2018 NBA Playoffs

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny listening to some of the pundits. They seem to think that the fact it took GSW 7 games to deal with Houston they'll be sluggish in game 1. Absurd. Lebron is at far greater risk of that seeing as he seems to be carrying his team. I know I shouldn't listen to people like Cowherd but sometimes I can't help myself :facepalm:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah LeBron played 46 minutes in game 6 and all 48 in game 7. Both played game 7's on the road so the only real difference is LeBron's playing time and the guy is the whole team.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I also had to restrain myself when I heard several pundits, including Max Kellerman saying that the Dubs were lucky that Houston choked away 27 attempts at 3s in a row. So now one can be lucky that your opponent is a choker? FFS...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...not-attend-game-7-due-deviated-septum-surgery

Kyrie is a funny dude. Everyone knows the REAL reason is that he didn't want to face LeBron if he won and on the flip side he didn't want to see his new team make the finals without him. He was in a lose-lose situation and chose the third option.

It will be interesting next year if it becomes Tatum's team already. We know Kyrie can't handle being Robin so he may bounce or ask to be traded after next year.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah but to not show up to your team's game 7 at home? I wonder if there are still people out there that defend what he did to the Cavs after last season? He wanted his own team and its going to be short lived.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...not-attend-game-7-due-deviated-septum-surgery

Kyrie is a funny dude. Everyone knows the REAL reason is that he didn't want to face LeBron if he won and on the flip side he didn't want to see his new team make the finals without him. He was in a lose-lose situation and chose the third option.

It will be interesting next year if it becomes Tatum's team already. We know Kyrie can't handle being Robin so he may bounce or ask to be traded after next year.
Every team in the league would be tryin to land Kryie..Danny Ainge isnt a fool

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Every team in the league would be tryin to land Kryie..Danny Ainge isnt a fool

For cheap. I certainly wouldn't give up too much for him given his injury history. I also suspect that the Cavs did him a big favor sending him to a great team and great coach in Boston. If he tries to get out of Boston because he is no longer the #1 option I think a lot of good teams would pass.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
For cheap. I certainly wouldn't give up too much for him given his injury history. I also suspect that the Cavs did him a big favor sending him to a great team and great coach in Boston. If he tries to get out of Boston because he is no longer the #1 option I think a lot of good teams would pass.
I would give up the entire house and the ranch for Kryie..if it wasn’t for him the Dubs would be going for a 4 peat..

Darth, think about it. Kryie is the best pure “closer” in the NBA since his mentor Kobe Bryant.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I would give up the entire house and the ranch for Kryie..if it wasn’t for him the Dubs would be going for a 4 peat..

Darth, think about it. Kryie is the best pure “closer” in the NBA since his mentor Kobe Bryant.

LOL, let's just agree to disagree. Kyrie had a few great games to help LeBron take down the Warriors once. But remember what he was before Bron came to town? And he just skipped game 7 at home, why do you think that was? The guy is just selfish. Let's see how it plays out next year with Tatum maybe being the top dog soon. Wouldn't be surprised if Boston tries to trade him and then his career will fade IMO.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL, let's just agree to disagree. Kyrie had a few great games to help LeBron take down the Warriors once. But remember what he was before Bron came to town? And he just skipped game 7 at home, why do you think that was? The guy is just selfish. Let's see how it plays out next year with Tatum maybe being the top dog soon. Wouldn't be surprised if Boston tries to trade him and then his career will fade IMO.
Sure..Kryie cannot lead a team to the promise land like Lebron but if he is healthy and all conditions are true..he is a pure asassian as I mentioned about Kobe, Byrd or Jordan. KD at times can be one but not every night. Most Dubs fan were extremely elated that he jumped ship from the Lebron’s influenced Cavs team.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Sure..Kryie cannot lead a team to the promise land like Lebron but if he is healthy and all conditions are true..he is a pure asassian as I mentioned about Kobe, Byrd or Jordan. KD at times can be one but not every night. Most Dubs fan were extremely elated that he jumped ship from the Lebron’s influenced Cavs team.

