2015 NBA Finals: Cleveland vs. Golden State

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
^ I don't really disagree with anything you're saying here. JR did well with the Cavs this year and was big in many of their playoff wins. From what I recall he only had a really bad game 1 in the finals.

Lebron's level in this series is way overhyped (I think we are on the same page there). I think Lebron competed incredibly given what he was up against and the fact he knew that for the Cavs to win he'd have to play out of his mind. But I find it tough to ever say someone played awesome when they are shooting 35 times to get 36 points. Lebron also got the 13 boards and 9 assists and that's what makes him an amazing player, he doesn't need to score well to have a major influence on the game. But in this series he did need to score well for his team to win and he didn't...
JR doesn't play smart basketball period . He is a streaky jump shooter but what LeBron needed was another player to knock down jumpers during the ebt n flow of the game to keep pace with Step n EagleDollar(sorry to borrow your words, KS).

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ That's true too. J.R. definitely could've played better in the finals. He is streaky but for the most part he played well in the playoffs. The shot selection is just ridiculous at times.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lebron's performance in this series, good as it was, is just as overrated as Westbrook's performances in the regular season.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Lebron's performance in this series, good as it was, is just as overrated as Westbrook's performances in the regular season.

If you think Westbrook end of the year run and LeBron nearly averaging a triple doubles in the NBA playoffs including the Finals overrated, I would like to know what standards is above average in your opinion

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

If you think Westbrook end of the year run and LeBron nearly averaging a triple doubles in the NBA playoffs including the Finals overrated, I would like to know what standards is above average in your opinion

My standards involve winning. So yeah, any losing effort that gets overly sensationalized is by definition overrated. How good could you really have played if you couldn't lead your team to victory? Now, if this had been one or two games, it would be one thing, as you could play great yet your team loses. But Westbrook had more or less 60 games to get OKC to the playoffs. He hogged the $hit out of the ball, took a billion shots per game, missed the majority, produced great numbers, and the team lost.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 211
DarthFed Other Sports 137
Kirijax Other Sports 4
britbox Other Sports 3
kskate2 Other Sports 214