• Cavs in 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the Dubs broke Lebron and the Cavs will.. this may be a sweep!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I was on the road last night and didn't get back until it was over, but watched the highlights on ESPN. Apparently it was closer (like 13 pts), but got blown up late in the 3rd. These finals aren't even competitive. I should feel bad for the Cavs, but I don't. I remember all those times the Bulls were winning playoff games vs. the Lebrons and w/ 2-3 minutes left he would just go on a tear and steal the win away from Chicago. I guess it's kind of poetic that Lebron doesn't control the fate of this series.

Yep, not even he is good enough to beat some of these Western giants on his own. And this year it's not even going to be close despite having Kyrie and Love healthy. Fair or not the Finals record of 2-5 will follow him around and unless he betters it with another ring or 2 he probably won't climb that all time list. I personally have him as #6 as it stands and he might not get higher than that.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
I was on the road last night and didn't get back until it was over, but watched the highlights on ESPN. Apparently it was closer (like 13 pts), but got blown up late in the 3rd. These finals aren't even competitive. I should feel bad for the Cavs, but I don't. I remember all those times the Bulls were winning playoff games vs. the Lebrons and w/ 2-3 minutes left he would just go on a tear and steal the win away from Chicago. I guess it's kind of poetic that Lebron doesn't control the fate of this series.

Yep, not even he is good enough to beat some of these Western giants on his own. And this year it's not even going to be close despite having Kyrie and Love healthy. Fair or not the Finals record of 2-5 will follow him around and unless he betters it with another ring or 2 he probably won't climb that all time list. I personally have him as #6 as it stands and he might not get higher than that.

Lebron really should have ONE ring that was aided primarly by Dwade. The 2nd ring should have never been allowed to be in his cabinet because the Spurs coach was a complete idiot to have Duncan on the bench and no One to block out Chris Bosh(my grandmother God rest her soul , could have done a better job) who kicked the ball out to Jesus(Shuttlesworth) aka Ray Allen who subsequently knocked down that game tying jumper during game 6. Game 7 the Spurs NEVER showed up.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well this is a little known secret: aside from Lebron's first year with the Heat he did not have a good team around him come playoff time. Wade's knees were shot by the end of the seasons and Bosh was never a great fit. That team had weaknesses all over the place and that's why Lebron left. So with that said I think there's been just two finals where his team wasn't badly outmatched, the Mavs and the Thunder. Lebron choked away the Mavs series and he played awesome in the 1st Spurs series to steal it away. People make a big deal about the Ray Allen shot but Lebron got them back in that game singlehandedly.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Nice statement game by Cavs to avoid the broom. I still think this is over in 5.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Yep, but at least this makes game 4 interesting. Who knows, it might be a repeat of the Cavs-Raps series where the better team won the first 2 home games in blowouts and then shockingly lost both road games. It will either be 5 or 6, I don't see Golden State losing potentially all 3 games in Cleveland.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Oh for the record, this year they have reverted back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format for the finals and not the 2-3-2 they had been using for a number of years.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, the Cavs certainly improved immensely last night with their own 30+ point victory! Friday night will be monumental for Cleveland. If they win, they really need to win decisively--a gut wrenching win will only give more confidence to the Bay area boys. Still likely the Warriors win in six.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
ha! You beat me to it! Now we have a game!

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I still think Warriors in 5 but this may end up being a duplicate of Cavs - Raptors series except in reverse where the superior team wins 2 home games decisively and everyone thinks sweep and then suddenly it goes back 2-2. That "could" happen and even if it does I think GS wins game 5 easily and then takes care of business in game 6. So either 5 or 6.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Oh for the record, this year they have reverted back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format for the finals and not the 2-3-2 they had been using for a number of years.

Tonight, I expect that Step will control the ball by driving to the lanes, dishing in the paint to get the "BIGS" going, and shooting the ball over 20 plus times . Klay will also shoot over 20 times.. Yes, the CAVS will get a full doze of the Splash Bros 2night.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Well this is a little known secret: aside from Lebron's first year with the Heat he did not have a good team around him come playoff time. Wade's knees were shot by the end of the seasons and Bosh was never a great fit. That team had weaknesses all over the place and that's why Lebron left. So with that said I think there's been just two finals where his team wasn't badly outmatched, the Mavs and the Thunder. Lebron choked away the Mavs series and he played awesome in the 1st Spurs series to steal it away. People make a big deal about the Ray Allen shot but Lebron got them back in that game singlehandedly.

Darth, LeBron played great in game 7 of that Heat Spurs series but he did not single handedly get the Heat back into that game. LeBron worst game was towards the end of that game. Go and rewatch every one knows it was Bosh gettin the rebound and kicking the ball out to Jesus who was their savior not no self anointed Kang James. You are the first person who gave LeBron credit for game 6, :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
DarthFed said:

Darth, LeBron played great in game 7 of that Heat Spurs series but he did not single handedly get the Heat back into that game. LeBron worst game was towards the end of that game. Go and rewatch every one knows it was Bosh gettin the rebound and kicking the ball out to Jesus who was their savior not no self anointed Kang James. You are the first person who gave LeBron credit for game 6, :nono

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400467338

Just because he didn't hit the final shot of game 6 doesn't mean he wasn't what got them back into the game. He had a bad game until the 4th and then went berzerk the rest of the game and kept it going into game 7.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 211