• Bautista Agut in five sets

• Tsitsipas in three sets

• Tsitsipas in four sets

• Tsitsipas in five sets

Results are only viewable after voting.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haven't voted yet, but something nagging me about this match... Want Stefanos to win and he'll go onto bigger and better things than RBA but getting shades of Fed/Sampras when Roger lost to Henman in the next round.

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Couldn't properly see RBAs match with Cilic but Tsit has a poor ROS so I like RBAs chances a lot since hitting through him with these heavier balls will be very tough

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You always have to be wary of the emotional burnout for Stefanos after his big moment. It's very typical and always happens. I favor him to win as he's simply the better player, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's emotionally drained and just loses in a flat performance.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Even though most my predictions have been quite shitty lately, I am going with RBA in 3. I thought he would dispatch Cilic easier but it went to five, even if in the bits I saw it was pretty high quality stuff, and I expected less from Cilic.

Tsitsipas is playing well but he still needed four hard fought sets to beat a player who was donating a ton of points. RBA will donate none. Tsitsipas is flashier, prettier, younger, but RBA is simply playing better. it is not that he is solid, he is playing quite good offensive tennis too.

Add to the that the emotional burnout mentioned above and good 3 and out is in the cards.... unless Tsitsipas finds another gear, specially on serve. His first serve percentage is too low and his second serve is not that special. A good returner will give him all sorts of trouble.

Reactions: HSD and tented

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I favor him to win as he's simply the better player.

"Historically" speaking, yes, but I don't know if you have seen RBA playing in 2019. It impressed me a lot. I saw most of his win against Kachanov and he played great (plus two other almost full matches). Had he played with a mask with Federer's or some other more glamorous player face on it people would still be talking about that match. Not to mention all the other good wins he had this year, including over Djokovic.

But... I see now that most bad predictions I made this year were too strongly based on "current/immediate" form instead of "historical leval" (funny to say that about a youngster), so I may be well of the mark again. But check out some RBA 2019 highlights (if you didn't already), whatever you see there I guarantee you he is doing it quite regularly.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
"Historically" speaking, yes, but I don't know if you have seen RBA playing in 2019. It impressed me a lot. I saw most of his win against Kachanov and he played great (plus two other almost full matches). Had he played with a mask with Federer's or some other more glamorous player face on it people would still be talking about that match. Not to mention all the other good wins he had this year, including over Djokovic.

But... I see now that most bad predictions I made this year were too strongly based on "current/immediate" form instead of "historical leval" (funny to say that about a youngster), so I may be well of the mark again. But check out some RBA 2019 highlights (if you didn't already), whatever you see there I guarantee you he is doing it quite regularly.

I have not seen RBA play this year. I want him to win as he'd be the easier match-up for Rafa on paper, so I hope you're right.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RBA is playing better than ever and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tsitsipas would lose . By the way this guy usually gets very bad when he lose, he seems to be a spoiled brat

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Wish he would play wearing a mask 'cos his stupid looking face annoys me and please don't compare a pusher/retriever to Federer. No offense but RBA has a godawful game to watch, simply pushing to the corners and waiting for the opponent to miss every damn match B-)

Anytime Cilic walloped the ball hard cross court RBA looked lost and had no answer. He just needs someone to not allow him to play that horrible game and just blow him off the planet with shots as hard as a ton of plutonium.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
RBA is playing better than ever and I wouldn’t be surprised if Tsitsipas would lose . By the way this guy usually gets very bad when he lose, he seems to be a spoiled brat

Should be a good one to watch so. Spoiled princess versus spoiled brat.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Wish he would play wearing a mask 'cos his stupid looking face annoys me and please don't compare a pusher/retriever to Federer. No offense but RBA has a godawful game to watch, simply pushing to the corners and waiting for the opponent to miss every damn match B-)

Anytime Cilic walloped the ball hard cross court RBA looked lost and had no answer. He just needs someone to not allow him to play that horrible game and just blow him off the planet with shots as hard as a ton of plutonium.

Ugh, never meant to compare RBA to Federer. What I meant is that once a player gets a "reputation' no matter what he does in court the commentary does not change. I do not think RBA was ever a classic "pusher" but anyway I really think his game has changed for the better. Also don't like the guy but that is one thing and what I see on court is another. Rooted hard for Kachanov on their match a couple of days ago and I have to admit that the guy played fucking well and deserved the win, and he definitely did not play a pusher game that day. Today against Cilic I just catch points in between Federer's match (both matches were shown on TV here), and what I saw was also not a pusher's game.

But be sure I am not a fan...

Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I was very disappointed Khachanov didn't win as he has a much more exciting game to watch and would've been much more likely to push the top players than RBA imo.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

lob

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
ST might have letdown. I hope he doesn't. The first guy to play solid aggressive tennis in a very long time.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Tbh I don't expect Tsitsipas to win sadly. In reality RBA should be physically exhausted by now after 3 straight grueling 5 setters but he'll likely be fresh as a daisy when they play.

Reactions: Andy22 and DarthFed

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have not seen RBA play this year. I want him to win as he'd be the easier match-up for Rafa on paper, so I hope you're right.
Rafa will beat either of the two, and pretty straightforwardly.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ST might have letdown. I hope he doesn't. The first guy to play solid aggressive tennis in a very long time.
I sure hope you are WRONG ! Has it been announced if this will be a day or night scheduled QF ?