Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raps in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The Raps are a likable team. Major redemption for Lowry who has had a lot of bad playoff runs. Siakam is going to be a star. And I have to admit, as great as I knew Kawhi was I underestimated him. I thought with the injury and the fact he was no longer on the Spurs that he'd take a step back. Pops and that organization are truly the gold standard, they just currently don't have the talent to compete. But Kawhi is way better than I thought. Joins Kareem and LeBron as players to win Finals MVP with 2 different teams. Pretty good company
And to think he's gotten better since he won the first MVP. He was still a kid in 2014. Did you see those pics they were showing last night (he had such a babyface)

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
And to think he's gotten better since he won the first MVP. He was still a kid in 2014. Did you see those pics they were showing last night (he had such a babyface)

He's gotten a lot better. With KD out and LeBron an old man who plays no defense in the regular season, maybe Kawhi is the best player in the league going into next season? In retrospect he really seems to have coasted a bit this year and the Raps held him out of 20+ games.

It is still going to be a very interesting offseason. Kawhi, AD's landing spot, Kyrie, Beal, etc. The fact that there is no KD next year is big since that means the Knicks will remain irrelevant. And with Klay out most of next season the Warriors will definitely struggle. So if Kawhi goes to Clippers they look like favorites. Denver will be there too and Lakers will be up there only if they land Davis. Out East if Kyrie leaves which seems likely and Kawhi leaves which is now much less likely it'd really come down to Bucks and 76ers most likely and I'd definitely favor Milwaukee as of now. If only Kawhi's shot against 76ers didn't fall...

Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I know. That's the shot of postseason. Even more so than Dame's shot against OKC. Let's say he went to the Clips. Who would they give up to get him?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I know. That's the shot of postseason. Even more so than Dame's shot against OKC. Let's say he went to the Clips. Who would they give up to get him?

Nobody, they have space for a max contract and even more. They could potentially be a juggernaut next year especially with Golden State's misfortune.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

It does make me wonder if there has ever been a situation like that where someone hits a series winner in an early round game 7 and the team goes onto win the title. I figured they were spent, especially when Milwaukee raced out to 2-0 lead. They found their best form at the right time.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Nobody, they have space for a max contract and even more. They could potentially be a juggernaut next year especially with Golden State's misfortune.
Clips got to playoffs w/o a superstar on their team. Impressive. That's a really good showing out West. It would take him to a big market city. Although he doesn't strike me as someone that needs to be in a big city.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Clips got to playoffs w/o a superstar on their team. Impressive. That's a really good showing out West. It would take him to a big market city. Although he doesn't strike me as someone that needs to be in a big city.

It's his hometown though.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm going to be fascinated to see if he leaves Toronto. Word is he's recently bought some property there. It could be for investment purposes but he could be staying.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I'm going to be fascinated to see if he leaves Toronto. Word is he's recently bought some property there. It could be for investment purposes but he could be staying.
Kawhi said he has not bought a house..."yet". Read into that what you will.
As far as that Game 7 buzzer beater, I think for the Philly guys, that ball is still bouncing on the rim and they are waiting...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Kawhi said he has not bought a house..."yet". Read into that what you will.
As far as that Game 7 buzzer beater, I think for the Philly guys, that ball is still bouncing on the rim and they are waiting...
it wouldn't shock me if he bought it for investment purposes. Toronto and Vancouver seem to have taken over from London as the hottest property markets for capital flight from China.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's his hometown though.
Not all of those hometown reunions go well. Bron came home won a title and left. Wade come home, didn't do much besides deteriorate and then went back to MIA. Rose started his career here and then his level dropped off.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Not all of those hometown reunions go well. Bron came home won a title and left. Wade come home, didn't do much besides deteriorate and then went back to MIA. Rose started his career here and then his level dropped off.

That's true, just depends on the person. Though I'd say LeBron's homecoming went alright and Wade was ancient and D-Rose hurt. Leonard is just 27, he's going to be great for quite awhile yet and hopefully it's on a team out West :D

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
LOL! This is floating around FB
b9597c4a0a0229858949db9db6d39236.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 88

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

Lol! That's fair. I'm a Kawhi fan. Very happy for him. Deserved. And he certainly made a statement to the Spurs. I can imagine him saying so Pop can hear... "f--k the system! I'm my own guy!"

Still I have to say... it would have been something if Steph had drained that 3 at the end. We all know that the Raptors were going to close it out in Toronto. Shame the last play at Oracle was a dud..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
But Kawhi is way better than I thought. Joins Kareem and LeBron as players to win Finals MVP with 2 different teams. Pretty good company
Kawhi goes one better. Won Finals MVP with 2 different teams and so far the only player to win them in different conferences. :clap:

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kawhi goes one better. Won Finals MVP with 2 different teams and so far the only player to win them in different conferences. :clap:

Guess I forgot Bucks were part of Western conference when Kareem won it with them.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Well if he goes to Clips he could win it with 3 different teams. Same for Bron but that team needs a lot more help and he can't drag a team to 50 regular season wins anymore with the way he plays defense

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Kawhi is staying guys, at least for a couple more years. Darth, Bucks better be ready for the Raps in next year's conference finals.

I think LA is a great city. I will buy his rich ass a flight there just to remind him.

Sad to say I think you're right.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

They do GOT stuff every year with NBA it seems. This will probably be the last year they do it sadly. End of an era.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Federberg Other Sports 2
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 19
britbox Other Sports 4
britbox Other Sports 365
DarthFed Other Sports 613