse racing and yesterday was Ninja warrior finals (which btw is not that bad to watch when you only have free to air channels)

I really tought Bianca was not going to hold there at 5:5 and when she held that game still tought she will lose in the TB and there will be a good fight in the 3rd. The kid showed guts coming up like that the whole match and winning tight at the end.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks to Hoegren who has put up the match stats on a previous page,

Back soon with some interesting facts in the match....I am full of sweat lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I couldn't watch the match, so I decided to stalk you all. You were all a nice company in the live chat :) My internet speed was usually "ship slow" so I kept switching between livescores and your comments. It's embarrasing they don't show at least finals of USO on NBC, instead they had horse racing and yesterday was Ninja warrior finals (which btw is not that bad to watch when you only have free to air channels)

I really tought Bianca was not going to hold there at 5:5 and when she held that game still tought she will lose in the TB and there will be a good fight in the 3rd. The kid showed guts coming up like that the whole match and winning tight at the

end.

Today the game is 80% mental.....Bianca is a street fighter to me,like Rafa in so many ways.....she never gives up if you can find highlights of the match she played with the Swiss Miss Bencic she was down 2-5 in the 2nd set and came back to win.That to me is a mark of a Champion player

Reactions: Double Bagel

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca becomes the first player to win the US Open on main draw debut

Bianca has not lost a completed match since March 1st is now 45-4 this year and on a 14 match winning streak

At 19 Bianca is Canada's first ever Champion in singles.Join Monica Seles as one of two players to win maiden major in fourth appearance.

There is more though it is 10.30am here I need to eat breakfast lol!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Today the game is 80% mental.....Bianca is a street fighter to me,like Rafa in so many ways.....she never gives up if you can find highlights of the match she played with the Swiss Miss Bencic she was down 2-5 in the 2nd set and came back to win.That to me is a mark of a Champion player

I just did, both SF and F highlights. She's amazing, really fights for every ball. Some tennis blogger on FB also posted this 45-4 she has this year. What a jump from the year before! If she keeps her head straight and stays injury free more or less she should be lifting many more GS trophies.

I'm looking forward to some new rivalrlies in next years between Osaka, Andreescu, Kenin and Gauff.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just did, both SF and F highlights. She's amazing, really fights for every ball. Some tennis blogger on FB also posted this 45-4 she has this year. What a jump from the year before! If she keeps her head straight and stays injury free more or less she should be lifting many more GS trophies.

I'm looking forward to some new rivalrlies in next years between Osaka, Andreescu, Kenin and Gauff.

Good to see these younger players,like you mentioned in your post....they have no fear,\\which is great to see....WTA has great depth at the moment,I hope it continues.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Oops sorry no I will not I happen to be impressed with her game,sad for her at the moment with the sudden passing of her dad.
Yes, she had to withdraw from the USO due to that. I really thought she would have made a big impact if she would have played.