Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kvitova in 3

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm very interested to see how Naomi carries the moniker of #1. Will she rise to the challenge or succumb to the target on her back

Reactions: Vince Evert

Fefe26

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
I know this is a bi early, but do we think that naomi can catch Serena or past Serena or court's slam record?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Finally; a player has won back to back majors! What have we gone; 8 majors w/ 8 different players! Wow, is that depth or inconsistency? :facepalm:

Well, you can't have it both ways pal... bemoaning the lack of players stepping up to the plate in ATP and then calling inconsistency with the spoils shared around in the WTA. I would call it depth though... Hsieh Su-wei pushed Naomi early on in the tournament... it's not like the 80s when Nav was feeding bagels and breadsticks to anybody outside the Top 8.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well, you can't have it both ways pal... bemoaning the lack of players stepping up to the plate in ATP and then calling inconsistency with the spoils shared around in the WTA. I would call it depth though... Hsieh Su-wei pushed Naomi early on in the tournament... it's not like the 80s when Nav was feeding bagels and breadsticks to anybody outside the Top 8.

It's called an inquiry to get feedback, not to bemoan or kvetch! I still don't pay much attention to the ladies' game though I like Osaka! :rolleyes:

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Well a bit harsh to call Milos a cheat for this. It’s more the umps job really. What soderling did against Nadal, that was some real attempted cheating.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's called an inquiry to get feedback, not to bemoan or kvetch! I still don't pay much attention to the ladies' game though I like Osaka! :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think Osaka made a lot of friends out there today. It was a good match. Petra played her role too, she was a break down and 0-40 facing championship points in the second set. Clawed it back and took the set. Osaka looked on the rack for a while, but reset and came back strong in the decider. Rollercoaster of match. Lots more to come from Osaka...

Reactions: Hoergren