A few things to note:

- Thompson has been cleared of concussion for Game 1
- Wade will join ABC as an analyst
- Kyrie still not healthy, but will play through it

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Going with Warriors in 5 or 6.

I think Cavs need 2 big things to happen in order to win; 1. Lebron has to find his jumper in a major way. As great as he's been all around in these playoffs he is just 17% on 3's and is flat out struggling outside of the paint. And 2. Golden State's shots have to be off. The Cavs have played pretty good defense these playoffs but I don't think their perimeter defense is that special outside of Lebron. The Splash Bros. will get some open looks and do what they do.

Golden State will just have to be themselves, while Lebron will have to play ridiculously well to give the Cavs a chance.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
That's a huge fail Murat. They didn't score at all in the OT until the last 10 seconds. Bron w/ 44 points and they still lose. J.R. shooting like he's at a bricklaying convention won't cut it. :nono

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Great way to open up the Finals. And yes it was quite the missed opportunity. Lebron played pretty well and Cleveland was dominating the glass early and built a 14 point lead. After that GS consistently outplayed and even outrebounded them the rest of the way. They didn't get back in it with a big run, just good team ball vs. mostly a one man show.

Realistically game 2 is a must win for the Cavs and Kyrie is banged up again. I don't think Cleveland brings it back at 2-2 if they lose on Sunday.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A massive missed opportunity for Cleveland--too bad. I have a hard time seeing them winning the Finals if they lose game two; it would be mighty difficult.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
A mismatch just became a major mismatch. If the Cleveland Lebron's win more than 1 game it'd be incredible. On the flip side it's going to be fun to watch Lebron in all out attack mode from the get go, it's the only way to have a prayer.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Triple double or not I'm shocked they can win a game on the road in this series with him going 11/35 for 39 points. We all know the man is an all around beast but I thought for them to even win a game he'd have to be efficient. They won a couple games in the Chicago series like that but that's the Bulls... Cleveland won with great defense and/or the Warrior's just having a cold night. That's probably about as bad a game as Curry can have. Now it may be a series yet...I will still say Warriors in 6.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I think Bron at this point is not worrying about efficiency at all...He knows he has to get to a certain number and whatever it takes, he'll do. Plus defend as best as you can and hope Curry has a night like last night. I would not count on that happening again though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He is just worried about getting the W regardless of how he shoots, just surprised me that they could win on the road in a game like that. Cleveland's chance in this series is if they can take both home games, don't see it happening.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
GSW need this next game to get HCA back and stop the momentum.

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
home game for cavs and thus they are doing well. Looks good right now from their defense

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is there ever a game where a ref doesn't "screw up" a call? LOL One of the reasons I can't stand basketball. The refs have too much power to determine who wins the game.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
At least the clowns ended up getting that one right. Overall the refs were not as bad as game 2 but I thought they swallowed their whistles a little too much tonight. The Warriors got hacked on some of them that the refs thought Mozgov went straight up on (but didn't)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 211
DarthFed Other Sports 137
Kirijax Other Sports 4
britbox Other Sports 3
kskate2 Other Sports 214