2017 Wimbledon Championships - Men

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The reality is - now they're in a time crunch to get the women's matches completed because all 4 men's quarters are tomorrow and they need the court for that. And really - nobody wanted to see that match anyway. LOL!

Just saw the schedule and shock of shock - Murray gets to play first again and get the most rest for his SF IF he wins his match. The favoritism they show Murray never ceases to amuse me.

Won't matter if Roger gets to the final, Murray will get tuned. My concern is Federer actually making the appointment. Not worried if he gets there, but I hear you. I think most slams favour the home players

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
If the Madrid clay is faster than the Wimbledon grass - then why did Nadal catch a plane back to Mallorca today? I guess the answer would be because it's still grass and it's still green?
Maybe...or maybe Nadal is allowed to lose every now and then on every surface, like everyone else. You obviously understand when I exaggerate though, right? ;-):

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
ROTFLMAO. Man...if you're going to talk the "unsexiest" of the top 10...Sorry...I'm gonna have to say Raonic is the least sexy. At least he's stop slicking back his hair...but that's all I can say in his favor...

Let's all remember that when a man makes his first million, his sexiness level is irrelevant for many women.:rose:

Reactions: Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Listen. It's not like I have a variety of choices this fortnight. Delicious went out early. Of the eight studs left in the draw, I'm sorry but not a whole lot to look at there. Good thing I watch purely for the tennis. :lulz2:

Ah come on, there's still Gollum! My precious :D

lKKrq32.jpg

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
ROTFLMAO. Man...if you're going to talk the "unsexiest" of the top 10...Sorry...I'm gonna have to say Raonic is the least sexy. At least he's stop slicking back his hair...but that's all I can say in his favor...
As Front so eloquently called him Gollum, he's not much to look at either, but at least his face his clear. Wawa is in desperate need of some Acne10.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Results from the Wimbledon Gentleman's Singles Round 16 matches on Tuesday

upload_2017-7-11_17-49-51.png

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
As Front so eloquently called him Gollum, he's not much to look at either, but at least his face his clear. Wawa is in desperate need of some Acne10.

That's kind of mean considering Stan doesn't actually have acne, he's just scarred presumably from having bad cystic acne as a kid.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hard not to see Murray, Fed, Cilic and Novak coming through this round.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Think you might be talking about "real tennis". Lawn tennis - i.e., the modern version - was designed by an English gentleman in the 19th century I believe

I'm not going to feel back about going on a ramble about the history of tennis, because this thread is about to become obsolete, with the QF threads, etc., and since folks about been on about the relative good looks/sexiness of players, and how twins get produced. :lulz2:

The history of tennis is a bit of a long and winding road, and there isn't really one specific English fella who gets credit for the modern game. (There's even a Spanish guy who teamed up with an English guy to form the first tennis club.) And just to be careful about "real" tennis...it means "Royal tennis." Not, for example, as opposed to that fake stuff they play on clay. Anyway, it's all well and good, but the original surfaces were grass and clay, and I don't see prizing the usurper HC over clay. Like everyone else, I give grass/Wimbledon its historic veneration, even if the modern game doesn't venerate it, in the sense of keeping much of any grass in the calendar. I'm just saying that there is no reason to dismiss clay as a vestigial appendage. Of the two, grass is.
I don't think many Fed fans were that fearful about Rafa at this tournament Moxie. Fearful of the draw, absolutely. But, and I dare to speak for the brethren, if our boy got to the finals against your guy this time, we would have been rubbing our hands gleefully expecting revenge for '08. I think recent evidence justified our confidence. What scares us is getting there, Roger has a murder row to navigate...

I was mostly talking about Darth and Front who were freaking out about the surface, because Nadal was also having a good year. But you can read back over the thread: a lot of your brethren admitted to actual fear of Nadal. I don't think you're in the majority.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That's kind of mean considering Stan doesn't actually have acne, he's just scarred presumably from having bad cystic acne as a kid.
You're calling me mean? I'm not the one who wishes certain players would lose at every turn. Besides, do you even know what Acne10 is?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're calling me mean? I'm not the one who wishes certain players would lose at every turn. Besides, do you even know what Acne10 is?

More than true. I've always thought we can be a bit mean to the tennis players, as they're public figures. I do think we should be cautious about being mean to each other, though. Which is why I was complaining about it, of late, though not to you.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not going to feel back about going on a ramble about the history of tennis, because this thread is about to become obsolete, with the QF threads, etc., and since folks about been on about the relative good looks/sexiness of players, and how twins get produced. :lulz2:

The history of tennis is a bit of a long and winding road, and there isn't really one specific English fella who gets credit for the modern game. (There's even a Spanish guy who teamed up with an English guy to form the first tennis club.) And just to be careful about "real" tennis...it means "Royal tennis." Not, for example, as opposed to that fake stuff they play on clay. Anyway, it's all well and good, but the original surfaces were grass and clay, and I don't see prizing the usurper HC over clay. Like everyone else, I give grass/Wimbledon its historic veneration, even if the modern game doesn't venerate it, in the sense of keeping much of any grass in the calendar. I'm just saying that there is no reason to dismiss clay as a vestigial appendage. Of the two, grass is.

I was mostly talking about Darth and Front who were freaking out about the surface, because Nadal was also having a good year. But you can read back over the thread: a lot of your brethren admitted to actual fear of Nadal. I don't think you're in the majority.

Oh they had a fear of Nadal winning, not a fear of him beating Roger. As I said Roger has a devil of a draw

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Worried about the shoulder. He needs to play three best of three matches in four days.

That's a pretty cheeky assumption :p If Roger beats Raonic you're hoping Novak beats him in 3 sets?! Wouldn't bet too much on that happening! Now it'll be a very tough match on paper for both but can't see it being a 3 set match unless TMF shows up. Then it might be ! But on this surface I doubt it.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Is Stepanek still in the doubles?

Has he recovered from his back surgery? Meant to do some googling before the tournament started but forgot. Hoping he's back playing well soon. When healthy he's still very good. Kind of what I was hoping to see from Haas on his last year but sadly never materialized.