Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Serena in 3

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Before the tournament started I did I bracket and I picked Rafa to win on the Men's side and Bianca on the Women's side. I am sticking with those selections. Bianca in 3 sets.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Bianca has what it takes to beat Serena. Bianca has power, spin, finesse and brains. Whether she can actually deliver when it matters is a different story, But, I am picking her in three sets (after all she is three set queen).

Her weakness is second serve. Hopefully it won't be as bad as tonight and if so, she will win.

That will make four straight final losses for Rena. That would sting. But, I can't help it.

But, Rena will some day will win her 24th.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Serena is going to snatch the match from Bianca.The Canadian will almost win but right at the end Serena will snatch the match away...just a hunch.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not much love for Serena on the predictions. I want Andreescu to win but pick Serena to get the final cobwebs dusted off and take the crown.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Not much love for Serena on the predictions. I want Andreescu to win but pick Serena to get the final cobwebs dusted off and take the crown.
Serena's old enough to be Biannca Andreescu mother and age will be a factor if it goes 3 sets.. Serena's serve will be the difference. If the big first serve is booming, it will give Serena's confidence a huge boost..The big serve allows Serena's game to have more "space" meaning that it opens up the court for her combos(combinations for short points). Serena's game will struggle if she has to win everything from the baseline because Biannca is a baby Hingis from the baseline but doesn't posses her soft hands around the net, yet but she has soft hands from the baseline if that makes sense.. I can't predict this one but it's either big 1st service or Else.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I voted for Bianca just for the happiness...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Serena's old enough to be Biannca Andreescu mother and age will be a factor if it goes 3 sets.. Serena's serve will be the difference. If the big first serve is booming, it will give Serena's confidence a huge boost..The big serve allows Serena's game to have more "space" meaning that it opens up the court for her combos(combinations for short points). Serena's game will struggle if she has to win everything from the baseline because Biannca is a baby Hingis from the baseline but doesn't posses her soft hands around the net, yet but she has soft hands from the baseline if that makes sense.. I can't predict this one but it's either big 1st service or Else.

So, either Serena in 2 sets, or Andreescu in 3? Do you think Serena could win it in 3, or does she have to do it in straights?

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I don’t know. It could go either way depending on if Serena actually shows up and puts up a fight. That is probably the most disappointing thing in her recent losses just showing up with no fight even in the loss. In the past, she has put up a fight at least in her losses, but lately a bunch of nothing.

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I'm nervous. The past 3 finals I was all for serena, but I just don't know which serena is going to show up. All I'm hoping for is a good competitive match and the better player to win...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
So, either Serena in 2 sets, or Andreescu in 3? Do you think Serena could win it in 3, or does she have to do it in straights?
Tented, I can never under estimate what’s in Serena’s heart..If she is not physically worn out which she shouldn’t be because she has had a cake walk so far..I would give the edge to Serena. Serena has the innate ability to sermon that mighty 1st serve late to close out the match. Bianca is like Rafa, her game is built to take away her opponents legs and conditioning..as evident vs Benic ..Poor Benic got worn down that she was severely gassed late in the 2nd set.. I am hopeful Serena will have all her weapons especially the Hammer

Reactions: tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some fun facts before the final,

Serena Williams,the greatest player of all time,will take on the best breakout story in tennis in 2019,Bianca Andreescu for the US Open title in 2019.

Bianca Andreescu is the first woman to reach the final in her first appearance in the main draw at Flushing Meadows since Venus Williams did it in 1997.

Serena Williams won the title 20 years ago.Bianca Andreeescu in her first ever US Open main draw and she was not born when Serena first won.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Hoping Serena wins because she’s running out of chances.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some fun facts before the final,

Serena Williams,the greatest player of all time,will take on the best breakout story in tennis in 2019,Bianca Andreescu for the US Open title in 2019.

Bianca Andreescu is the first woman to reach the final in her first appearance in the main draw at Flushing Meadows since Venus Williams did it in 1997.

Serena Williams won the title 20 years ago.Bianca Andreeescu in her first ever US Open main draw and she was not born when Serena first won.

Navratilova is the greatest female player of all time imo.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Evert, Martina, Graff....they all can be considered as the greatest female player...but badass Williams ? ohf no my God, no way, the greatest moaner maybe

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That's exactly why many of us hope she loses :p
The so called Us as you say ( Let's be honest, it's has all to do with that most of you all that has anything against a competitor like Serena's game is because of an obvious racist's bias) nothing more nothing less. )

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Navratilova is the greatest female player of all time imo.
Navratilova is the greatest overall greatest female player (singles, women and mixed doubles) ever but Serena's game is the greatest female singles player EVER..Nuff Said..Go ask Cahill..he said without winning #24 & 25 Serena is..It's not even a debate..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That's exactly why many of us hope she loses :p
This time I am not going to attack the post but the poster. Front you are exactly what is wrong with this world. You are gutless, clueless, brainless, dishonest, and offer no value to humanity. I can't believe that you have any friends and someone like you need to be in charge of kitchen detail at maximum security prison..You Never offer any tennis strategic views but come up with ridiculous hypothesis of PEDs of all the players but again chosen to ignore the obvious.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The so called Us as you say ( Let's be honest, it's has all to do with that most of you all that has anything against a competitor like Serena's game is because of an obvious racist's bias) nothing more nothing less. )

You have serious issues. I've seen numerous posts from your where you've accused people of being racist for absolutely nothing. It has nothing to do with that ffs. I just don't think she's the best female player I've ever seen by a country mile based on her career results and nothing more. I'm not gonna bother replying to your other personal post cos it's fucking retarded. Lots of people here don't like Serena Williams. I used to years ago but I don't anymore. That's all there is to it and none of the other horseshit you posted.