Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
How the hell is Kevin Durant as dominant as Lebron?

It's not that far fetched to put KD above LeBron based on his scoring ability. Personally I'd still put LeBron above KD, LeBron has really retooled his game after looking like he was on the downside a couple years ago. He isn't as athletic as before and that hurts but his shooting and experience has made up for it. Also it's clear he can't be a beast on defense and offense for 40+ minutes for a whole season or even a postseason. He's still a good defender but not like before, simply can't be great on both ends with his mileage.

Id say KD is the only player in the same universe at this point but if you go around the league to draft one player and leave age out of the conversation I think all of them are selecting James without much thought.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's not that far fetched to put KD above LeBron based on his scoring ability. Personally I'd still put LeBron above KD, LeBron has really retooled his game after looking like he was on the downside a couple years ago. He isn't as athletic as before and that hurts but his shooting and experience has made up for it. Also it's clear he can't be a beast on defense and offense for 40+ minutes for a whole season or even a postseason. He's still a good defender but not like before, simply can't be great on both ends with his mileage.

Id say KD is the only player in the same universe at this point but if you go around the league to draft one player and leave age out of the conversation I think all of them are selecting James without much thought.

There has been an argument since 2014 about Durant being a potentially more skilled basketball player than Lebron. With him becoming such a two-way player, there's certainly a case. But more DOMINANT? Absolutely not.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty sad that GSW are leaving Oakland. Bit of a slap in the face for the Oaktown fans that supported them through all the bad times... although not nearly as pissed about it as the Raiders leaving town.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
There has been an argument since 2014 about Durant being a potentially more skilled basketball player than Lebron. With him becoming such a two-way player, there's certainly a case. But more DOMINANT? Absolutely not.

I see it the opposite. He and everyone else isn't close to being as skilled all around as LeBron. But what Durant does do; putting up points at an extremely efficient rate, is obviously a huge impact on the game. There is no stopping that man, I thought LeBron played great defense on him in game 2 and it didn't matter. Too fast for normal 7 footers to guard and too tall and long for guys like Leonard and LeBron. Considering LeBron's size and athleticism KD might be the only wing player in history that can just shoot over the top of him at will.

I will say one thing that isn't so crazy: Giannis might end up being the guy that can slow KD down, he has that same size and length and is more athletic. Once he becomes a better on-ball defender he will be very tough to score against. But even then KD is a skilled dude, it isn't all about shooting over the top of defenders but presently that's a big part of why he is unstoppable.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pretty sad that GSW are leaving Oakland. Bit of a slap in the face for the Oaktown fans that supported them through all the bad times... although not nearly as pissed about it as the Raiders leaving town.

Agreed, that's pretty brutal to lose the best team in the NBA and one of the best in the NFL.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I like Steph actually, best shooter of all time by a good margin and underrated aside from that. But calling it how I see it, Durant was the one that made this a beatdown. And if we are talking overall then Steph is clearly not as good as LeBron or KD.
Can't compare Step with a 6-9 freight train in LBJ and a 6-11 stretch forward..Step doesnt have the jumping ability or the athleticism that a Westbrook, Drose or john Wall..However Step is tremendously gifted ball handler and shooter..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
BB,, Oakland has a very incompetent Mayor and city council.. With all those silcon valley billionaires and they cant keep their own sports teram

Reactions: golds girl

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Lebron is still in his prime years.. He has a better jump(set as we call it in street ball) than he did the past 7-8 years. Really Darth, if you put him on a team like the Spurs whereas he wouldn't have to stretch himself or expend so much energy to do everything, he would have a bigger presence on defense. Lebron needs a few more wing guys to compete with the Dubs. If you recall on the other board discussion about the playoffs not championship.. I mentioned that the Warriors was a better team not only because of Durant but off the bench they have about 4 young guys(Ian Clark,McCaw , Mcadoo ) that are wing players.. So if you add Livingston, Klay, Eagle Dollar, Barnes, Draymond and Durant.. nobody can match these guys playing small ball.. Even if Bogut was available for the Cas,,he was just a big stiff that is a brutally fragile as Samuel Jackson character in Unbreakable, the chump is made of glass(heck you know that Darth, you had him in Milwaukee first). Trading Love for Paul George plus another wing and the Cavs will be back .

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Lebron is still in his prime years.. He has a better jump(set as we call it in street ball) than he did the past 7-8 years. Really Darth, if you put him on a team like the Spurs whereas he wouldn't have to stretch himself or expend so much energy to do everything, he would have a bigger presence on defense. Lebron needs a few more wing guys to compete with the Dubs. If you recall on the other board discussion about the playoffs not championship.. I mentioned that the Warriors was a better team not only because of Durant but off the bench they have about 4 young guys(Ian Clark,McCaw , Mcadoo ) that are wing players.. So if you add Livingston, Klay, Eagle Dollar, Barnes, Draymond and Durant.. nobody can match these guys playing small ball.. Even if Bogut was available for the Cas,,he was just a big stiff that is a brutally fragile as Samuel Jackson character in Unbreakable, the chump is made of glass(heck you know that Darth, you had him in Milwaukee first). Trading Love for Paul George plus another wing and the Cavs will be back .

I agree. The obvious move is to shop Love. The risky, yet possible move is to also shop Uncle Drew. The team needs to load up on defense and if they got a couple good two-way players for those guys they'd maybe fare better vs. GSW.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree. The obvious move is to shop Love. The risky, yet possible move is to also shop Uncle Drew. The team needs to load up on defense and if they got a couple good two-way players for those guys they'd maybe fare better vs. GSW.
Lebron will Never leave da Dude aka Uncle Drew..i wrote about that earlier

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Lebron will Never leave da Dude aka Uncle Drew..i wrote about that earlier

LeBron is no fool, if he thought a trade involving Irving would make the team better I think he'd be all over it. Uncle Drew is a damn good scorer but that's all he is.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
LeBron is no fool, if he thought a trade involving Irving would make the team better I think he'd be all over it. Uncle Drew is a damn good scorer but that's all he is.
That's true he doesn't make the team better..not a facilitator like Chris Paul or Westbrook

Reactions: kskate2

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think Russ is going to Cleveland. I doubt they even shop Kyrie but it's not that surprising if they do. They might go hard for Paul George

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think Russ is going to Cleveland. I doubt they even shop Kyrie but it's not that surprising if they do. They might go hard for Paul George
No no.. Keli was just making a comment bout Russ.. OKAY..since you so keen on exploring the thought of trading uncle drew, Chris Paul and Djordan swapping for Kryie and Tristin Kardashian ..would you take that trade

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Murat Baslamisli Other Sports 58
britbox Other Sports 280
kskate2 Other Sports 27
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15