vs.
59693a

A few things to note:

- Cavs have their whole roster healthy this year
- GSW is coming off an intense Game 7 series w/ OKC

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
So who does everyone have in the finals? This is the matchup practically everyone expected for most of this season. The Cavs have played quite a bit better in these playoffs than I expected. They seemed to cruise for much of the regular season and they've showed that they had another gear. Golden State on the other hand has not played their best bball for awhile now though they did come up with a gutsy comeback from 3-1 down.

In many ways OKC is a tougher matchup than Cleveland is for Golden State. They have more size and athleticism than Cleveland and 2 mega-superstars instead on one. But Cleveland does have more scorers and threats from the outside and Lebron is a better all around player than KD though KD is clearly a better scorer. If Cleveland is going to win this they must shoot lights out from 3's. I think Golden State kind of found a bit of their mojo with their backs against the wall. Add it all up and I think it's Golden State in 5.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, I don't follow NBA much, but will be going with the Warriors. Lakers fan really, but generally support the Oakland/LA teams because of the Raiders connection and have been to the Oracle Arena in Oakland... well, been outside it at least. Warriors were always my second team and they were always shit until recently so I hope they repeat! As for analysis, I'll jog on as I don't know much about it.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
The Cavs were inexcusably really bad in the first 2 games in Toronto, so how are they going to win one against GSW on their home court, I don't know. Should be at least 6 games, I think.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This will probably be done in 5, maybe 4. Cleveland simply lacks the defense for Golden State. I think Lebron and maybe Shumpert are the only good defenders on that team. They are winning by 20 on a night where the Splash Bros have barely been involved .

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Cavs were close at some point in game 1 but GSW are now running away with it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'd be shocked if this goes more than 5. Cavs defense simply isn't good aside from Lebron. The Warriors can D up the Cavs a lot more than vice versa. They forced Kyrie into many tough shots and defended the perimeter well, forced a lot of turnovers from Lebron and that was that. This was a blowout even with The Splash Bros doing nothing all game.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
The bench was huge for GSW tonight. They have great players, maybe not stars like some other teams, but they play together and they are good together.

Just in the news here a few minutes ago, Raptors' coach Casey agreed to a 3-year $18 million contract extension.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes the Warriors bench is excellent and is an underrated part of their success. With that said the Cavs were making them all look like superstars tonight. They had Lebron on Curry for a lot of the night and he did a great job. But with him having to chase Steph around it will make things tougher for him on offense because he will get tired a lot quicker.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a matchup thing, that and Golden State is simply better to begin with. For what it's worth I don't think having Love or Irving would've helped last year. What that did was force better defenders to be in the game the entire way and it also forced the ball to be in Lebron's hands the entire game which isn't a bad thing. Realistically the only way they win the series is for him to go apesh** anyways.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
don't follow the NBA that closely, but it seems like the Warriors are taking the Cavs to the woodshed. 110 - 77 in game 2!!? That's a whupping right?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Winning by 33 points is definitely an ass kicking. Game 1 was a beatdown too and that was 15 points. If OKC had won that series I think the Cavs would've had a decent chance, OKC may have been the favorite just based on the momentum they would have had. On the other hand Cleveland simply matches up terribly vs. Golden State and obviously they are not as good as the Warriors to begin with. They were better off with Love and Kyrie out last year as those guys play zero defense and having them out really forced Lebron to take it all on himself the whole game which is realistically their only hope. Lebron isn't doing enough and quite frankly I don't think he is capable of doing enough to win this series, not anymore.

This will be done in 4 or 5. I feel like Golden State (1). found their mojo with their backs completely against the wall vs. OKC and (2). have a little extra motivation to not only win but to beat the crap out of Cleveland after hearing all offseason about how they would've lost if the Cavs were healthy. Lebron has also taken subtle digs at Curry and the Warriors too.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
This is flat out ugly. I think a sweep is possible otherwise it's probably over in 5. All that talk about how the Cavs would've won last year if Kyrie and Love were healthy just motivated Golden State to not just win, but to embarrass the Cavs. They have won all 4 games vs. Cleveland this year now and the one in Cleveland was a 30+ point win.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I was on the road last night and didn't get back until it was over, but watched the highlights on ESPN. Apparently it was closer (like 13 pts), but got blown up late in the 3rd. These finals aren't even competitive. I should feel bad for the Cavs, but I don't. I remember all those times the Bulls were winning playoff games vs. the Lebrons and w/ 2-3 minutes left he would just go on a tear and steal the win away from Chicago. I guess it's kind of poetic that Lebron doesn't control the fate of this series.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
That was a beat down if there ever were one. If the Cavs don't improve drastically for game 3 at home and somehow win it, they are done. They might lose anyway, but they should fight a little harder. They looked in disarray last night.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
GS is just so relaxed...from the players to the coach.
My workmate went to a Paul Simon concert in Oakland on Friday and he took video of Steve Kerr chilling in the audience...not a care in the world.:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kskate2 Other Sports 229
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
DarthFed Other Sports 211