Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kvitova in 3

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well a bit harsh to call Milos a cheat for this. It’s more the umps job really. What soderling did against Nadal, that was some real attempted cheating.
that was pretty clear cut mate. You can tell that Raonic knew he did wrong as he looked at the umpire immediately. It's unsportsmanlike. Rule of thumb for me... if you know what you're doing is wrong and you don't own up to it, you're a cheat.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
That Raonic one against Del Po was one of the most shameless examples of cheating I can remember. Not like I would be a fan anyways but uhh that made me dislike the big man a bit more.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, you can't have it both ways pal... bemoaning the lack of players stepping up to the plate in ATP and then calling inconsistency with the spoils shared around in the WTA. I would call it depth though... Hsieh Su-wei pushed Naomi early on in the tournament... it's not like the 80s when Nav was feeding bagels and breadsticks to anybody outside the Top 8.
Hsieh actually outplayed Osaka from start of the match all the way to 4-1 in the second, then visibly puffed out (she is 33 I think?). It was weird as Hsieh has no power herself but just redirected Osaka’s powerful shots for winners with incredible accuracy. Osaka really had no answers and didn’t have other options, but she did well to weather the storm until a fragile Hsieh burnt out. In comparison Osaka simply outhit the big hitters (Serena, Vika etc).

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Osaka is just a breath of fresh air in the WTA.
thanks well said.

RE the above presser vid. I'm not sure if the video/audio is playing at the correct speed/ It seems a tad slow to my ears. What do others think ? Is it slow. Does it bother you ?

Over on youtube it's not uncommon and I do often come across various videos on music movies and interviews where the speeds are either slow or fast and have installed a software easy to learn freebie program called FREE SPEED VIDEO to alter the speeds.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
thanks well said.

RE the above presser vid. I'm not sure if the video/audio is playing at the correct speed/ It seems a tad slow to my ears. What do others think ? Is it slow. Does it bother you ?

Over on youtube it's not uncommon and I do often come across various videos on music movies and interviews where the speeds are either slow or fast and have installed a software easy to learn freebie program called FREE VIDEO to alter the speeds.

Sound is fine to me as well

Reactions: Vince Evert

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulation to Naomi for bucking the trend and giving respectability to WTA.

I did not watch it live. But, I went in to a bubble (cut off myself from news and computer) and watched it "live for me" mode, thanks to encore presentation by ESPN this morning at 9 a.m. This way I got my sleep and also suspenseful "live for me" presentation. I might try that tomorrow for the men's event also (as I don't have a dog in the fight).

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You've really got to query how much time some people have on their hands to turn those comments into an issue.

Maybe that's how it looks to you but I believe in this case, it is justified. In the bigger picture, Since taking over the rights from SEVEN for the tennis, C9 has been very ordinary (to put it mildly). Jones in the anchoring role through the two weeks, his lack of knowledge on the sport has been obvious. In contrast his Seven network counterpart Bruce McAvaney was by far a superior host and avoided the silly light hearted off the cuff questions, baring in mind Bruce background is Horse Racing and Australian Rules Football, Next year Nine would do well to replace Jones. Is C9 also taken over the australian tv rights for Wimbledon ?

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
At this AO surely there were many interesting match-ups and matches on the women's side. Men's side had very few interesting match-ups and/or compelling matches.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Final set action of the championship final is available. Good to have the ESPN version as an alternative (For me anyway). Also featuring the great Chris Evert as one of the callers.

While i'm at it, hey where can i find and read about what the tv ratings were like in the US regarding some of these tennis games? I Love reading up and researching stuff like that, hehe.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At this AO surely there were many interesting match-ups and matches on the women's side. Men's side had very few interesting match-ups and/or compelling matches.
Well if you wanted a lot of interesting matchups, some of the boys juniors matches were great.....and was better tennis than WTA matches, if you can get over the ‘branding’....most people can’t, only the real tennis fans do.