2015 NBA Finals: Cleveland vs. Golden State

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GSW still not shooting all that well and thus find themselves down in the series. They have to come out firing in game 4 or they will go home down 1-3.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Matthew played his hearts out.:clap

James leads NBA in no. of pts in first 3 games of finals. :clap:clap

Looks like Cleaveland will defy oddsmakers.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
The good thing if your Golden State is that Curry finally got going and that could carry into game 4. They were really flat until the 4th quarter tonight. I expect golden state to win game 4.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
The good thing if your Golden State is that Curry finally got going and that could carry into game 4. They were really flat until the 4th quarter tonight. I expect golden state to win game 4.

Well, he was held to 3 in 1st half. No matter what happens in game 4, I expect Cleveland to win the series.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
DarthFed said:

Well, he was held to 3 in 1st half. No matter what happens in game 4, I expect Cleveland to win the series.

Winner of game 4 wins the series IMO.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
GameSetAndMath said:
DarthFed said:

Agreed, no way GS allows the LBj & the no names Cavs to continue to dictate the pace of the game. David Lee should've been inserted in game 2, Andrew Bogus is worthless, he just let LBJ come into the paint and have his way, that is unacceptable . Step and Klay need to drive the ball more to the basket which will create better options for the role players Barnes, Green and others. Shaun Livingston needs to share part-time duties guarding LBJ as soon as he crosses halfcourt. The warriors need to apply a full court press to disrupt and delay the Cavs into getting into their half court offense. The splash brothers needs to come inside the arc, to at least the elbow of the lanes , hit a few jumpers and work they way back out until their shot began to fall. If LBJ wants to be King of NBA, make him earn it, dammit

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I agree. We saw more of that in the 4th, moving the ball around more, driving it to the hole to set up more open shots, etc. And when Curry hit a couple routine threes he quickly got in the zone and hit the ridiculous shots we've grown accustomed to seeing. They are trying to run Curry off of too many screens but the Cavs' feisty Wawrinka lookalike is hounding him and they are settling for tough 3's because they often make them and are not used to cold spells.

I also think you're right about Bogut. The fact of the matter is that he is there for defense and rebounding. Like everyone else in the playoffs he is getting abused on the glass by Thompson and since Thompson and Mozgov aren't big offensive weapons Bogut's defense on them doesn't matter. Putting Lee in gives the Warriors an extra competent player on offense which surprisingly is something they need right now. But I do think Bogut's done well enough filling the paint when Lebron drives. Lebron is not shooting the ball well so the Warriors are actually doing OK there. So there is the chance that Lebron becomes more efficient with David frickin Lee standing between him and the hoop. But you can live all day with Lebron needing 35 shots to score 40. You just don't want him to get the 15 boards and 10 assists with it but it's tough to stop. The Warrior's problem is mostly offense so far.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Statistically speaking, after a series is tied at 1-1, the winner of the third match had gone to win the series, a whooping 84% of time.

The crucial thing here was the ability of Cavaliers to win one of the first two game away.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
GameSetAndMath said:
DarthFed said:

I think we can all agree on that. Even the clueless @ ESPN are saying the same thing. I gotta think GSW take this one tonight. I don't see them losing 3 games in a row. Don't believe they've done it all season.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^What's GSW's away form like? And what are the Cav's home court stats like? I assume game 4 is at Cleveland?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I think we can all agree on that. Even the clueless @ ESPN are saying the same thing. I gotta think GSW take this one tonight. I don't see them losing 3 games in a row. Don't believe they've done it all season.

There's a lot of stuff they haven't done all season that they've already done vs. Cleveland. I do think GS takes it tonight too. The one way Cleveland wins this game is if Lebron has a monster game with efficient scoring IMO.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
^What's GSW's away form like? And what are the Cav's home court stats like? I assume game 4 is at Cleveland?

Game 4 is in Cleveland. Cleveland's home stats in the playoffs are 7-1 and Golden State is 5-3 on the road.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Thanks DF. Without looking at the specific matchup between the 2 teams, that seems to imply Cleveland, objectively, should have the edge in game 4 then..?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, but a few more factors to consider:

1. Golden State is more desperate
2. The Warriors road record has come against the West while the Cavs home record has come against the horrendous East.
3. Cleveland is more and more banged up. They lost Kevin Love at the end of the 1st series and they lost Kyrie Irving after the 1st game of this series.

Given the injuries this is the worst supporting cast a superstar has had in the finals in recent memory, the next closest thing is Lebron with the 2007 Cavs.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^Sounds so interesting, I'm almost tempted to watch! :) This seems to imply that if Lebron and the Cavs pull this up, his status in NBA history will go up several notches then! A real warrior moment!

PS, we haven't heard much about this Curry guy over here. Sounds like he's something special, or is he just in particularly good form?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I will say this, if Lebron pulls this off it's one of the best accomplishments in NBA history. All championships count for "1" but nobody's done it with a roster this bad.

Curry is the best shooter I've ever seen, I know it seems early to say it but I think it's accurate. It's insane the shots he makes look routine.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
^If all isn't forgiven for all his "decision" stuff, sounds like Cleveland fans will be fully on board. Hope he does it. I'm guessing Curry is young, he'll get his rings in time

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Cleveland fans forgave him and looked stupid the moment he decided to go back there. He is all they have in that city as far as sports go. I was shocked he went back there after the city's reaction and what the owner Gilbert said. He is less vengeful than many others would be.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Cleveland fans forgave him and looked stupid the moment he decided to go back there. He is all they have in that city as far as sports go. I was shocked he went back there after the city's reaction and what the owner Gilbert said. He is less vengeful than many others would be.

I am quite sure that DannyG really had to do a lot of sucking up and etc to LeBron. LeBron isn't a bad dude, he just too damn big and clumsy to be whiny , he gets the majority of calls.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 211
DarthFed Other Sports 137
Kirijax Other Sports 4
britbox Other Sports 3
kskate2 Other Sports 214