Well they should be happy Kyrie isn't there or that LeBron has no team this year, but they likely won't if LeBron goes to Philly or Houston. Ironically the Cavs that made the finals last year with Kyrie probably would've won this series, even if it is the same Warriors team this year personnel-wise they are playing at a much lower level on both ends of the floor IMO. And Durant played the best ball of his career in the finals last year too.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well they should be happy Kyrie isn't there or that LeBron has no team this year, but they likely won't if LeBron goes to Philly or Houston. Ironically the Cavs that made the finals last year with Kyrie probably would've won this series, even if it is the same Warriors team this year personnel-wise they are playing at a much lower level on both ends of the floor IMO. And Durant played the best ball of his career in the finals last year too.
No.Lebron and Oct17 thru Fed 18 Cavs or even last year Cavs would be able to defeat these Warriors. KD, the splash bros and Draymond rose to a different level in OT in game 1 just like they did last year..Game 2 will be a blow out by da DUBS.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I agree with AP. That was a soul crushing loss for the Cavs, and JR is going to be a mess after that. Unless the Dubs are criminally complacent they surely have to improve from game 1. Can't believe KD can be that weak sauce again. The way JR got that rebound from him was a disgrace quite frankly. Also Steph looks like he's going to get really deadly. Not having to deal with Kyrie could just unleash him, no matter how they try to target him

Reactions: the AntiPusher

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
No.Lebron and Oct17 thru Fed 18 Cavs or even last year Cavs would be able to defeat these Warriors. KD, the splash bros and Draymond rose to a different level in OT in game 1 just like they did last year..Game 2 will be a blow out by da DUBS.

The OT was about the wind being knocked out of Cavs sails after JR clowned them. I don't think the Warriors suddenly turned a corner not that they need to. Their C game will still take this series in 5 at most.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hey Darth. Just getting excited about NBA again... been a long time. Last time was the Lakers team 2000-2002. Never forgave the Kobe and the Lakers for dumping Shaq. Now Kobe's gone and Lebrons in town... Exciting times ahead.

But when I really liked NBA was the 80s with the Magic/Bird rivalry. They used to show it on Channel 4 in the UK. Was always a huge fan of the Magic man, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Green and the Showtime Lakers.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey Darth. Just getting excited about NBA again... been a long time. Last time was the Lakers team 2000-2002. Never forgave the Kobe and the Lakers for dumping Shaq. Now Kobe's gone and Lebrons in town... Exciting times ahead.

But when I really liked NBA was the 80s with the Magic/Bird rivalry. They used to show it on Channel 4 in the UK. Was always a huge fan of the Magic man, Kareem, Worthy, Cooper, Green and the Showtime Lakers.

I hear you man. I grew up in the 90's so the glory days of 1980's NBA was before my time but I've seen plenty of videos and replays of games and those guys were amazing.

I never liked Kobe that much, his rank is highly overrated by many. There are many fans, former players, and analysts that think he is up there with Jordan and ahead of everyone else and I'd say they're off their rocker.

And yes, he screwed the franchise over by basically saying it's him or Shaq. They could've won another couple rings together before Shaq became washed up. But with that said Kobe was a great, great player and he helped keep the league somewhat interesting when MJ retired, and it was really the end of an era when he retired, moreso than anyone since MJ retired from the Bulls (the second retirement).

I'm excited to see how LeBron does with LA mostly because it is going to be a huge adjustment for him. He now has two very very very true point guards in Ball and Rondo so it seems he is serious about playing off the ball significantly more. And also, somewhat related to that, the Lakers do not have a lot of shooters and they are very young, so it's going to be a much different ball game than the last 15 seasons. And to top things off LeBron probably can't coast for large parts of the season without risking the Lakers missing the playoffs. Realistically even he knows they can't compete with Golden State this year without another star on the team.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Jamaal “ smooth as silk” Wilkes was my Laker.

I picked up on the Lakers in the UK just as he was out of the door, round about 84, 85 ish... it was all Magic/Bird on our coverage. In fact, you'd think only the Lakers and Celtics clubs existed in the NBA at that point.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24668720/nbarank-2018-19-1-10-best-players-season

ESPN ranks the top 50 NBA players before every season. A lot of the rankings of 11-50 were pretty awful but I figured they'd get the top 10 close to right but it too is ridiculous. I love Giannis but putting him as a tie with Durant is nuts. I hate Westbrook but I'd still have him above Giannis and I'd have Anthony Davis ahead of him too. Also putting Harden above Durant is hilarious. Durant is clearly #2 to me but at least there is a good argument for Steph. You have to heavily take playoffs into consideration and Durant is the only one even remotely close to cancelling LeBron out by himself.